Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Percentage in the Page Title

Marcato

I thought something that would be really useful would be a feature where while you're uploading a track, the upload percentage is displayed in the page title. That way you could go to another tab and without having to change tabs you could tell how far your song has to go before it finishes uploading. 

• Brohoof 1

Which percentage should this be? The total percentage of all uploads, I take it?

Yes, that'd probably be best. :) After all per track would just be confusing.

I approve! Awesome little feature. Sometimes the little features are the ones that make all the difference. ;)

I've got a text string to work with there, so do you happen to have any suggestions (no matter how minor) for the optimal format of the text to put in the tab title?

I've got a text string to work with there, so do you happen to have any suggestions (no matter how minor) for the optimal format of the text to put in the tab title?

What do you mean by "optimal format"? Are we talking the simple "wording" of the text?

If so, I like your method, or something like this might work as well:

• Uploading...(45%)
  • Upload Complete!

Adding the word "Track" is a nice aesthetic, but it seems like it pushes the text outside of the regular tab space. (Thus the reason why I omitted it from my suggestions. I would hope that an artist knows what they're uploading...)

What do you mean by "optimal format"? Are we talking the simple "wording" of the text?

If so, I like your method, or something like this might work as well:

• Uploading...(45%)
  • Upload Complete!

Adding the word "Track" is a nice aesthetic, but it seems like it pushes the text outside of the regular tab space. (Thus the reason why I omitted it from my suggestions. I would hope that an artist knows what they're uploading...)

Yeah, the "wording" is what I was referring to. The percentage should probably go first, because the left end of the tab is where browsers begin truncating the text if there are too many tabs open (something I do all the time).

Yeah, the "wording" is what I was referring to. The percentage should probably go first, because the left end of the tab is where browsers begin truncating the text if there are too many tabs open (something I do all the time).

^True. (Although it just seems backwards that way. :P)