Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pony Joe

Happy New Year, everyone!  May bounteous gaiety surround you as we bid farewell to 2012, and welcome a brand new year, hopefully full of love and tolerance the world over!

First, a bit of reflection:  2012 was the first full year for which MLPForums has existed.  According to my incredibly detailed research, exactly [pony] new members have joined, and activity has sped up by a factor of [pony].

As the title suggests, this is the obligatory thread simply asking what you want to accomplish in 2013.  Do you want to undergo a personal change for the better?  Do you want to finally finish that project you've been procrastinating?  Do you want to come up with more questions to ask people in New Year's resolution threads?  Share your answers below!

Edited by Pony Joe

As the title suggests, this is the obligatory thread simply asking what you want to accomplish in 2013.  Do you want to undergo a personal change for the better?  Do you want to finally finish that project you've been procrastinating?  Do you want to come up with more questions to ask people in New Year's resolution threads?  Share your answers below!

Hit the nail right on the head, my friend.

I suppose my biggest goal would be to finish the first quarter of my story. Which, by my estimates, is still a couple dozen more chapters. Oy vey, that's a lot of writing...

In that same vein, I want to be able to dedicate more time to writing, and stop procrastinating at it. Actually, just stop procrastinating in general. For instance: as I type this very sentence, I have four other pages of homework opened up on my browser. Durn you colorf'l ponies...

I guess that's it, for now. I already like my personality so there's no reason to change that. Now, as to whether OTHER people like my personality...  :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Oh boy, there are soooo many things I could list here...

1) Get accepted to the private university I've been looking at. (And actually be able to afford it somehow.)
2) Get signed onto Subsphere Records.
3) Create a pony song worthy of being on EQD. Scratch that last part. I just want to create a pony song that people will really enjoy. Whether it makes it onto EQD really doesn't matter to me.

I'd say those are my top three goals so far. :)

Edited by CloudFyre

My new years resolution for this year is to spend twice as much time studding.

Unfortunately I don't think that is physically possible since I was already studying 10 hours a day, and humans need to sleep at least 5 hours a day on average to not die.

My New Years Resolution, well I made it into a list.

1) Try to hit 100 posts in 2013 for MLPforums2

2) Pass my huge regents test in January

3) Study more

4) Celebrate 2013 with my fellow ponies.

• Brohoof 1

Only about 8% of Americans ever keep their New Year's Resolutions. Why should I promise myself something when I'll just end up breaking that promise? I'd never learn to trust myself again. ...Well, more so than now.

So my resolution is to not make any resolutions.

Hey hey, look at that, I already broke it. Mission accomplished. Now that that's out of the way, on with the New Year!

I generally dislike making claim and promises to myself as to what I have to do. There is enough pressure from various sourcses, no need to add another one.

But... I'd really love to finally learn how to draw with tablet, because I'm doing that for, I don't know, two years and it still sucks compared to pencil.

I'd also like to get drunk more.

And I'd like to stay the same, no matter what kind of shi... lands on me over the year.

Well, it's New Year in 20 minutes here, guess I should get prepared to standing around alone, drinking wine and watching people outside explode.

Either way, happy new year, lot of happiness and healtlh to everypony.

Edited by Jessper

Mine, aside from my ongoing goal with playing the bassoon, is to really learn how to play the saxophone. Although, I don't know when I'll find the time for that at this rate. =(

- Become normal or underweight

done already, now have to make sure I don't go too much underweight

- Get back to gaming /esports/ more actively than before, was supposed to be so in 2012 but wasn't

- get a new gf... not where I am going, no thx, not there, so NOT!

- get actual real friend, not pseudo/fakes! ... yeah right another uncertain one

- Idk lol... I've run out of purpose in my life... not good!

Yeah I also dislike promises, sometimes they work, sometimes not

Oh and if there is no official thread,

Happy New Year 2013!

Edited by ImtR

I have been procrastinating on this one: Make a mod for Minecraft or a game itself. This year I am going to do it as I both want recognition for my work and my schooling is directing me strait to that goal, so I'll have something by the end of this new year.

Help in whatever I can. But pace myself.

Make more music.

Study better.

And if I feel truly ready, I might get a girlfriend. As I've been locked away in my room for too long and I need to get out there for my own good.

- Maxos

Edited by Maxos

Ok, since most resolutions are never kept, why don't I go crazy with this? I will do the following this next year:

• Conquer the world
  • Become decent at art...ing?...
  • Swim across Lake Ontario
  • Sprint across Canada
  • Write several best selling novels
  • Win the lottery twice
  • Destroy Pluto because it lied about being a planet!

... Ok, fine. I suppose I pledge to study more and to dominate the next semester like I did the first. I know the next semester is going to be difficult, but I am up for the challenge! Come at me, physics!

Edited by Celtore

Happy new year :D

Hmm my resolutions would probably be... Learning to draw ponies better than just the basic style like in the show. Maybe draw a few comics. If I ever get struck by an idea for a fic, I want to be able to make it good enough so people don't throw up at the sight of it ^_^

This year I hope to accomplish the following:

*Better at getting stuff done on time.

*More sports.

*Be More healthy. (Goodbye junk food... Doritos...)

*Be more social.

*Figure out Winter Wrap up on the keyboard along with other songs.

*Find love in a hopeless place.

I never. Ever. EVER... have a New Year's resolution, but I think I'll make this New Year and exception. I've only just gotten back to playing the keyboard/piano over the Christmas holiday and I forgot how fun it is for me to learn to play new pieces of music. The one I am starting to learn is

, considering it's dark and lively, which is perfect for me.

If you watch

, I am a perfectionist when it comes to learning to play a piece. And seriously, I haven't played the piano all that long until I was able to play that. Possibly a few months. It's been so long ago...

My only resolution is to be more studious. Ive been somewhat lazy this year as my grades weren't all that impressive this year.

Also I need to go find a job because I need one. Its actually my 1 year anniversary for watching mlp.

There really is only two things for me this year.  Either I need my business to become profitable so I can start getting debts payed off and eventually be able to afford a small place to live again or Shut it down, sell everything off, and hit the road.  I just simply cannot go another year of operating at a loss and going further in debt.

Second, no matter what happens with the first issue.  I vow to stay a part of the Brony community   Even if it is travelling from town to town attending meetups.  Maybe I will have to live like Trixie.

I'd like to get healthier.

Get some recognition for my music.  

That's about it,  I'm not one to make resolutions for the new year, as I usually have broken them pretty quick

Even though it seems like every year I make new years promises i don't keep here's hoping for a change.

*Become more social in real life (less Fluttershy more pinkie pie)

*Meet fellow Bronies in person

*Create MLP fanfiction

*Study harder

*Manage to voice a character in something MLP related

*Become a better actor

*Try to make the world a better place(voluntering, becoming friends with outcasts, keeping my friends happy)

My one an only resolution is to get my train wreck of a life in order and get out of this rut I have been in. I am stuck in a dead end job with a company I have lost all respect for, I have a to do list I have put off for years which includes learning to drive, going back to school, losing this gut I have and a few others. To put it blunty this year has been one of the most disappointing, unfair and soul crushing in my entire life but it has put things it has really gotten me to re-examine things and think about what I really want to do with the rest of my life. And I have decided that it is time for a change, it is time for me to try my hand at being an author. I will first start writing about my experiences as an individual with Autism and then gradually branch out into other subjects, if this works I will help others and myself.

• Brohoof 2