Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A Passed Friend...

Astral Empyrean

As you raise your glasses and lite off fireworks tonight, please send a prayer heavenward for our sweetest and gentlest Great Dane, Clouseau. We lost him this evening. He broke his femur, and being such a big and elderly gentleman he could not have recovered and had a good rest of his life. We had to let him go. A bitter end to the year, but his sweet nature and wonderful disposition are what we will be toasting tonight. To a better 2013, and one dedicated to my family's passed partner...

post-9884-0-06987300-1357019764_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 7

My condolences.

While I may seem like a heartless beast on the forums, I can very well say that the loss of a pet is dreadfully painful. Though I do not drink, I shall raise my glass of water to him, and wish that he is in a better place, now. 

They really are part of the family and it's never easy to lose them, even when you know their time is coming. You can't ask for a better friend than a dog. I know how it feels, and I'm terribly sorry.

• Brohoof 1

I've been there, when my 9 year old poodle got valley fever and had to be put down. A toast to the happy times you had with your dog, and the memories you'll keep. May he play forever in puppy heaven.

:( :( :( :(  Oh the feels! I had to put down our cat just last winter. Some how she got lost for about 2 weeks. when she finally came back home she was malnourished and part of her ear was missing. We nursed her back to helth and she seemed to be doing ok...until we found out she had cancer. Needless to say she didn't last much longer and we had to have her put down. It's sad when you have to let go of a pet. even more so if you were close to them.

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. I love dogs as well, and Great Danes are among the most noble of their kind. I hope you can take comfort in the fact that it was better to let him go than to have him live a life hindered by his injury.

Years ago when my basset hound had passed, it was tough, I was torn up, first time I really had to deal with the death of a loved one. But what was comforting was that he was no longer suffering.

Thank you all, for your support during these times. I maybe able to brave through the worst of life... But the loss of an 8 year friend is hard. I thank you all for your support. I wish you a Happy New Year...

oh my gosh...i am so sorry for your loss, i know how you feel my family have had pets that we did have to put down due to old age, before we got our current dog we had to put our old dog down, i burst into tears and bawled as my dad lead her away...i raise my glass to your dog.

*sniffle*

I'm actually crying.

He was a gorgeous dog indeed. I love Great Danes.

At least he's not suffering now-you did him a good deed.

I hope that your New Year is one filled with happier news.