Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Male Alicorns?

Silverhoof

(edited)

Top right corner. Something is something, right?

Posted Image

There could be more males yet to come then. Also does anyone have a picture of the alicorn royal guard?

Edited by Unlimitedcha

An alicorn is the offspring of a unicorn and a pegasus or it is the ancestor of the unicorn and the pegasus, the regular earth pony is its own different thing thought.

• 7 months later...

I have a theory. Male alicorns do not exist. 

Look at the facts. So far in the show, all alicorns we've seen are royalty. Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, and Princess Cadance are alicorns. However, they are not the only royalty in the show. We also have King Sombra and Prince Blueblood, who have royal titles to their names. While Blueblood may not be an entirely true prince, there is no denying he has the title, and is only a unicorn. King Sombra, who was powerful enough to enslave the entire Crystal Empire back in the day, is also merely a unicorn. 

We can assume this is just a twist of fate, due to genetics. But we have had no proof that genetics have anything to do with the creation of an alicorn; the fanon idea of an Alicorn Transformation seems to be flying around like wildfire these days; people are saying that Twilight will be an alicorn by the end of the season. There may be some amount of speculation here; but for the sake of argument, let's assume that alicorns are transformed from powerful unicorns rather than born, as I believe must be the case. Why wouldn't Sombra, who, as I previously stated was powerful enough to enslave an entire Empire, was able to use such powerful dark magic, restrain Twilight Sparkle within an escapeproof crystal cage, and be judged a major threat to Equestria by Celestia herself, become an alicorn?

My theory is that there is some aspect of the spell for Alicorn Transformation (Assuming that is the case) that limits the transformation to female unicorns. Otherwise, it might be a gene directly linked to the sex chromosome, if we say that alicorns are born alicorns.

I'd love to hear your opinions and thoughts on my theory.

~Descant.

• Brohoof 3

What of course there are male alicorns. You don't think Feld0 is a woman do you? :P

As for the theory, yeah that makes sense and you bring up some good points but we all know the real reason we haven't seen a male alicorn is because princesses sell better. As far as the show goes it could really be anything and I wish Hasbro would explain how exactly an alicorn is created. But we could maybe say Blueblood was adopted or both his parents weren't aicorns which could mean alicorns can only be pure bred. As for Sombra he kinda took over anyway and isn't the true ruler of the Crystal Empire, that being Cadence.

I think if we ever see a male alicorn it'll be Celestia's and Luna's father.

Edited by N-Harmonia
  • Brohoof 4

That does make sense...But if it is so, Who would have made Celestia and Luna alicorns ? They couldn't have been born like a normal pony so There also would have been some alicorn before them, and another one before them and so on and so forth.

I will be rather angry if Hasbro does end up making Twilight an alicorn...That will ruin the show <_< 

• Brohoof 4

As it's been said, I believe that Celestia and Luna's father would be an alicorn.

As it's also been said, Princesses sell better. ^_^

One theory I heard is that Luna and Celestia's parents created the universe and planets. Their parents are probably immortal as well, but..busy. XD

• Brohoof 3

As it's been said, I believe that Celestia and Luna's father would be an alicorn.

As it's also been said, Princesses sell better. ^_^

One theory I heard is that Luna and Celestia's parents created the universe and planets. Their parents are probably immortal as well, but..busy. XD

I agree, but not fully... maybe Celestia and Luna's parents weren't anything we currently know about. Maybe they made Discord to test their daughters. Who knows?

• Brohoof 1

Well, one argument I have against the Blueblood thing is that he wasn't supposed to be a prince. Hasbro wanted him renamed to prince, he was originally a Duke. Sombra on the other hoof may have been a unicorn, but we don't know that he descended from royalty. If he enslaved the crystal empire, he could have taken it over as a new leader, not being born an alicorn.

Well, the overall population seems to be about 75% female... so until we see a 4th female alicorn, then it could just be statistics making it look off balance for the moment :P

But if alicorns are created rather than born, then it could be that whatever spirit/higher power that chooses ponies to ascend just hasn't found a stallion who was level headed and through-and-through good to deserve it yet. Sombra and Blueblood certainly aren't.

Personally I hope that if they are created, it's not just by other alicorns... I don't like the idea of Celestia being that powerful. I don't so much mind the angle that if a pony gets powerful enough they just automatically "evolve" (best option for alicorn Twilight, IMO), but then Sombra definitely would have been able to do it. Or maybe he did, and his buff with curved horn form was just as powerful and immortal as an alicorn?

Here's an interesting angle on Cadence... we assume she was born an alicorn because she's grown since when Twilight was younger. But she actually looked about the same size as the average adult mare at the time, and is just larger than normal now. So what if she had been an adult unicorn for a good while before becoming an alicorn, and then began growing toward full Celestia size?

• Brohoof 2

My view is that Alicorn are neither born nor ascended unicorns. Instead, they are created beings. I suppose that technically, they wouldn't actually be ponies in that case.

I also view Cadence as a mutant rather than an "true" Alicorn, as - other than having both horn and wings - she appears to be a regular pony.

Also, Prince Blueblood could easily be descended from Princess Platinum's line and thus have inherited his title that way.

I recall a good comic strip that was on EqD that did a good summation of this. ( I don't happen to know where the picture is )

It basically was the story of Discord and how he killed off the Alicorns (But two survived) and thus! Was turned to stone.  So maybe that's why there are no males is because only a few remain; luckily they live for a long time.

• Brohoof 1

I think like the normal, mortal ponies, Alicorn's had a high female to male ratio. If Alicorn's were in fact a canon race, and not just a genetic mutation specific to just Equestrian royalty (as some people believe), there had to be males in order for reproduction to happen. Magical lesbian spawn wouldn't necessarily happen in-show.

The only reason I think Celestia, Luna, and Cadence are the only Alicorn's is because Discord committed genocide and killed the others. It has nothing to do with sex, they were just lucky.

Alicorn transmutation isn't my favorite fanon idea, though Twilight may be turned into an Alicorn at the end of this season, it doesn't really mean that's how all Alicorn are made/born.

What I think is that the alicorns were a race that was once prominent in the world, (like ancient Rome).  Celestia and Luna were the queens of the alicorns, and when Discord rose to power in the north the people of Equestria asked that they would help stop the menace.  When they conquered him they were named rulers of the new land.  During this time of Chaos Sombra rose to power and took over the Crystal empire.  (this is getting off topic)  The reason there are no male alicorns, is that they don't live in Equestria, they all are in one area outside.  

I have an OC who's a male alicorn; my reasoning behind his birth is that he's the product of a unicorn and a pegasus. That's why he, and Cadance too, are alicorns. They have unicorn magic and wings, but are born, go thru a filly, teenage and later adult stage. They aren't immortal, either.

However, Luna and Celestia are goddess alicorns which means that they came to be in a mythical way. Such as like the Egyptian creation myth, where the parents are the earth and the sky.

Alicorns seem to have more of a godly status, rather than royal one. I mean, royalty isn't immortal, except for the queen of England. Who is also female. Waaaait a minute.... 

Either way, it might be a bit off to think about them as a normal fourth type of ponies. As far as the show goes, only 3 are in existence, it would be fair to assume they are something else and work differently, so to speak.

• Brohoof 2

A male alicorn could be possible, but if we look at the show itself there are only three in existence, as far as I'm concerned there could be a way for male alicorns to be in the show. It's pretty hard for me to explain this.

But anyway, the male alicorn proof of existence will be revealed someday, so for now there are a lot of questions to be asked about this even though Cadance, Princess Celestia , and Princess Luna are the only three alicorns.

While we are talking about this why arent they Male ponies in the Elements of Harmony?

It because this is an orginaly girls show, If they knew the brony thing would happen The Male characters would have more devolopment.

Anyway I think Cadnaces Brother is a alicorn.

It really depends alot on if you think Alicorns are made or not. Although I think the fact they're all female is simply because female Alicorns sell better or something :P. And most of royalty is female.

Alicorns really confuse me, I actually kinda wish hasbro would do some clarifying in an episode some day though. Theres so much speculation on Alicorns.

• Brohoof 1

• 5 months later...

Even if the Alicorn stallions arn't put in the show, could we assume that there are male alicorns either somewhere in Equestria or atleast somewhere outside of Equestria because Equestria is only a country and not the entire MLP world. They even mention that it is a country in season 2 episode 11 "A hearth's Warming Eve" or atleast they hint at it.