Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming PSVITA Pony Social Club [Non-members Welcome]

FIuttershy

56 users have voted

1. 1. Do you plan to purchase a PS Vita sometime this year (2012)?

• Yes! On release day!
    • Yes, if a game I want releases.
    • Maybe, if Sony lowers the price.
    • I don't know, yet.
    • No.

I like both of em, though they obviously both offer different things.

I won't lie my 3DS was a dust magnet until Resident Evil Mercenaries hit. I'm not much of a nintendo fan (weird right?), so I was waiting on more 3rd party stuff. But now with MGS3D and RE:Revelations along with numerous upcoming titles 3DS is finally at a place I like.

As for the vita, out of the gate for the kind of game I am. It had a lot of title's I wanted.

I've already bought 5 so far and buying another next week. I've never bought this many games on a launch system this close to it's launch. Besides that I really like how it honestly feels like a PS3 in my pocket.

This is one of the reason's I liked the PSP so much back in the day, since it was the equivalent of a PS2 in your pocket.

Not to mention the sort of games that hit the Sony Handhelds have applied to me more than what's usually released on nintendo.

All in all, it's a good time to be a portable gamer. Any way you slice it.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi Fluttershy,

I've just sent you a friend request from my Vita. I love my Vita for it's graphics, apps, social features, remote play and some great games it has. I've had mine for nearly 3 years and i enjoy it more than my 3DS. :)

Although the the only bad thing is that there's not much games coming out in the future for the Vita, everything seems to be for the PS4, you can stream most PS4 games to your Vita as long as it's supported.

Iam interested in some of the JRPG's that are coming out for it though and i'm also always happy to make new friends. :)

The Vita's interface is pretty but its sound system kinda sucks. Maybe it's just the games I've been playing but they always sound muffled.

Not fond of the fact that I can't use a stylus on the screen either. I greatly dislike using my fingers on screens. No matter how clean I keep my fingers it's always gonna leave a smudge.

I'm enjoying my Vita, but there aren't a whole lot of games for it (I do like some of the PS1 Classics, however). My ID is FaloRoy010203 if anyone wants to add me.

The Vita's interface is pretty but its sound system kinda sucks. Maybe it's just the games I've been playing but they always sound muffled.Not fond of the fact that I can't use a stylus on the screen either. I greatly dislike using my fingers on screens. No matter how clean I keep my fingers it's always gonna leave a smudge.

Have you got a screen protector for it?

They don't really sound muffled to me.

Also, for the speakers, try using headphones as the speakers aren't that great.

I'm enjoying my Vita, but there aren't a whole lot of games for it (I do like some of the PS1 Classics, however). My ID is FaloRoy010203 if anyone wants to add me.

What sort of games are you into?

What sort of games are you into?

I have a bunch of racing and fighting games on my Vita, both from the Vita and PS1 platforms. The only game I have that isn't in those two genres in Parasite Eve. I'm starting to get into RPGs a little more now. I also enjoy strategy-related games from time to time.

• 2 weeks later...

So I've noticed the arena battle/monster hunting genre popularized by Monster Hunter is kind of popular on the Vita. I have Ragnarok Odyssey and Soul Sacrifice (the latter the better of the two from what I've played) and I'm looking into getting Toukiden and Freedom Wars. They all look so good.

Yet I couldn't get into actual Monster Hunter.... :lol:

I have a bunch of racing and fighting games on my Vita, both from the Vita and PS1 platforms. The only game I have that isn't in those two genres in Parasite Eve. I'm starting to get into RPGs a little more now. I also enjoy strategy-related games from time to time.

If you're interested in any more Vita games, there is a whole thread of upcoming games for the system, some of these are indies and have already been released. Have a look and see if you like any of them.

I'm also posting this for everyone else that's interested in upcoming Vita games.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=858508

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=969122

So I've noticed the arena battle/monster hunting genre popularized by Monster Hunter is kind of popular on the Vita. I have Ragnarok Odyssey and Soul Sacrifice (the latter the better of the two from what I've played) and I'm looking into getting Toukiden and Freedom Wars. They all look so good.

Yet I couldn't get into actual Monster Hunter.... :lol:

I have not played Ragnarok Odyssee yet, but i have heard of it. I have yet to play Soul Sacrifice, i downloaded it ages ago but haven't got round to playing it yet. I would recommend Freedom Wars and Toukiden, they're very similar to Monster Hunter and have a good story. 

If anyone wants to add me on PSN let me know.

If you're interested in any more Vita games, there is a whole thread of upcoming games for the system, some of these are indies and have already been released. Have a look and see if you like any of them.

I'm also posting this for everyone else that's interested in upcoming Vita games.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=858508

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=969122

I have not played Ragnarok Odyssee yet, but i have heard of it. I have yet to play Soul Sacrifice, i downloaded it ages ago but haven't got round to playing it yet. I would recommend Freedom Wars and Toukiden, they're very similar to Monster Hunter and have a good story. 

If anyone wants to add me on PSN let me know.

Both are on my list of games to get, actually.

If you want another one with great story go with Soul Sacrifice. Good god the story and atmosphere in the game are amazing. It's my favorite Vita game at the moment.

Both are on my list of games to get, actually.

If you want another one with great story go with Soul Sacrifice. Good god the story and atmosphere in the game are amazing. It's my favorite Vita game at the moment.

As soon as i finish Freedom Wars i will be playing Soul Sacrifice, i've heard it's one of the best games on Vita, did you know that they might be making a Soul Sacrifice 2? I hope so and concerning Toukiden, i would wait until Toukiden Kiwami comes out which is a better version of the original Toukiden: Age of Demons. I'm thinking of buying that.

The Vita's interface is pretty but its sound system kinda sucks. Maybe it's just the games I've been playing but they always sound muffled.Not fond of the fact that I can't use a stylus on the screen either. I greatly dislike using my fingers on screens. No matter how clean I keep my fingers it's always gonna leave a smudge.

Try surgical gloves. No smudges.

As soon as i finish Freedom Wars i will be playing Soul Sacrifice, i've heard it's one of the best games on Vita, did you know that they might be making a Soul Sacrifice 2? I hope so and concerning Toukiden, i would wait until Toukiden Kiwami comes out which is a better version of the original Toukiden: Age of Demons. I'm thinking of buying that.

Like how Soul Sacrifice has an improved version in Delta? I kinda wish I had Delta, actually. Sounds like they added a lot.

If they're making a second one I'll be all over that. I wonder if it'll continue from where the first one left off. I haven't finished it but the final boss is obvious from the beginning of the game so you know where it goes.

Try surgical gloves. No smudges.

Hadn't thought of that but I found a solution. I got a universal stylus. Except for times when I'll have to use two points on the screen at once (which will probably be rare) it's all I'll need.

Like how Soul Sacrifice has an improved version in Delta? I kinda wish I had Delta, actually. Sounds like they added a lot.

If they're making a second one I'll be all over that. I wonder if it'll continue from where the first one left off. I haven't finished it but the final boss is obvious from the beginning of the game so you know where it goes.

Hadn't thought of that but I found a solution. I got a universal stylus. Except for times when I'll have to use two points on the screen at once (which will probably be rare) it's all I'll need.

I can only get Delta from the PlayStation Store, a physical copy of the game didn't come out here. I think they're making a second one.

Yes, it's something similar to Delta. Toukiden Kiwami has the same story as the original as well as adding a new story, characters weapons, and a few more things, i can't really remember.

I've updated my Vita and i see that they've removed the maps feature :/

I got my Vita back in 2013, when they lowered the price. It was the Walking Dead bundle. I really loved it, but I have actually neglected it for a while. I'm not really into all of the JRPG's they have for the system, where some doesn't look appealing to me. I would love more first party games, but who knows if that would ever happen. Anyone is free to add me. My PSN is Jamthenice1, and when i'm totally not giving my Vita the cold shoulder, I got multiplayer games like Minecraft, Playstation All-Stars, and Killzone Mercenary, so if anyone would want to play, I am here.

• 3 weeks later...

I got my Vita back in 2013, when they lowered the price. It was the Walking Dead bundle. I really loved it, but I have actually neglected it for a while. I'm not really into all of the JRPG's they have for the system, where some doesn't look appealing to me. I would love more first party games, but who knows if that would ever happen. Anyone is free to add me. My PSN is Jamthenice1, and when i'm totally not giving my Vita the cold shoulder, I got multiplayer games like Minecraft, Playstation All-Stars, and Killzone Mercenary, so if anyone would want to play, I am here.

Sorry to let you know, but 1st Party support for the system is very limited. All i know is that Sony Japan Studio is still making at least two games for the Vita, all the other 1st and 2nd Party studios are making PS4 games :/ I have PS All Stars and Killzone Mercenary and i've added you :)

Finally started getting into Gravity Rush. It was a game that I wanted since the system was first announced cuz I had a feeling it would be good but I half expected it to be generic and clunky.

Now that I've played it for a few hours it turns out to be as fun as Infamous was when I first played that. It's pretty similar in design so I suppose that's not too surprising but I'm having a lot of fun.

I thought the main character was gonna be an emotionless doll because she had amnesia but she's surprisingly the most amiable character in the game and it's pretty refreshing.

I find it kinda weird that everyone and their mother obsesses over the way Kat looks though. "She's so cute" "Cute but not much of a body" and other crap like that. It's kinda weird that so many people talk about it.