Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Christian bronies: meet, greet, and mingle!

Zach TheDane

• 1 month later...

Have a blessed Lent, my Christian brothers and sisters of MLP Forums. :)

Let this season remind us of the love God has for us, and the grace He provides through his one and only Son. He is a shepherd, and the Church is his flock, whom he loves and guides through the Holy Spirit that dwells within those who have taken up their cross and chosen Him.

"Then said Jesus unto them again, 'Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep. All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them. I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep. But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep. The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep. I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine. As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep. And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd. Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.'"

~ John 10:7-18 KJV

• Brohoof 7

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys. Need some advice, or just words of wisdom. 

I once read a post somewhere on this internet we're using that was really sad. It was a man grieving for the loss of his wife. One who, horrifyingly, took her own life. He went on to say how he was tempted to join her but wouldn't because his two sons needed him. I was about to wish him luck, give my condolences, maybe even pray for him. As his message went on though, he explained that he was raised in the faith and became an atheist. The moment those words reached my eyes, my sympathy for him was violently ejected from my brain. I read on but I couldn't feel any of the warmth or sorrow that was in my heart but a moment ago.

Why is this? How can I go from feeling sorry for a man in the WORST possible circumstance to feeling nothing for him based solely on the fact that he lost his faith?

12 hours ago, Steel Accord said:

Hey guys. Need some advice, or just words of wisdom. 

I once read a post somewhere on this internet we're using that was really sad. It was a man grieving for the loss of his wife. One who, horrifyingly, took her own life. He went on to say how he was tempted to join her but wouldn't because his two sons needed him. I was about to wish him luck, give my condolences, maybe even pray for him. As his message went on though, he explained that he was raised in the faith and became an atheist. The moment those words reached my eyes, my sympathy for him was violently ejected from my brain. I read on but I couldn't feel any of the warmth or sorrow that was in my heart but a moment ago.

Why is this? How can I go from feeling sorry for a man in the WORST possible circumstance to feeling nothing for him based solely on the fact that he lost his faith?

I can say that I understand your feeling, however it’s better to not judge other people since usually it’s not possible to know what they went through or are thinking. Also, I presume that you feel this way because you were unfairly treated by some other atheists, but it’s better to not continue the vicious cycle.

Despite any differences between people, in the end of the day everyone is a fragile individual, we all are capable of suffering pain, hunger, cold, etc. It is important to support each other. You do not need to feel good at first, it is not about what you feel, but what you actually do. The latter is something that you can control. Therefore, I would recommend for you to give some words of support anyways.

• Brohoof 4

On 03/01/2013 at 6:55 PM, Zach TheDane said:

If you read my profile you'll know that I'm a Christian, so I was just curious if there were other Believers out there who shared my affinity for MLP?  It would be cool to chat with like-minded people about the show! :mellow:

Hi! Wow... finding this...

I never thought that other Christisan like me would share a liking for My Little Pony. It makes me so happy knowing this!

• Brohoof 3

18 hours ago, Sketchy Tune said:

Hi! Wow... finding this...

I never thought that other Christisan like me would share a liking for My Little Pony. It makes me so happy knowing this!

You would be surprised how many of us there are within the fandom as a whole. The fandom is an incredibly diverse bunch. You can find just about any major religion here. And of course Christianity is no exception. :)

May I ask what denomination you are? Unless, of course, you are non-denominational, which is what I was for a while. I grew up Presbyterian, then attended a non-denominational Evangelical church, and then started attending a Greek Orthodox parish. My great aunt was a Catholic nun and one of the most pious people I've ever met. My girlfriend is Catholic. I've made Catholic, Baptist, Methodist, Lutheran, and Coptic Orthodox friends IRL and online. I've kind of seen it all at this point. :D

• Brohoof 2

39 minutes ago, Prospekt said:

You would be surprised how many of us there are within the fandom as a whole. The fandom is an incredibly diverse bunch. You can find just about any major religion here. And of course Christianity is no exception. :)

May I ask what denomination you are? Unless, of course, you are non-denominational, which is what I was for a while. I grew up Presbyterian, then attended a non-denominational Evangelical church, and then started attending a Greek Orthodox parish. My great aunt was a Catholic nun and one of the most pious people I've ever met. My girlfriend is Catholic. I've made Catholic, Baptist, Methodist, Lutheran, and Coptic Orthodox friends IRL and online. I've kind of seen it all at this point. :D

I'm surprised!

You mean what type of Christian am I? I'm a Pentecostal from birth ^^ I go to a Pentecostal church since I was little. 

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad to see there are Christians that love MLP. "To consider all things not possible is ignorance to God's vast universal creation. He has laid before us the entirety of the stars and within them many riddles for us to discover that we may marvel at those riddles." Unknown quote. 

I've been on here for a while and haven't noticed that Christians were on the site. I consider myself an unofficial scientist. Am I an atheist because I consider myself a scientist? NO! God is the reason I'm so interested in science. To gaze upon the vastness of our universe alone is enough proof of our Savior. He Is Fact. I believe that science is a gift by God that we may unravel the riddles that he has set throughout universe for us to discover. Common science today seeks to destroy God. This is in par to ignorant people who try to patent their own opinions as to where we originate from. In science there is no opinion of any man, only fact and theory. Even so, theory is neither fact nor fake, but a possibility. The fact that we have to hypothesize and develop theories to our universe is all the more evidence that God Exists because man will never hope to possess the comprehension of our universe. The edge of our observable universe is approximately 13.7 billion light years across. The fact that we can't see beyond that point means that we can't understand what is beyond that point, therefore being indicative that we can't understand the vastness of our Savior. The atheist scientists that observe our universe have been looking at pure factual evidence ever since. Moreover, they're too occupied to even study the Bible which is also not only evidence, but fact. I truly believe that many people will be surprised to find out that God Is Real when His Great New Jerusalem appears on the horizon. However, I can't persecute them for their choice, as we were all given free will. As for me, I know that Earth is not my final destination. God Be with you all.

Edited by Star Traveler
  • Brohoof 5

Please keep in mind that this thread isn't made for debating. While I appreciate that the previous posts were cordial, this topic is made more Christians to converse amongst themselves. Not for people of other faiths to challenge that. Nothing against you, but we've had issues in the past with this topic and similar ones going into debate territory and eventually attracting unneeded attention.

• Brohoof 3

56 minutes ago, PathfinderCS said:

Please keep in mind that this thread isn't made for debating. While I appreciate that the previous posts were cordial, this topic is made more Christians to converse amongst themselves. Not for people of other faiths to challenge that. Nothing against you, but we've had issues in the past with this topic and similar ones going into debate territory and eventually attracting unneeded attention.

Oh God I had no idea. Please understand that if I knew that rule or that what I said was in anyway against it I wouldn’t have said anything. I’m so, so, so, sorry. :’(

• Brohoof 2

3 minutes ago, Steel Accord said:

Oh God I had no idea. Please understand that if I knew that rule or that what I said was in anyway against it I wouldn’t have said anything. I’m so, so, so, sorry. :’(

Keep in mind no one is in trouble; both of you are good. ^^

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

My dear Christian brothers and sisters of MLP Forums, have a blessed Palm Sunday and a blessed Holy Week! Hosanna in the highest!

Matthew 21: 1-9

21 Now when they drew near Jerusalem, and came to Bethphage,[a] at the Mount of Olives, then Jesus sent two disciples, saying to them, “Go into the village opposite you, and immediately you will find a donkey tied, and a colt with her. Loose them and bring them to Me. And if anyone says anything to you, you shall say, ‘The Lord has need of them,’ and immediately he will send them.”

All[b] this was done that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying:

“Tell the daughter of Zion,
‘Behold, your King is coming to you,
Lowly, and sitting on a donkey,
A colt, the foal of a donkey.’”[c]

So the disciples went and did as Jesus commanded them. They brought the donkey and the colt, laid their clothes on them, and set Him[d] on them. And a very great multitude spread their clothes on the road; others cut down branches from the trees and spread them on the road. Then the multitudes who went before and those who followed cried out, saying:

“Hosanna to the Son of David!
‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!’[e]
Hosanna in the highest!”

And @ChB, have a blessed penultimate week of Lent, since the Orthodox celebrate Pascha a week later than everyone else. ^_^

• Brohoof 3

17 minutes ago, ChB said:

I hope you all have a blessed Holy Week! :) 

Thank you very much!

Hopefully it should be a great week, I like this time of the year.

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Everyone said:

My dear Christian brothers and sisters of MLP Forums, have a blessed Palm Sunday and a blessed Holy Week! Hosanna in the highest!

And @ChB, have a blessed penultimate week of Lent, since the Orthodox celebrate Pascha a week later than everyone else. ^_^

Thanks, @Everyone! :D 

• Brohoof 1

"He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay. " - Matthew 28:6

Χριστὸς ἀνέστη! Christ is risen! Have a blessed Easter! :fluttershy:

5ac11e669f63b_TheResurrectionoftheChrist_anOrthodoxicon.thumb.jpg.0d4cf1b27124fedba84c71e07a507694.jpg

• Brohoof 5

Hope everyone has had a blessed weekend 💚 keep the faith! 

I got to see the movie I Can Only Imagine this weekend with my family it's a beautiful movie.

• Brohoof 4

1 minute ago, Gone Airbourne said:

Hope everyone has had a blessed weekend 💚 keep the faith! 

I got to see the movie I Can Only Imagine this weekend with my family it's a beautiful movie.

I agree! One of the best Christian movies I've ever seen. :D 

• Brohoof 4

Just now, ChB said:

I agree! One of the best Christian movies I've ever seen. :D 

I cried so much my whole family did it was a very touching experience what he had to endure throughout his life.

• Brohoof 3