Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Christian bronies: meet, greet, and mingle!

Zach TheDane

5 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

I’m looking for horses in myth

Well as a heads up for the future, going up to any practitioners (of any religion really) and calling their beliefs “myths” is considered rude.

18 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

Well as a heads up for the future, going up to any practitioners (of any religion really) and calling their beliefs “myths” is considered rude.

I didn’t mean any offense, it’s just that myths are narratives which play allegorical roles in societies, endorsed a lot of times by religion and are considered true accounts of distant past. I thought the Bible fell into the category 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
5 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

I didn’t mean any offense, it’s just that myths are narratives which play allegorical roles in societies, endorsed a lot of times by religion and are considered true accounts of distant past. I thought the Bible fell into the category 

I see your intent. Just giving a head’s up. This is what you get if you look up the definition of “myth”…

Spoiler

dg2atnb-2e9b9201-1b48-49f3-93d0-7289e48d

Many people are going to assume you’re using that second definition.

The Bible definitely has a lot of allegories IN it. Jesus told parables all the time. And there’s a really good one that Nathan tells to David to get him to see that he’s done something wrong.

Edited by ShadOBabe

14 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

Let me guess, you are an Atheist.

I respect differing believes, but please use the term 'religions' instead of 'myths' when talking next, okay?

(edited)
2 hours ago, SunIsLost said:

Let me guess, you are an Atheist.

I respect differing believes, but please use the term 'religions' instead of 'myths' when talking next, okay?

What if his answer is "no"? No offense, I'm just interested in the borders of your respect. You sounds a bit false and stiff-necked. I might be wrong, but...

So... If God really exists then I believe He\It is the Universe, the real physical power of all particles of existence, no matter how it's called. All other stuff is just myth and fairy tails He\It is not interested in. The only question - is how much He\It interested in his\it's creations and events happen to or made by them. Why you should be offended by your religion's myths called as myths? In my opinion, actions are important. Being. All other stuff is a history. I can believe in any period of history but most of time it's just a matter of faith.

As Night-mare honorable Glaubenskrieger I can say, If someone call your faith as myth and you getting offended by this, so maybe you have lack of it, huh?

Wouldn't it be more honorable in that case to take the hit and not yield to them? Like, your opinion then my opinion - okay, we understood each other. It is the tolerance, isn't it? Coexistence in constant confrontation.

Of course, It's all depends on the type of your christianity. The true faith, the great search or just typical fandom of Bible as a MarvChurchvel universe. Will you prefer to keep yours or try to take from others. Virtues, you know.

Edited by Sturmponiere
  • Brohoof 1

I know little about Christianity.

Please educate me! I try to be versed in the workings of the mind for my work, but I never got to delve into religion. Can someone tell me the basis of belief, and reasoning for it? I mean this in the most non-offensive way possible. Sorry, English isn't my first language.

Essentially, I am asking: What makes one believe? What about the teachings speaks to you?

2 hours ago, Rarity Gemstones said:

I know little about Christianity.

Please educate me! I try to be versed in the workings of the mind for my work, but I never got to delve into religion. Can someone tell me the basis of belief, and reasoning for it? I mean this in the most non-offensive way possible. Sorry, English isn't my first language.

Essentially, I am asking: What makes one believe? What about the teachings speaks to you?

Well... For starters. Read the bible.... If you have questions about something well gladly answer as much as we can.

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Kujamih said:

Well... For starters. Read the bible.... If you have questions about something well gladly answer as much as we can.

What makes one believe? What about it tells you that you should believe? I've read the book before, but my first language isn't English so I might be missing some of what's being said.

• Brohoof 1

Them may i suggest you get a translated version in your language? The jw org. Has translated many. Im sure your language is there.

Plus its important that you understand what you read to "believe"

Cuz how can you believe what you do bot understand?

Plus reading the bible in your language has more impact and understanding.

13 minutes ago, Rarity Gemstones said:

What makes one believe? What about it tells you that you should believe? I've read the book before, but my first language isn't English so I might be missing some of what's being said.

Plus... One does not truly believe when you did not study the bible. Studying and applying it in your life learning from it. Appreciate things. Starting to know god.

Then thats where youve grasped it.

Its like a fandom. But spiritual.

9ne can say that being a brony is a religion in on itself..... Bronyism...

• Brohoof 2

On 2023-07-10 at 7:35 PM, ShadOBabe said:

I see your intent. Just giving a head’s up. This is what you get if you look up the definition of “myth”…

Hide contents

dg2atnb-2e9b9201-1b48-49f3-93d0-7289e48d

Many people are going to assume you’re using that second definition.

The Bible definitely has a lot of allegories IN it. Jesus told parables all the time. And there’s a really good one that Nathan tells to David to get him to see that he’s done something wrong.

https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/evangelical-history/85-years-ago-today-j-r-r-tolkien-convinces-c-s-lewis-that-christ-is-the-true-myth/

The myth that's true.

• Brohoof 3