Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Christian bronies: meet, greet, and mingle!

Zach TheDane

Roman Catholic here.  Born and raised.  In the church is where I spent most of my days...  Chillin out, maxin relaxin and keepin in touch  to all of Gods rules...

(yeah you probably rapped this to the tune of it)

Yeah, I am a roman Catholic.  

I agree. Why can't all the Christian churches collaborate? It's all Christianity. The entire seventeenth to nineteenth century's wars were based mostly on Catholics vs. Protestants.

Amen to this!  

• Brohoof 4

Anti-theist brony here, I would never incite hate or do what I do for a living (Religious criticism) on a board intended for love and tolerance. But if you theist ponies would like to put your belief systems through the trial of fire, or hear some of the arguments against your position. Email, skype or must message me :) 

• Brohoof 1

I agree. Why can't all the Christian churches collaborate? It's all Christianity. The entire seventeenth to nineteenth century's wars were based mostly on Catholics vs. Protestants.

Anything that brings down violence is something I can get behind, war is one of the most stupid and pointless things ever invented. 

• Brohoof 2

Good morrow. I be a roman catholic who is open-minded whilst being close-minded. its a never ending paradox with me haha. I was raised on traditional Christian values but im not hardcore with them.

I was baptized and raised Roman Catholic, and have been in communion with the Church my entire life. I'm the proud son of a Roman Catholic biblical theologian, so it all comes with the territory.

• Brohoof 7

Present!  Missouri Synod Lutheran, and proud of it!!! B)  There's actually quite a few Christians on the forums, and if you just look around, you can find them quite easily.  At least one other that I know of is Zygen.  But trust me, everypony on the forums, whether or not they're Christian, is generally very nice and civil, and you should try to make friends with anypony out there!  :D

Present and accounted for! You called? :)

Roman Catholic here.  Born and raised.  In the church is where I spent most of my days...  Chillin out, maxin relaxin and keepin in touch  to all of Gods rules...

(yeah you probably rapped this to the tune of it)

Yeah, I am a roman Catholic.  

Amen to this!  

Double amen to this. The differences in so many churches are so small. :P. Yet theres so many debates between Christians. Why not just be united? :)?

Anyways. I myself am a Christian, I am Methodist specifically by Church,(If you are unaware that would make me a form of protestant.) I question my faith for all the good reasons and thus have become pretty strong in believing my faith. I don't just blindly follow it.

However to be fair I follow my own beliefs on the bible, I'm a part of the Church because I love the people there and its close by aswell. And I agree with most of the teachings anyways! But to be fair I still don't totally consider myself a specific denomination, I'm just a Christian who is apart of a Methodist Church(To be fair I don't really know much of the differences between other protestant churches, thats how small the differences are. And why I just consider myself Christian mostly :P.)

Another thing that I love about these forums is how mature people are when people decide to discuss topics like this(Atleast 99% of the time people decide to discuss it) I understand its a touchy subject for people of all Religions, but this is by far the most mature it has ever been handled that I've seen. I don't really try and impose my beliefs on other religions though, I'm fine with others believing what they want, as long as they respect my beliefs :). I actually know and am pretty well aquainted with some Atheists IRL, I simply avoid discussing religion and everything is fine!

However I would please ask that nobody starts any religious debates here, I know plenty other threads have been started debating this stuff so if you could be kind I'd just like to ask that personally :).

Anyways, I'm sure theres plenty of Christian Bronies aswell as many Other religious groups on here, And the beauty of it all is how accepting we are of each other!

Ps. Blue is semi famous for being a pretty big Christian brony here, Hopefully he'll find this thread sometime... In due time. :).

• Brohoof 5

Anything that brings down violence is something I can get behind, war is one of the most stupid and pointless things ever invented. 

Interestingly enough, war was never really "invented."  Violent conflict has existed through all ages, through all cultures, and among pretty much all animals.

Ants wage war against other colonies.  Chimps wage war against other troupes.  People are only different in that we are good at using our big brains to make stronger weapons, and our big words to rationalize the use of those weapons.

Edited by NLR Information Minister
  • Brohoof 1

My main problem is people who read the bible, get baptized and then just start swearing and doing....er, it, with their boy/girlfirned and call themselves a christain. And they don't care and repent like the Bible says. It drives me insane.....I also wish all brances could get along, it's just I find what I said aboce a common sterotype for some brances, so I "hate the branch" for it's teachings but, don't get me wrong, I am really good friends with people from said branches, and I don't throw them into that sterotype unless they started doing said things.

Please do not judge me.....

• Brohoof 3

Don't worry, you ain't alone. I was born and raised a Christian, and I'm still learning a lot. I still go to church every sunday with mah family, but sometimes we do take little brakes.

Ps. Blue is semi famous for being a pretty big Christian brony here, Hopefully he'll find this thread sometime... In due time. :).

Yeah, I used to discuss religious stuff with him a bit on steam.

He's one of the main reasons I joined MLPforums in the first place.

• Brohoof 2

Proud Roman Catholic of St. Joan of Arc parish here! Glad to see fellow Christians! Come from a mixed family of Protestants on one side and fallen Catholics on another. Praising God for this fandom. Gives me hope for this world.  

EDIT: Also if anypony wishes to ask ANY questions on Catholicism, please feel free to message me. I'll do my best to answer them.

Edited by Vinstar59

I was raised a good Lutheran Christian, and recently our church has switched to the Missouri Synod. Although, I must admit, I've been becoming rather disillusioned lately. I've always been a firm believer in science, too, and therefore, I would adjust my beliefs to match what we, as humanity, have discovered. There are so many contradictions in the Bible to what we now know is true today...

I'm still a Christian. I haven't abandoned my God. But I'm on my own wavelength. I like to think of my belief... as more of a philosophy, than as a religion. I live by the values and morals I concluded upon by my own interpretation of the Bible, which is to preach equality, and to defend the 'lesser man', which, in today's world, is called 'a minority'. The homosexual community, the homeless community, and the very poor, among other things... I stand up for those who are persecuted, more or less, by the government, which is basically what Jesus did during his day. Therefore, logically, I often butt heads with other Christians, as I live in an area where religious groups are sure that only their view of God is the correct view. Yay, Bible Belt!

I don't like a lot of the hypocrisy I see in the Christian community as a whole these days, either. Not all christians are hypocrites, but a great many preach one thing and act another. It's irksome, and is especially bad around where I was born and raised. Probably a major reason for my dawning disillusionment.

I don't want what I'm supposed to believe to be preached to me. I want to decide for myself how I think the world works. And that's what I've done. Still Christian by philosophy. God is there. Jesus is there. Whether the Bible accurately describes what happened, maybe not so much, but I still take lessons from it all.

Edited by Descant
  • Brohoof 1

Aussie Anglican here! I was raised as a Christian, but I wasn't always one. I'm actually a fairly young Christian; must be a bit more than four years old now, though I know my theology and apologies.

Roman Catholic.  Before I came here I always falsely imagined most bronies on this site to be anti-religious rambunctious athiests going around spreading their moral subjectivism around like cancer and disregarding the beliefs of others, but as I can see now there are others out there who have faith.  :D

I was raised mormon. Still consider myself somewhat christian, I've read the book of mormon and the Bible,

I'm Not Super christian. I've read Alot of Buddhist and Hindu scripture along with Muslim and Zoroastrian Writings.

I can tell you that every single one of them has the same damn idea. Treat people as you would like to be treated and help those in need.

As far as I'm concerned there is some sort of higher power. But I don't think humans are in any position to speculate on what the nature of that being is.

Any ways thats my crackpot Philosophy.

Good to see other people are at least accepting there is a God. I just figured most people kept it to themselves, or were Atheist.

• Brohoof 1

I'm the first member of CeLunaism (maybe not). Kind of tough name to come up with. But it's always good to see people of other religions out there   ^_^

Edited by PinkiePai

Orthodox Christian from the core of Serbia.

Buck Belgrade, Kraljevo is where iss at, fools!

Fuck that shit, I'd rather be in some country with plenty bronies.

Last night I tried assimilating my uncle to the herd (he's 25)

He said Pinkie was sexy.

...oh god.

• Brohoof 2

I'm a Spiritual Deist but I beleive Jesus existed as man and had a great philosophy. Many Christian principals and figures in the movement are interesting too.

It's always good to see more people with different religions and cultures show up, it balances things out.

Ooh! Ooh, me! Me! :D

MLP has actually helped me grow closer to God. It showed me how much I love the stars at night (i stayed up later and later watching MLP until I eventually became nocturnal xD), and then at night under the beauty of the stars and moon I can spend time alone with Him /)^3^(\

EDIT: Oh yeah, I'm a Presbyterian. Any other Presbyterians? xD if so, /)

Edited by Night Shine
  • Brohoof 2

Orthodox Christian from the core of Serbia.

Buck Belgrade, Kraljevo is where iss at, fools!

Fuck that shit, I'd rather be in some country with plenty bronies.

Last night I tried assimilating my uncle to the herd (he's 25)

He said Pinkie was sexy.

...oh god.

Whave have you done?

WHAT HAVE YOU DOOOOONNNE?!?!!

you_fool_guy_by_mindofgemini-d4xt6h8.png

Now we have another clopper-prospective on our hooves! Molestia is annoying enough, but now it has to involve the Serbs! THE SERBS, I SAY!

I MUST RUN AROUND IN A CIRCLE EXCLAIMING MY INDIGNATION IN A RIDICULOUS MANNER!

• Brohoof 8

If you read my profile you'll know that I'm a Christian, so I was just curious if there were other Believers out there who shared my affinity for MLP?  It would be cool to chat with like-minded people about the show! :mellow:

Why you even care? we are all bros here!

We don't differentiate between religeons.

By the way I'm not Christian and I'm okay with them.

and most of the members here are christian. (because they are from USA)

That's just sad. Usually I don't care about trolls, but they do tend to sour an otherwise good mood, don't they? It's strange how people will say a lot more behind a computer screen than they will in person.

Why you even care? we are all bros here!

We don't differentiate between religeons.

By the way I'm not Christian and I'm okay with them.

and most of the members here are christian. (because they are from USA)

Oh, I'm not trying to alienate anyone! I just kinda wanted to know. I would never get on here and start trying to cause conflict!

Rrgh, it's really tough to stay caught up on a stream when it's being added to so often! Haha, now my previous post makes no sense!

post-11325-0-65607700-1357300776_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 2

That's just sad. Usually I don't care about trolls, but they do tend to sour an otherwise good mood, don't they? It's strange how people will say a lot more behind a computer screen than they will in person.

Oh, I'm not trying to alienate anyone! I just kinda wanted to know. I would never get on here and start trying to cause conflict!

Rrgh, it's really tough to stay caught up on a stream when it's being added to so often! Haha, now my previous post makes no sense!

Ok i understand what do you mean.

by the way your derpy pic that says" Happy Easter "

is so DAMN Hilarious!

that's what i do

lol lol lol

Haha, crisis averted! I guess there is truth to the whole "never talk about religion or politics on the Internet." I was beginning to think I would have to post an "abandon thread" pic!

Okay, I will for the laughs.

• Brohoof 1