Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming PSVITA Pony Social Club [Non-members Welcome]

FIuttershy

56 users have voted

1. 1. Do you plan to purchase a PS Vita sometime this year (2012)?

• Yes! On release day!
    • Yes, if a game I want releases.
    • Maybe, if Sony lowers the price.
    • I don't know, yet.
    • No.

Also, memory cards are expensive for this thing, I hate how they didn't just keep compatability with Memory Sticks.

My guess is they felt it was both convenient and was about the same size as a SIM card. All cell phones are like that too that allow mem cards and SIMs. I think the decision was to make it as compact as possible.

Also, there's a bundle pack that releases 1 week early and comes with a 4g memory card, which what I'm doing is using that until a 32g memory card comes out and I'll buy that. By then I would have the money to afford that 100$ card, lol...

if the vita has some great rpg gems like the psp does i will surely pick it up one day so far the line up looks pretty good but what is the vita capable of ?

Can't find specific details, but here's some technical info

It seems quite powerful.

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Can't find specific details, but here's some technical info

It seems quite powerful.

To add to this, the Vita is currently more powerful than the iPad 2. It also has a wide range of social connectivity between PS3 and Vita users, this means you can cross talk and play against players on their PS3's from your Vita.

Looking at the past of the PSP, I can assume that many more functions are planned to be added as time passes. For example a YouTube app that isn't on there at launch. PSP has skype and I expect Vita to have it as well later on. And because the PSVita has more RAM then the PS3, it is actually capable of many features that 360 has that PS3 doesn't, one being what I mentioned above and the ability to play any stored music on your HDD during gameplay. It has a GPS feature that you can find people (anywhere in the world?) that owns a PSVita and their last location they played it, as well as what games they own (This is taken from complete strangers, offering the chance to connect with someone you've never met before).

There a many features with the Vita that revolutionizes mobile devices, not just on a gaming platform. I'm personally really excited about the system, and that not even affected by the launch titles present. Just someday I hope Hasbro will release a MLP:FiM game for it.

Also you can play your PS1, PS2 and PSN titles on the Vita.

OMG the editor is a pain to work with D:

I added some info and I'll be playing with this page for a while more prior and after PS Vita's release.

Edited by MyKotoShi

For the longest I was pretty adamant about getting it on launch day. But then I slowly realized I just don't need it right. Especially since I've hardly played my 3DS.

But if the vita gets a price reduction this year I'll be all for it.

I'm getting the first edition bundle for the PS vita from amazon. I have done a lot of browsing for things I'll need to protect it such as an anti-glare screen protector and vinyl skins. I'll gladly add you MyKotoShi once it releases and anyone else.

It is certainly good to see some other ponies receiving the Vita on release as well. Not that much would happen, but I always feel better when I have some brony friends available.

PSN is in sig of course. Add when you can anytime.

Also, 8 more days!

• Brohoof 1

It is certainly good to see some other ponies receiving the Vita on release as well. Not that much would happen, but I always feel better when I have some brony friends available.

PSN is in sig of course. Add when you can anytime.

Also, 8 more days!

Certainly. :P

I'll be working each day until then so I just think about how many days I do NOT have to wait, lol.

Read online that the UMD Passport system isn't coming to America. What's that? Well, in Japan, PSP owners can register their game discs onto their PSN---I mean SEN account, and download the games onto their Vita, since the Vita can't take UMD games.

I guess Sony America doesn't like the idea too much, and aren't bringing it over. That sucks, same thing the PSP Go went through, many people owned the physical games, not the downloaded copies, so the Go was useless to them. That, and not all PSP games are on the Store yet, so yeah...

I will say this though, my local GameStop had a demo unit on display, its a bit bigger than the PSP, but slimmer. It feels ok in your hands. The touchscreen is incredibly responsive, and the gameplay is great. The graphics and sound are amazing for a portable system, its hard to describe, but to me they look BETTER than PS3 graphics.

Obviously, I only played with it for like 2 minutes, but it was still a great demo.

Guys. Only 3 1/2 more days until the early release goes live. Something I want to point out for those who are planning to buy it, there is most likely going to be a system update on day 1. I think this will be 1.06 or w/e code SE is using now, just so there is no surprise there.

Also, on a personal note I won't be able to afford any Vita specific games until next month because of the splurge on accessories I have to do which will be a lot of money :/

Those of you I have on PSN, I have been sending reminders to my entire list, if this is an issue (whether you plan to buy or not) please PM me as I intend to do so until "official" launch on FEB 22nd just for fun sake.

On a side note, and something that could be brought to discussion, what multiplayer games would we like to get into within the community here. I know there are PSP games as well that we could play just as socially easy as Vita games. PSN games are playable as well I'm told. Hit that up is you wish :)

Edited by MyKotoShi

i am in australia, this is my first night. first impressions. best pocket device yet. but no phone, no gmail, n o google plus. no facebook until today and now its crashy. sony's IT must have been underfunded by its massive advertising budget, sony sucks big time dont get one until the phone comes out or someone hacks it.

Ihey check out the comments on the facebook page about the arrival of

the boxes at the warehouses PlayStation® Australia

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/02/16/ps-vita-the-stock-has-arrived-down-under/

every one of the comments to facebook by supposedly hyped up nerdcore

fans was written about three minutes after each other, all on the

same day feb 16, all by 57 different users. ie advertising facebook

hack. im gonna report it. the ps vita is shit without phone. am angry

i bought it.

signed john grief. real person

this is obviously THe Next step device. but, like the netMD sony's crippled it by not putting a phone on it. which kind of puts it in a sales niche, like when you have no mobile internet anyway, like down a mine.

There's going to be skype, and you can call outside lines from it. :/ I can't imagine a phone tool to be the factor that destroys this devise lol...

Anyway. I had my Vita for 8? days now. Loving it like mad but I'm saddened too. I can't find nor make wallpaper for it that suits its OS.

I tell you though, just the launch games alone, and that screen, they're absolutely brilliant. FFX will look and feel amazing on it, and Call of Duty... I have no more worries, the controls will be just as good as the home console versions.

If you have a PS Vita, be sure to send me a friend invite on PSN. For the first time in my gaming career history, I actually found people to play online with on a mobile device.

Why the hell does the Vita "need" a phone support....?

I got my vita. Lovin it so far, even though the only game I own is Uncharted. I plan to download a PSP game or two. Maybe Persona 3 or Dissidia 012.

My only real complaint about the system is the deceptive pricing. 250 bucks doesn't seem like much until you realize it doesn't come with any memory. I spent 60 bucks for a 16 GB card, which brings the real cost of the machine to 310 for me. I paid 35 bucks for Uncharted, too.

In other news, Sony is going to announce a bunch of new Vita games on the 9th.