Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Male Alicorns?

Silverhoof

Its possible. A combination of all three races, that must breed with a pureblood (read, noble) unicorn in order to produce another alicorn. (unicorns with mixed blood in thier ancestry cannot produce new alicorns-this is why Celestia keeps the entire noble unicorn population safely in Canterlot.)

Its pure speculation, but the simple fact that we have seen no male alicorns is striking. Certainly one male would have attended Princess Cadence's wedding, if not all the ruling alicorn class.

So. Its possible to say there never were male alicorns. Never ever. Zip. Nada. None.

(edited)

I do believe that:

A.) Alicorns can only reproduce with other Alicorns. They can still have intimate relations with normal ponies, but can't make children (Which is unlucky for Cadence and Shinning Armour)

B.) Male Alicorns do exist, but are yet to be shown on the show. I have created several alicorn OC's (for fan-story purposes, not the be my primary OC), but of course, that's just fanon. Unless Alicorns reproduce asexually, then males must exist

Edited by Pencil J. Doodle

The show's gender ratio is fucked to begin with, so I'm inclined to stay on the fence. I understand the logic and it's sound, but at the same time three alicorns, all related one way or another, two coming from the same parents, isn't the most diverse statistics to make a judgement around, for me anyway.

• Brohoof 11

You do realize you are trying to introduce logic into a world of neon-colored talking horses, right?

• Brohoof 4

Well riddle me this... what race is Cadence's father?

Probably a unicorn. and possibly Celestia is the mother....

You do realize you are trying to introduce logic into a world of neon-colored talking horses, right?

I beg to differ. They are pastel colored. makes all the difference, you see.

I thought Cadence was Celestia's cousin..but who knows.

What if it's like the Viera race in Final Fantasy~?

There's obviously Males, but the females are the more common members of the race. So what if there's a whole magical village with alicorn males who run around and take care of kids.. and shit.

idk. rofl. There doesn't need to be sense in Celestia's kingdom.

Probably a unicorn. and possibly Celestia is the mother....

I beg to differ. They are pastel colored. makes all the difference, you see.

Yes! Now I see! Logic abounds in this amazing world of colorful equines!

Alicorns are clearly shown to be creatures of demi-god abilities, they seek to be able of magical feats beyond equestrian standards as well as living seemingly forever. We know only of 3 of these beings and it can not be determined whether they are a vast race for themselves or if they possibly are near godly beings. If they are a race for themselves then we must as well believe that they would reproduce as any other mortal being would, but if they are gods then their way of reproduction might as well be out of.of our comprehension.

Personally I prefer to think of them as demi-gods and that they simply reproduce in a natural way, meaning intercourse, we are yet to see male alicorns but if you think genetically then the alicorns gene might as well be the dominating one, meaning they they could reproduce themselves with whoever if they wished.to, but know better than doing so because they know the powers they are capable of controlling. As any other race with a female specified gender, male alicorns must exist as well, I believe we are only shown female alicorns for the same reasons that all of the mane six are female, that this is after all "My Little Pony". Though thus is something I don't mind, it doesn't change the.concept much, and we are.shown male.royalty, because that's what Shining Armor is now that he's with Cadence.

Well riddle me this... what race is Cadence's father?

Who says Cadence has a father?

Maybe Cadence has two mothers...ever thought of that?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Don't forget the wonderful and almighty creator, the only being who is the only one above Celestia herself, the graceful Lauren Faust.

Posted Image

Edited by NASCARFAN160
  • Brohoof 2

Its possible. A combination of all three races, that must breed with a pureblood (read, noble) unicorn in order to produce another alicorn. (unicorns with mixed blood in thier ancestry cannot produce new alicorns-this is why Celestia keeps the entire noble unicorn population safely in Canterlot.)

Its pure speculation, but the simple fact that we have seen no male alicorns is striking. Certainly one male would have attended Princess Cadence's wedding, if not all the ruling alicorn class.

So. Its possible to say there never were male alicorns. Never ever. Zip. Nada. None.

With only three known Alicorns, we don't have a large enough statistical sample to make a determination.

• Brohoof 2

Honestly, we just probably haven't seen any male alicorns yet. I'm sure they're out there somewhere, just probably really rare, or the show's creators just have chosen not to show any yet. Well that's my take on it anyway. :)

As far as the show goes, it is currently unknown.

As far as fandom goes, this is wrong. I, Nightfall, for one, am male and an alicorn.

What if they are live Asari's from Mass Effect, They are an all female race, but they still sexually re-produce with each other, and other spieces, but without the other spieces, mabey they're alike.

• Brohoof 1

I think that there are male Alicorns, but because we have only seen 3 Alicorns, we can't judge too much.

I think that Alicorns can breed with anypony, regardless of there species. I think an Alicorn is a cross-breed between a Unicorn and a Pegasus, so there could quite easily be male ones.

To be bluntly honest, there are only four possibilities.

1. Alicorns are asexual and can either reproduce on their own or reproduce with their fellows (may result in inbreeding)

2. Alicorns are all female and all males born from alicorns automatically become pegasi, unicorns, or earth ponies. As with prince blueblood.

3. There are male alicorns, but they have yet to be introduced.

4. (and this is just to explain Celestia's neice and nephew) Lady Esme birthed princess Cadence and prince Blueblood. this is a possability because all of her children become the species of which form she's in currently.