Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Christian bronies: meet, greet, and mingle!

Zach TheDane

Dear God it has been a long time since i visited here. Howdy, everypony!

Hey! Welcome back. Always welcome.

I have seen a "Pagan bronies" thread and an "Atheist bronies" thread. They even have "meet, greet, and mingle" on them too.

Oh yeah, not saying that doesn't exist just that even the most militantly anti-theistic stay out of here and I'm grateful for that. Not that I'm against either of those threads existing. (Especially not the pagan one.)

Edited by Steel Accord

Have any of you recieved any backlash from either your churches, or the brony community just because of your beliefs, or your love of the show.

At my last church, I was able to show a relevant clip to my 1st-6th grade sunday school class.

I am able to show clips at my current church, but I need to get secular media approved beforehand.  

Edited by weesh
  • Brohoof 1

I've thought about looking there but unfortunately I've made some enemies on this site. And it seems like everywhere I look in that section I see some of those said enemies. They're really active RPers on there it seems like.

I"ve always thought of rping but Thread rp's have never been my thing. I like small live group ones or one on ones. Although I have very small rp group but it off this site and eh..idk how good I am at it really. But still fun just don't find a lot of people willing to play with me is all.

Rant thingy

So quite randomly looking up gam reviews cuase i was bored and came across Dragon Commander or whatever(Angry Joy review) I dont know but he was just showing off the poltical aspct of he game by having  the 'gay marrage' thing. The thing is this politic statement is completly biased to gay marrage, there now 'grey' in  that aspect of the game at all. Which really erfs me the wrong way when toplcs like that are set up only to shun religous people and believes. Just ugh...I have really really hard time 'tolerating' stuff like that. If I knew someone in person that was gay, i'd probably try my darned hardest to treat them like a human being..as long as i didn' see them kiss or talk  about said subject in front of me. sill feel really uncomfortable to see such things these days and been drowned in that whole same gender love thing ever since i joined mlp fandom..always rubs me the wrong way and always hit with nasty backlash(nothing long lasting mind you but still)

Also If anyone wnats my skype they can message me

Edited by BlinkZ

Have any of you recieved any backlash from either your churches, or the brony community just because of your beliefs, or your love of the show.

I've never been a target for being a Brony, but I've witnessed it in a Christian forum that I frequent. 

Edited by ChB

What does that even look like?

Other Bronies there have been ridiculed and mocked, which is why I don't tell the forum I'm a Brony.  

Edited by ChB

That bothers me. To have a Christian-centered forum and see people stoop to ridicule.
Y'know, it makes me think. I don't like it when people at school find out I'm a brony, but the idea of church leaders finding out scares me. A couple leaders that are closer to my age at youth group know, and my pastor who's around 72 has seen my RD shirt, but the idea of it turning up in a conversation with one of the older church leaders just makes me uncomfortable.

Hey guys, just wanted to say I had this memory of my aunt working with the Church to help make a school for children in Uganda. They sent us photos and a video of the kids at school with new clothes, running water, and all their smiling faces just waving and saying thank you. The Cardinal of the region actually came to her house and my immediate family was invited. We had a private mass and he was just a sweet and wise man.

Thank you very much for sharing your story! One can go through an extensive and complex philosophical debate in order to defend the faith, and that might even work, but nothing speaks more eloquently than living it! More people were brought to God by acts of kindness than by words.

Words might even convince people, but examples compel them.

Hey guys, I've said something like this before, and please don't let this be a jinx God, but have you noticed that even as we climb into the hundreds worth of pages and the unfortunate presence of intense anti-theism in our otherwise wonderful community, almost none such hostile intent has been visited upon this thread?

Yeah, I have noticed! What specially gets my attention is that at points even non-Christians came here in order to just have a chat, and it went in a friendly manner :)

That bothers me. To have a Christian-centered forum and see people stoop to ridicule.

Y'know, it makes me think. I don't like it when people at school find out I'm a brony, but the idea of church leaders finding out scares me. A couple leaders that are closer to my age at youth group know, and my pastor who's around 72 has seen my RD shirt, but the idea of it turning up in a conversation with one of the older church leaders just makes me uncomfortable.

I do know that being a Christian does not mean that you are immune from sinning. But Christians are expected to be the salt of this earth, the light in the darkness, or however you decide to phrase that. They should at least make an effort to be respectful towards others This is what I have talked just above about actually living the faith. When people do not live what they talk about, the hypocrisy alarm rings. Even an atheist is capable of noticing when someone is being a hypocrite Christian, even though the former does not believe in the faith.

On a related note, I hope I am not reading too much into your words, but by the way you wrote it, it sounds that you have not met hostility in person because of liking MLP. It looks that you are just being anxious about it, suffering by anticipation. Watching a cartoon about pastel colored equines that talk about friendship should not be more complicated than what it needs to be. It is just a show you happen to like ^_^

The internet can be a crazy place, but IRL people are much more likely to treat you as a person because… hmmm well… they can see you :P. If you act as if you were doing something wrong, then that is when you might make other people suspect you. MLP is a cartoon you happen to enjoy; it should not be too complicated to watch it. Of course you should not force it into people or brush it on their faces, but I don’t see why to be worried about watching it. Particularly, I don’t care to hide that I watch it and I don’t mind to advertise that I watch it. I just let it roll. :)

On a different note, I am going to travel tomorrow, this Saturday morning. I am going to get a plane to visit my grandma in another state, I am going to return Thursday morning. So I would appreciate prayers for a safe trip :kindness:

See you all, and take good care!

• Brohoof 2

You'd be right in assuming that. Even at school, next to nobody questions the pony shirt or the CMC, Equestria flag, and Wonderbolts patches on my jacket (or even the hair clip a girl put on my hat that has flowers on it). I don't know why I get so worked up about it. I get a similar feeling when I take out my Daily Bread in class (which is something I feel quite ashamed of). I was bullied a lot when I was younger, and it continues now at home instead of school. I guess I fear hearing what I always hear at home or have heard when I was younger. It used to be Pokemon, now it's ponies.

And on the subject of your leave, have a nice and safe trip!

• Brohoof 2

You'd be right in assuming that. Even at school, next to nobody questions the pony shirt or the CMC, Equestria flag, and Wonderbolts patches on my jacket (or even the hair clip a girl put on my hat that has flowers on it). I don't know why I get so worked up about it. I get a similar feeling when I take out my Daily Bread in class (which is something I feel quite ashamed of). I was bullied a lot when I was younger, and it continues now at home instead of school. I guess I fear hearing what I always hear at home or have heard when I was younger. It used to be Pokemon, now it's ponies.

Thank you very much! Now my plane should take off in 8 hours and 40 minutes from when I posted this. It will be 1 hour and 25 minutes of flight. I will have internet there, so I will be able to check the forums :)

On what you said about your home, aw... I am really sad to hear. I will keep you on my prayers, and I hope that things can be sorted out in the best manner. I am available if you want to talk about it in private, but a good thing would br to have a close friend in person who you could open up.

See you around, and take good care!

Edited by Sunwalker
  • Brohoof 1

Hey there everyone. Figured I'd return to this thread.

I consider myself a Christian and am looking for other people like that to chat with. Though I'm a bit different than other Christians that I've seen, I'll get into that sometime. I haven't really gotten that far into the faith either but I'm hoping to get further into it.

Anyways, I'm excited for the 30th - going down to a cabin in the Smoky Mountains (Seiverville, Tennessee) and hopefully I can relax and feel good while I'm there. Anyone know a good thing to do down there when in the cabin? I was thinking furthering my knowledge of the Bible perhaps, as one thing to do while in the cabin, just read it during a slow time. :)

• Brohoof 4

I was thinking furthering my knowledge of the Bible perhaps, as one thing to do while in the cabin, just read it during a slow time. :)

I think the best way to develop a good understanding of God is to tackle the bible for yourself.  

maybe keep a pad of paper next to you in case you think of some questions while you are reading?

can't help you with the cabin though, unless you haven't tried AirBNB yet.  

@, Nice to meetcha! I'd offer to chat with you in a PM, but I unfortunately seem to have abruptly had that privilege taken from me (don't know how or why, though). Probably will be back up soon.

Anyways, I hope you have a good time at your cabin. :D

Edit: Apparently all I needed was to make another post. Mind if I hit you with a PM?

Edited by SummerOfGold

Fear is a weapon of the enemy, I have a number of verses that I use to battle it, but here is one or two. 

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.  2nd Timothy 1:7

The Lord is my light and my salvation;

Whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the strength of my life;
Of whom shall I be afraid?
Psalm 27:1 [NKJV]

Quick question. Would there be any reason for me to suddenly not be able to use PM?

As to that, I had a point where I wasn't getting messages sent to me by PM, but later I was, so it may just be a momentary fluke of some sort.

I consider myself a Christian and am looking for other people like that to chat with. Though I'm a bit different than other Christians that I've seen, I'll get into that sometime. I haven't really gotten that far into the faith either but I'm hoping to get further into it.

Anyways, I'm excited for the 30th - going down to a cabin in the Smoky Mountains (Seiverville, Tennessee) and hopefully I can relax and feel good while I'm there. Anyone know a good thing to do down there when in the cabin? I was thinking furthering my knowledge of the Bible perhaps, as one thing to do while in the cabin, just read it during a slow time. :)

Bible study is a good idea, though spending time taking in nature and worshiping the Lord can also be a good thought, and spending time in prayer is good, and music isn't a bad idea.

Also, your welcome to PM me at any time if you desire to discuss something.

• Brohoof 1

@, Nice to meetcha! I'd offer to chat with you in a PM, but I unfortunately seem to have abruptly had that privilege taken from me (don't know how or why, though). Probably will be back up soon.

Anyways, I hope you have a goo time at your cabin. :D

Edit: Apparently all I needed was to make another post. Mind if I hit you with a PM?

Go ahead. 

Fear is a weapon of the enemy, I have a number of verses that I use to battle it, but here is one or two. 

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.  2nd Timothy 1:7

The Lord is my light and my salvation;

Whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the strength of my life;
Of whom shall I be afraid?
Psalm 27:1 [NKJV]

As to that, I had a point where I wasn't getting messages sent to me by PM, but later I was, so it may just be a momentary fluke of some sort.

Bible study is a good idea, though spending time taking in nature and worshiping the Lord can also be a good thought, and spending time in prayer is good, and music isn't a bad idea.

Also, your welcome to PM me at any time if you desire to discuss something.

Thanks for the offer. I'll take it up sometime. :)

• Brohoof 1

Got in a little conversation the other day with someone. While i'm not very good I did somehwat able to debate somewhat.
like one remark was 'Oh are you wising bad against someone a sin" and i'm like 'well we are all born sinners"  and then someting came up and i mentined freedom of choice and stuff. I"m still rusty.

Anyway how's everyone life been? I remember when i was part of quizing but soon become a social quizer meaning I Never bothered to memorize and jsut well socila

• Brohoof 2

@@BlinkZ,

I'm doing all right. Had to crunch a little for my homework, always a bad feeling but I do feel I turned out a good result.

Congrats on being able to debate like that. Never like it myself.

You do bring up a good point though. The way I was always taught was that mere thought was temptation and it isn't sin until that temptation becomes action. (Or inaction depending on the circumstance.) I think most would agree. After all, we may not like someone, peers, co-workers, etc. but we agree to cooperate for the good of each other and of all. By taking harmful action against someone, you damage not only that person, but by proxy the whole. Perhaps that's what Jesus meant by "what you do to the least of my brothers, you do unto me"? In other words, by seeking to do harm to someone you think "deserves it" you're hurting people who most certainly don't no matter your intentions.

Welcome and if you want my advice on how to get closer to God while in isolation is meditation. If you don't know how or have never done it, that's okay it's fairly simple to start but harder to actually accomplish. Trust me, deep meditation are some of the times I feel the most open to God.

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 2