Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Christian bronies: meet, greet, and mingle!

Zach TheDane

Thanks for praying. I escaped, for the most part, without a scratch. During the night of the hurricane, the eye changed direction and headed towards me suddenly. But it shifted at the last moment and went away from me. The power never went out, even though it often does during weak storms.

Lots of plant debris, a few fallen trees, and some damaged businesses, but nothing serious in my area.

• Brohoof 4

Hey guys!  Christian Brony/Pegasister here.  I'm somewhat unusual in the fact that I'm a bi-gender Christian, so I hope that's not going to be a problem, especially since I've done some research into a number of passages that have been used to attack the LGBT community & found out that such uses are based on gross misinterpretations or even outright mistranslated passages (e.g. the verses in Paul's letters that are often translated as being about gays are actually about pederasts, which I sincerely hope nobody tries to defend).

Which brings me to this:

On 6/12/2017 at 3:19 PM, Show Stage Guy said:

Then one day I heard about conversion therapy. You can imagine my shock. As fucked up as what I had lived through was, it wasn't even close to some of the bullshit that others have lived through. That was the day I lost my faith in Christianity. I don't feel that I can stand in support of something that (to some people) justifies such horrible things. Yet according to my parents, there is only one "true Christianity" (theirs) and everyone else has interpreted it wrong. In that case, count me out of it altogether. I can't hate homosexuals or transsexuals like they do. I've tried, damn it. And I've been told that God abhores hypocrites; by definition, calling myself a Christian while supporting ones of its most taboo things would be just what He hates. Nor can I stand by a doctrine that drives me into the ground everyday, telling me that I don't deserve to live. So I am NOT a Christian anymore, and I never can be.

Show Stage Guy,

As a queer Christian, I'm sincerely sorry that you have gone through all the abuse at the hands of your parents that you did.  My own parents are also fairly old-school & and believe that the Bible condemns homosexuality, but they at least, are still willing to love me even after I came out to them earlier this year, despite not agreeing with it.

And to expound on what I was talking about earlier, every single passage that supposedly condemns homosexuality either involves situations where the homosexual acts were incidental to the actual evil (e.g. Sodom was condemned, not because of homosexuality, but because the city was full of depraved rapists who'd go after anything that moved and the pederasty in Paul's letters) or was part of some kind of idolatrous act of worship (e.g. the verses in Leviticus, which were added because many of the local pagan religions of the Hittites, Canaanites, Philistines, etc, even the ancient Greeks involved homosexual acts as a form or worship for specific deities, such as the all-female sect of Aphrodite worshipers on Lesbos, which is where we get the term "lesbian" from).  Furthermore, nearly every case where the word "Eunuch" is used in the bible, the original word actually translates to some form of what we call transgender today (which makes the choice of an Ethiopian "eunuch" as one of the first Gentiles to be baptized as a believer rather interesting in of itself).  Jesus even said in Matthew 19:11-12 that some people would be born as transgender/intersex and that you should accept it.

As a matter of fact, there are records that even the Roman Catholic Church performed wedding ceremonies for same-sex couples up until about the time of the First Crusade (which, surprise, surprise, was also when they adopted their anti-birth control stance).  The reasoning for this change in policy should be obvious:  The Crusades were a complete & unmitigated fiasco from start to finish, so the church needed as many warm bodies as they could get their hands on to throw into the meat grinder (I'd say use as cannon fodder, except for the fact that the cannon wouldn't be invented in the Mid-East/Europe until shortly after the last Crusade was fought), so forbidding any unions that couldn't produce children as well as limiting birth control to the least effective type pretty much guaranteed that everyone would be having like 2-dozen kids who the church could scoop up for the war effort.

Now I'm not trying to defend or excuse past crimes of the church and other believers, but rather put them into perspective.  This is why I've been trying to follow what Jesus Himself teaches these days about loving everyone & not judging (because it is written: Judge not, lest you be judged & the scale by which you measure will be used to measure you).

Finally, I'd like to add that, in your search for the truth (and I wish you the best in that), you'll find that every single group, religious or otherwise, has a significant number of self-righteous hypocrites who only want to use the group to manipulate people to further their own ends, even atheists (just do a YouTube search for "Soviet Young Pioneers" if you don't believe me).  What I learned to do was look past the human failings of the adherents to a particular religion/philosophy and study the original message itself.  That is how I ultimately came to Christ myself:  No other belief system or philosophy managed to satisfy my logical AND purpose (for lack of a better word) requirements.

Anyways, I wish you the best going forwards, whatever conclusions you ultimately come to.

• Brohoof 3

It should be understood that the church's stance on homosexuality is not an attack, but a guideline on how we should try to live our lives. There are countless things we can do in this life and many things we can't (or should endeavor to overcome). When a parent tells their child yes or no it's not an attack on that child, it's merely guidance. God knows that different people experience love in different ways. God loves all His children unconditionally. He gives us free will and teaches us the best way to use it, for our own good and ultimate happiness, no matter what the modern media would like to make us think. And people, whether they are a part of the church or not, are still human beings, and as such are subject to human error. Some (but certainly not all) interpret the word of God in ways God didn't necessarily intend, but do so, for better or worse, according to their own level of understanding. That's what we all do, whether it be from a standpoint of teacher or student. Often times we try to find ways of reinterpreting things in order to justify everything we want to do, even if it's incorrect. It's a basic human fault to hear only what we want to hear, to justify our own will and call it the will of God. The bottom line is, listen to what Jesus Himself teaches us. We should put the motivations and interests of ourselves (and others) aside, make ourselves like an empty vessel and just try to understand things the way they're intended, according to Jesus. If it's difficullt, we shouldn't rebel against it, but try to abandon ego, desire, stubbornness and mold our lives according to God's will. He loves us and He is infinitely patient. He knows we all find our way at our own pace. Not everything is supposed to be easy, but obstacles and even our own instincts are some of the things we're put on this earth to overcome.

Be strong, be happy, and may God bless you. 

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Brohoof 4

Yes, I do believe also that nobody is perfect, only God and Jesus Christ are perfect, but God loves you whether you are homosexual or not. I've gone through "experimental" times to say the least where I've had same-sex attractions, mostly when I was younger, but I know God still loves me no matter what. Be happy with who you are, and remember this if you are a queer/homosexual/bisexual/transgender Christian.

My personal belief is that we should not judge as the Bible tells us so, so if someone says they are gay, I don't think otherwise to tell them if it's bad or not, I just accept them with loving arms, as we should all do. It's a good rule to live by.

• Brohoof 7

12 hours ago, Cloggedone said:

My personal belief is that we should not judge as the Bible tells us so, so if someone says they are gay, I don't think otherwise to tell them if it's bad or not, I just accept them with loving arms, as we should all do. It's a good rule to live by.

This is what I was leaning towards even before I finally made peace with my identity:  After witnessing all the hate & vileness directed towards certain groups by some so-called Christians, I figure that, on the Day of Judgement, I'd rather have to answer for being too kind & loving than being too judgemental & driving others away from Christ...

Anyways, there's something I wanted to say earlier, but didn't want to make my previous Wall o' Text™ longer than it already was:

One of the things that I've noticed with My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is how, not only do a lot of the friendship lessons & such jive well with Christian principles, but the Elements of Harmony also work pretty well for simplified versions of the Fruits of the Spirit/cardinal virtues:

Laughter (Pinkie) = Joy/Hope

Honesty (Applejack) = Truth

Kindness (Fluttershy) = Gentleness/Meekness

Generosity (Rarity) = Charity

Loyalty (Rainbow Dash) = Steadfastness

Friendship (Twilight Sparkle), the greatest of the Elements of Harmony = Agape Love, the greatest of the Fruits of the Spirit.

Also, the entire season 4 finale had a LOT of parallels to the Easter story, especially how Twilight was willing to sacrifice everything to save even the one who betrayed her, and how that sacrifice ended up being what was needed to ultimately defeat the enemy. ;)

• Brohoof 3

On 9/13/2017 at 6:30 PM, DJ_Bonebraker said:

Show Stage Guy,

As a queer Christian, I'm sincerely sorry that you have gone through all the abuse at the hands of your parents that you did.  My own parents are also fairly old-school & and believe that the Bible condemns homosexuality, but they at least, are still willing to love me even after I came out to them earlier this year, despite not agreeing with it.

And to expound on what I was talking about earlier, every single passage that supposedly condemns homosexuality either involves situations where the homosexual acts were incidental to the actual evil (e.g. Sodom was condemned, not because of homosexuality, but because the city was full of depraved rapists who'd go after anything that moved and the pederasty in Paul's letters) or was part of some kind of idolatrous act of worship (e.g. the verses in Leviticus, which were added because many of the local pagan religions of the Hittites, Canaanites, Philistines, etc, even the ancient Greeks involved homosexual acts as a form or worship for specific deities, such as the all-female sect of Aphrodite worshipers on Lesbos, which is where we get the term "lesbian" from).  Furthermore, nearly every case where the word "Eunuch" is used in the bible, the original word actually translates to some form of what we call transgender today (which makes the choice of an Ethiopian "eunuch" as one of the first Gentiles to be baptized as a believer rather interesting in of itself).  Jesus even said in Matthew 19:11-12 that some people would be born as transgender/intersex and that you should accept it.

As a matter of fact, there are records that even the Roman Catholic Church performed wedding ceremonies for same-sex couples up until about the time of the First Crusade (which, surprise, surprise, was also when they adopted their anti-birth control stance).  The reasoning for this change in policy should be obvious:  The Crusades were a complete & unmitigated fiasco from start to finish, so the church needed as many warm bodies as they could get their hands on to throw into the meat grinder (I'd say use as cannon fodder, except for the fact that the cannon wouldn't be invented in the Mid-East/Europe until shortly after the last Crusade was fought), so forbidding any unions that couldn't produce children as well as limiting birth control to the least effective type pretty much guaranteed that everyone would be having like 2-dozen kids who the church could scoop up for the war effort.

Now I'm not trying to defend or excuse past crimes of the church and other believers, but rather put them into perspective.  This is why I've been trying to follow what Jesus Himself teaches these days about loving everyone & not judging (because it is written: Judge not, lest you be judged & the scale by which you measure will be used to measure you).

Finally, I'd like to add that, in your search for the truth (and I wish you the best in that), you'll find that every single group, religious or otherwise, has a significant number of self-righteous hypocrites who only want to use the group to manipulate people to further their own ends, even atheists (just do a YouTube search for "Soviet Young Pioneers" if you don't believe me).  What I learned to do was look past the human failings of the adherents to a particular religion/philosophy and study the original message itself.  That is how I ultimately came to Christ myself:  No other belief system or philosophy managed to satisfy my logical AND purpose (for lack of a better word) requirements.

Anyways, I wish you the best going forwards, whatever conclusions you ultimately come to.

I appreciate you taking the time to make this post. Your observations are very interesting to me. However I feel the need to clear up a few things on my part.

Firstly, I'm aware that my parents would still love me even if I were queer. They would disown me, yes, but I don't believe their love would truly fade, but instead be buried. I understand that when my mother said the things that she did, she was feeling very emotional; too emotional perhaps. I know that her rational side has made her regret it, because I can see her guilt in the way she acts toward me. She was motivated by love to save me from Hell, so far as she believed. And I try to appreciate that as best I can.

Secondly, it should be noted that I'm also aware both my parents have stories of their own that led them to be who they are today. They have each had quite difficult lives in a different way, which I will not recall in this post. Suffice to say, it's easy for me to see why they act how they do. And while I would be lying if I said I disagree-strongly-with their child raising methods, I can understand what they wanted to accomplish and why.

Thirdly, at the moment I am avoiding coming to any conclusions about religion or spirituality. Someone I know, trust and respect (and who is quite a bit older than me) advised me to wait several years before coming to any conclusions on religion, that I should wait to mature more before deciding anything. I greatly value that advice, and I am following it for the moment. Being a young adult is quite difficult enough without questioning the meaning of life as well, I suppose.

Edited by SpookySpoop
  • Brohoof 1

@SpookySpoop  As an old fart aged 39, I'll say this:  I agree 120% with what your friend told you, particularly considering the background you're coming from:  I may have come to my beliefs at a fairly early age (13), but that was partially due to the fact that, as I pointed out in the "Are you Religious?" thread, for most of my childhood my parents were essentially anti-religious theists (my dad's exact quote about his views on religion, which both his brothers still share, is that all the different religions in the world were different facets of the same Creator, but were mostly just used by greedy/power hungry dictators as an excuse to kill and conquer), so I got a lot of that exploring out of the way fairly early, and even in the end, didn't make my decision lightly, and neither should you.  This kind of thing is something that should be carefully considered, not rushed into, particularly since you're just starting out on your own path in life. ;) 

Edited by DJ_Bonebraker
  • Brohoof 3

@DJ_Bonebraker

I do find that idea somewhat sad. Not that, as you said, we should "rush into things." Just that, for some people, religion is something difficult in their lives. I certainly don't blame anyone for that, everyone is different after all and it's such a multifaceted mode of lifestyle with many different experiences. My own Mom, one of the most devout people I know, had a period in life where she was so angry she cut all ties with God.

What I meant by me finding such sad was simply because, in my own experience, faith has been such a nurturing and comforting force. Whenever I go to mass I always feel so refreshed and filled with God's grace. Talking to priests has always left me feeling like I've learned something or was given the tools I need. Even when I venture outside of Christianity, I get to see how other people search for and experience the transcendent love of God.

So, just to hear that having faith, something that has been such an uncomplicated positive in my life and a core of my personality, is something other people struggle to have. Just strikes me as unfair to others.

• Brohoof 1

Hello all my religious buddies! I have something to ask, first some background though. I have been a nihilist through most of my life, starting from our confirmation camp which had a reverse effect on me. Mostly because the priests there slandered evolution theory and were absolute lunatics at times. I understand having different views but when you just laugh at something so generally accepted and draw crude sketches about it...I just cannot comprehend. (We are talking about Lutheran church here.) 

The odd problem here is that I never wished to be a nihilist. I have always wanted to be at least a little bit religious but that experience drove me so far from it as can be. I got very confused after passing the camp and did some research of my own, resulting in the state which I am now in. I don't believe anything unless it is a 100% proven fact and there is no such thing to me as "faith". 

Now, I would like to ask that do you guys have any suggestions on how to "reform" back into the scheme? I find it very hard now that my mindset has completely changed and stayed that way for years on end.

Thanks a lot in advance!

On 17/09/2017 at 10:20 AM, Corvino said:

Hello all my religious buddies! I have something to ask, first some background though. I have been a nihilist through most of my life, starting from our confirmation camp which had a reverse effect on me. Mostly because the priests there slandered evolution theory and were absolute lunatics at times. I understand having different views but when you just laugh at something so generally accepted and draw crude sketches about it...I just cannot comprehend. (We are talking about Lutheran church here.) 

The odd problem here is that I never wished to be a nihilist. I have always wanted to be at least a little bit religious but that experience drove me so far from it as can be. I got very confused after passing the camp and did some research of my own, resulting in the state which I am now in. I don't believe anything unless it is a 100% proven fact and there is no such thing to me as "faith". 

Now, I would like to ask that do you guys have any suggestions on how to "reform" back into the scheme? I find it very hard now that my mindset has completely changed and stayed that way for years on end.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Hello! Apologies for taking a bit to respond.

First, I am sorry for what happened to you. That was really uncalled-for. I understand that it can give a really bad image about God, but ultimately it affects God in no shape or form and also has no bearing on his existence. Ultimately, the one who should be followed is God himself, and not those who claim to act in his name. Their purpose should be just to lead people to God, but let's not forget that people are imperfect and they can commit mistakes.

Anyways, I see the idea of evolution as indifferent to the existence of God. The idea of God talks about someone who is the first cause of everything else, that is, God as the responsible for the Universe, including laws by which the Universe works, as well anything else beyond the Universe. God can make things to work in any way as he see fits, so whether evolution is correct or not, it is compatible with the idea of God. Therefore it's not necessary to abandon knowledge in order to follow God. Actually, it's just the opposite: the idea of God presumes that there is a logic by which things work, that is, absolute truths. So seeking knowledge is also an way to understand God, which is why Science was developed in the West, which has a strong influence of Christianity. The Catholic Church has founded the first universities, for example, and even today quite a few universities have a Christian upbringing.

About seeking God. Well, everyone has a sense to seek for meaning, to look for something deeper. It's not unlike the sense to seek food when one is hungry, or water when one is thirsty. Those are things that are necessary to live, and it would be quite pointless to have the sense to seek something that cannot be found. Even when people don't believe in God, they still seek for something more, except that they might end up replacing God by pretty much anything else (like power, fame, fortune, objects, other people, or --worse-- themselves). Though these things might have their use when properly used, they are unable to fill the hole that only God can fill. Sometimes the only way to realize that is when you experience the emptiness yourself.

Faith is something that is a gift from God. And he gives it to whoever wants and seeks it. It might takes a while, even the saints go through long periods of spiritual dry spell. I presume that it happens so one can seek God in a more uninterested way, without second intentions. Anyways, I would suggest to first seek a different group than the one where you used to be, be them from the Luteran Chruch or otherwise, one that worships God in a mature way. Having the help of other people IRL to help you and learn from is really a good push forward.

• Brohoof 5

@Corvino Well I'm probably not the best person you could talk to on this thread but none of them have gotten back to you yet (that I know of) and I'm sick of seeing this go unanswered.

For starters, wanting to have faith puts you in a better position since you consider that to be desirous even if you're not mentally ready to open yourself to it. Believing in God as something transcendent is hard so you should start by placing your faith in something less abstract but still intangible. For instance, belief in justice, truth, or a moral noun. Anything that directly relates to the human experience but is, by its nature, immaterial.

• Brohoof 4

For all of you who read an English translation of the Bible, which translation do you use? Due to my protestant upbringing I've always read the KVJ but I've been wanting to branch out and read another translation but I'm having a difficult time choosing which one. I've been leaning towards getting a Catholic Bible but I don't really know which Catholic translations are preferred over others. I also would like to retain some of the early modern English characteristics such as the the distinction with 'ye/you' and 'thee/thou' etc but am willing to go with a more modern rendition. 

If any y'all are able to help me out that would be much appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

So, I thought about something today.

I recently came out as transgender, though I'm not totally sure if this is a phase or if this is how I really feel yet. I still want to be Christian, but even though a lot are becoming more accepting of gay, lesbian and bisexual people, I know a lot are still not accepting or are uncomfortable about trans people. What should I do about this, in a Christian perspective?

• Brohoof 2

3 hours ago, Cloggedone said:

So, I thought about something today.

I recently came out as transgender, though I'm not totally sure if this is a phase or if this is how I really feel yet. I still want to be Christian, but even though a lot are becoming more accepting of gay, lesbian and bisexual people, I know a lot are still not accepting or are uncomfortable about trans people. What should I do about this, in a Christian perspective?

Well first and foremost, you should deeply meditate on whether your are trans at all. We live in a world of constant identity pressures and the LGBT spectrum offers a lot of psychologically easing appeal for those questioning their sense of self. There's a great sense of relief when one decides for themselves "this is what I am." Even if what one is doing is more out of a desire for identity rather than discovery or acceptance of it. This isn't helped by the fact that the trans community offers support but is less likely to advise questioning if one is truly cis. (With no disrespect to those that do, it's just human nature to want to build bridges and make common connections.)

So I would simply advise to look at your life through God's eyes. Fleeting, in a world and society ever-shifting. Meditate and pray and listen to your soul. Ask the Holy Spirit to enter you. Ask for who you are divorced from the world, and don't be afraid to hear something familiar rather than revolutionarily different.

Edited by Steel Accord

Hi, everyone. Regrettably, I have made many posts in my distant past on MLP Forums that severely contradict with my faith in God and our Lord Jesus Christ, as well as who I am as a person. For those who may remember some of my old posts, please know that I completely and utterly rebuke so-called "New Age" spirituality. In my past, I allowed myself to become deceived and entertain legitimacy for a wide range of "New Age" spiritual ideas that are all satanic lies and deception. At some point I want to make a forum or blog post explaining these issues and my walk with God and understanding in more detail, but that will not be the main focus of this post. Rather, I just wish to open by proclaiming my eternal love for our Lord Jesus Christ. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior, and I believe that through Him is the one and only path to salvation. I believe that Jesus Christ is God, and that He came to us, sacrificed Himself for us and for our sins so that through Him we may be saved, and on the third day rose again and ascended unto Heaven, and lives eternally. I believe that God sent His Holy Spirit to live with and in us, guiding us and comforting us in all things. I believe that God has already triumphed over satan and that his destiny is set in stone. I believe we are living in an age of deception unrivaled by any age throughout all of human history, an age made possible by the widespread applications of subversive technology and socioeconomic/political/structural paradigms. I believe that the only way to be delivered from the gulf of deception that encompasses the world is through faith in Jesus Christ. Through Him, and only Him are we delivered.

In the future I may post more details about the many ways in which God touched my life, my heart and my soul to lead me out of the maze of deception I had previously ensnared myself in. But in this post, I just wanted to share a brief summary of my beliefs, and I also would like to share some verses from the Holy Christian Bible with everyone. I do not have a favorite verse because I believe the Holy Christian Bible is divinely inspired by God, and is therefore infallible, and every verse is immeasurably essential and precious in all respects. One of the many things I want to improve on is spending more time reading the Bible, and in particular to try to spend time reading it every day. Therefore, the following verses are just some verses I have read recently and have been particularly touched by.

All of the following verses are in the King James Version (KJV).

Psalm 116 (KJV)

116 I love the Lord, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications.

Because he hath inclined his ear unto me, therefore will I call upon him as long as I live.

The sorrows of death compassed me, and the pains of hell gat hold upon me: I found trouble and sorrow.

Then called I upon the name of the Lord; O Lord, I beseech thee, deliver my soul.

Gracious is the Lord, and righteous; yea, our God is merciful.

The Lord preserveth the simple: I was brought low, and he helped me.

Return unto thy rest, O my soul; for the Lord hath dealt bountifully with thee.

For thou hast delivered my soul from death, mine eyes from tears, and my feet from falling.

I will walk before the Lord in the land of the living.

10 I believed, therefore have I spoken: I was greatly afflicted:

11 I said in my haste, All men are liars.

12 What shall I render unto the Lord for all his benefits toward me?

13 I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the Lord.

14 I will pay my vows unto the Lord now in the presence of all his people.

15 Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints.

16 O Lord, truly I am thy servant; I am thy servant, and the son of thine handmaid: thou hast loosed my bonds.

17 I will offer to thee the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and will call upon the name of the Lord.

18 I will pay my vows unto the Lord now in the presence of all his people.

19 In the courts of the Lord's house, in the midst of thee, O Jerusalem. Praise ye the Lord.

Daniel 7 (KJV)

In the first year of Belshazzar king of Babylon Daniel had a dream and visions of his head upon his bed: then he wrote the dream, and told the sum of the matters.

Daniel spake and said, I saw in my vision by night, and, behold, the four winds of the heaven strove upon the great sea.

And four great beasts came up from the sea, diverse one from another.

The first was like a lion, and had eagle's wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man's heart was given to it.

And behold another beast, a second, like to a bear, and it raised up itself on one side, and it had three ribs in the mouth of it between the teeth of it: and they said thus unto it, Arise, devour much flesh.

After this I beheld, and lo another, like a leopard, which had upon the back of it four wings of a fowl; the beast had also four heads; and dominion was given to it.

After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns.

I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things.

I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.

10 A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.

11 I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.

12 As concerning the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away: yet their lives were prolonged for a season and time.

13 I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.

14 And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

15 I Daniel was grieved in my spirit in the midst of my body, and the visions of my head troubled me.

16 I came near unto one of them that stood by, and asked him the truth of all this. So he told me, and made me know the interpretation of the things.

17 These great beasts, which are four, are four kings, which shall arise out of the earth.

18 But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever.

19 Then I would know the truth of the fourth beast, which was diverse from all the others, exceeding dreadful, whose teeth were of iron, and his nails of brass; which devoured, brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with his feet;

20 And of the ten horns that were in his head, and of the other which came up, and before whom three fell; even of that horn that had eyes, and a mouth that spake very great things, whose look was more stout than his fellows.

21 I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;

22 Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.

23 Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.

24 And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.

25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

26 But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.

27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

28 Hitherto is the end of the matter. As for me Daniel, my cogitations much troubled me, and my countenance changed in me: but I kept the matter in my heart.

John 11 (KJV)

11 Now a certain man was sick, named Lazarus, of Bethany, the town of Mary and her sister Martha.

(It was that Mary which anointed the Lord with ointment, and wiped his feet with her hair, whose brother Lazarus was sick.)

Therefore his sisters sent unto him, saying, Lord, behold, he whom thou lovest is sick.

When Jesus heard that, he said, This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God might be glorified thereby.

Now Jesus loved Martha, and her sister, and Lazarus.

When he had heard therefore that he was sick, he abode two days still in the same place where he was.

Then after that saith he to his disciples, Let us go into Judaea again.

His disciples say unto him, Master, the Jews of late sought to stone thee; and goest thou thither again?

Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world.

10 But if a man walk in the night, he stumbleth, because there is no light in him.

11 These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep.

12 Then said his disciples, Lord, if he sleep, he shall do well.

13 Howbeit Jesus spake of his death: but they thought that he had spoken of taking of rest in sleep.

14 Then said Jesus unto them plainly, Lazarus is dead.

15 And I am glad for your sakes that I was not there, to the intent ye may believe; nevertheless let us go unto him.

16 Then said Thomas, which is called Didymus, unto his fellowdisciples, Let us also go, that we may die with him.

17 Then when Jesus came, he found that he had lain in the grave four days already.

18 Now Bethany was nigh unto Jerusalem, about fifteen furlongs off:

19 And many of the Jews came to Martha and Mary, to comfort them concerning their brother.

20 Then Martha, as soon as she heard that Jesus was coming, went and met him: but Mary sat still in the house.

21 Then said Martha unto Jesus, Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died.

22 But I know, that even now, whatsoever thou wilt ask of God, God will give it thee.

23 Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again.

24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

27 She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world.

28 And when she had so said, she went her way, and called Mary her sister secretly, saying, The Master is come, and calleth for thee.

29 As soon as she heard that, she arose quickly, and came unto him.

30 Now Jesus was not yet come into the town, but was in that place where Martha met him.

31 The Jews then which were with her in the house, and comforted her, when they saw Mary, that she rose up hastily and went out, followed her, saying, She goeth unto the grave to weep there.

32 Then when Mary was come where Jesus was, and saw him, she fell down at his feet, saying unto him, Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died.

33 When Jesus therefore saw her weeping, and the Jews also weeping which came with her, he groaned in the spirit, and was troubled.

34 And said, Where have ye laid him? They said unto him, Lord, come and see.

35 Jesus wept.

36 Then said the Jews, Behold how he loved him!

37 And some of them said, Could not this man, which opened the eyes of the blind, have caused that even this man should not have died?

38 Jesus therefore again groaning in himself cometh to the grave. It was a cave, and a stone lay upon it.

39 Jesus said, Take ye away the stone. Martha, the sister of him that was dead, saith unto him, Lord, by this time he stinketh: for he hath been dead four days.

40 Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

41 Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me.

42 And I knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that thou hast sent me.

43 And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth.

44 And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go.

45 Then many of the Jews which came to Mary, and had seen the things which Jesus did, believed on him.

46 But some of them went their ways to the Pharisees, and told them what things Jesus had done.

47 Then gathered the chief priests and the Pharisees a council, and said, What do we? for this man doeth many miracles.

48 If we let him thus alone, all men will believe on him: and the Romans shall come and take away both our place and nation.

49 And one of them, named Caiaphas, being the high priest that same year, said unto them, Ye know nothing at all,

50 Nor consider that it is expedient for us, that one man should die for the people, and that the whole nation perish not.

51 And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation;

52 And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.

53 Then from that day forth they took counsel together for to put him to death.

54 Jesus therefore walked no more openly among the Jews; but went thence unto a country near to the wilderness, into a city called Ephraim, and there continued with his disciples.

55 And the Jews' passover was nigh at hand: and many went out of the country up to Jerusalem before the passover, to purify themselves.

56 Then sought they for Jesus, and spake among themselves, as they stood in the temple, What think ye, that he will not come to the feast?

57 Now both the chief priests and the Pharisees had given a commandment, that, if any man knew where he were, he should shew it, that they might take him.

John 14 (KJV)

14 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.

Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.

26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

29 And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe.

30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.

31 But that the world may know that I love the Father; and as the Father gave me commandment, even so I do. Arise, let us go hence.

1 Corinthians 15 (KJV)

15 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:

After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.

After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.

And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time.

For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.

10 But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

11 Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed.

12 Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead?

13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen:

14 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain.

15 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not.

16 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised:

17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.

18 Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished.

19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.

20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.

22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

29 Else what shall they do which are baptized for the dead, if the dead rise not at all? why are they then baptized for the dead?

30 And why stand we in jeopardy every hour?

31 I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.

32 If after the manner of men I have fought with beasts at Ephesus, what advantageth it me, if the dead rise not? let us eat and drink; for to morrow we die.

33 Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.

34 Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.

35 But some man will say, How are the dead raised up? and with what body do they come?

36 Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:

37 And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain:

38 But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.

39 All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds.

40 There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.

41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.

42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:

43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:

44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

47 The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.

48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.

49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

2 Corinthians 4 (KJV)

Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not;

But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.

But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.

For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;

Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;

10 Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.

11 For we which live are always delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh.

12 So then death worketh in us, but life in you.

13 We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;

14 Knowing that he which raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up us also by Jesus, and shall present us with you.

15 For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God.

16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;

18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Ephesians 6:10-24 (KJV)

10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,

20 For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

21 But that ye also may know my affairs, and how I do, Tychicus, a beloved brother and faithful minister in the Lord, shall make known to you all things:

22 Whom I have sent unto you for the same purpose, that ye might know our affairs, and that he might comfort your hearts.

23 Peace be to the brethren, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

24 Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen.

1 Thessalonians 4 (KJV)

Furthermore then we beseech you, brethren, and exhort you by the Lord Jesus, that as ye have received of us how ye ought to walk and to please God, so ye would abound more and more.

For ye know what commandments we gave you by the Lord Jesus.

For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:

That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour;

Not in the lust of concupiscence, even as the Gentiles which know not God:

That no man go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter: because that the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also have forewarned you and testified.

For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness.

He therefore that despiseth, despiseth not man, but God, who hath also given unto us his holy Spirit.

But as touching brotherly love ye need not that I write unto you: for ye yourselves are taught of God to love one another.

10 And indeed ye do it toward all the brethren which are in all Macedonia: but we beseech you, brethren, that ye increase more and more;

11 And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you;

12 That ye may walk honestly toward them that are without, and that ye may have lack of nothing.

13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Hebrews 1 (KJV)

God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.

But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

11 They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;

12 And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.

13 But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?

14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

James 1 (KJV)

James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;

Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.

But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.

A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

Let the brother of low degree rejoice in that he is exalted:

10 But the rich, in that he is made low: because as the flower of the grass he shall pass away.

11 For the sun is no sooner risen with a burning heat, but it withereth the grass, and the flower thereof falleth, and the grace of the fashion of it perisheth: so also shall the rich man fade away in his ways.

12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

16 Do not err, my beloved brethren.

17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:

20 For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:

24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.

25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

26 If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.

27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

2 John (KJV)

The elder unto the elect lady and her children, whom I love in the truth; and not I only, but also all they that have known the truth;

For the truth's sake, which dwelleth in us, and shall be with us for ever.

Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.

I rejoiced greatly that I found of thy children walking in truth, as we have received a commandment from the Father.

And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another.

And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.

Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:

11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

12 Having many things to write unto you, I would not write with paper and ink: but I trust to come unto you, and speak face to face, that our joy may be full.

13 The children of thy elect sister greet thee. Amen.

Jude (KJV)

Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:

Mercy unto you, and peace, and love, be multiplied.

Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.

And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.

Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

10 But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.

11 Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.

12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;

13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

16 These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage.

17 But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;

18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.

19 These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.

20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,

21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

22 And of some have compassion, making a difference:

23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Revelation 1 (KJV)

The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.

Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.

10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

12 And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;

13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;

15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

19 Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;

20 The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

Revelation 2 (KJV)

Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks;

I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:

And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name's sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted.

Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.

Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitanes, which I also hate.

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;

I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

12 And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write; These things saith he which hath the sharp sword with two edges;

13 I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth.

14 But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication.

15 So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitanes, which thing I hate.

16 Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.

17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

18 And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass;

19 I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first.

20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.

22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.

23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

24 But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden.

25 But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.

26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

28 And I will give him the morning star.

29 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Revelation 3 (KJV)

And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.

Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.

Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.

He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;

I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.

Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

13 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.

16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

I would love to see any Bible verses anyone would like to share. Please feel free to share any Bible verses you would like. I would love to see people sharing verses and posting their thoughts on them.

• Brohoof 3

• 2 months later...

Hey everyone! Hope you all are having a wonderful Advent. For much of the world, it seems to have been a troublesome year, with much pain and worry. But God is always by our side.

"Arise, shine; For your light has come! And the glory of the Lord is risen upon you. For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, And deep darkness the people; But the Lord will arise over you, And His glory will be seen upon you."
- Isaiah 60:1‭-‬2

• Brohoof 3

On 28/09/2017 at 0:21 AM, Brightbart said:

For all of you who read an English translation of the Bible, which translation do you use? Due to my protestant upbringing I've always read the KVJ but I've been wanting to branch out and read another translation but I'm having a difficult time choosing which one. I've been leaning towards getting a Catholic Bible but I don't really know which Catholic translations are preferred over others. I also would like to retain some of the early modern English characteristics such as the the distinction with 'ye/you' and 'thee/thou' etc but am willing to go with a more modern rendition. 

If any y'all are able to help me out that would be much appreciated!

This is something that I wanted to answer long ago, but I didn't because English isn't my first language and I am not really much familiar with the English Bible translations.

That being said, the Catholic English translations that look the best for me are the Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition (RSVCE) and the Douay-Rheims American Edition (DRA), with the former being the best of these two in my opinion.

I think that a pitfall in Bible translations is trying to simplify the language, as this can end up inadvertently omitting certain nuances or even changing the original meaning of the text. The RSVCE looks detailed and formal enough for me. But that doesn't mean that other translations are bad, I am just talking about what I have some knowledge of.

13 hours ago, Prospekt said:

Hey everyone! Hope you all are having a wonderful Advent. For much of the world, it seems to have been a troublesome year, with much pain and worry. But God is always by our side.

"Arise, shine; For your light has come! And the glory of the Lord is risen upon you. For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, And deep darkness the people; But the Lord will arise over you, And His glory will be seen upon you."
- Isaiah 60:1‭-‬2

Amen! :)

• Brohoof 1

I know many Christians have different thoughts on such a topic, but I wanted to know what your thoughts on my post in the Islam Appreciation Thread. (Just a note, I only think some rules they have are interesting, not all):

I just want to know how my fellow Christians think.

On 19/12/2017 at 2:51 PM, Cloggedone said:

I know many Christians have different thoughts on such a topic, but I wanted to know what your thoughts on my post in the Islam Appreciation Thread. (Just a note, I only think some rules they have are interesting, not all):

I think that it was an well-balanced comment, given what you know about the subject. You didn't try to talk about stuff that you didn't know, you were honest about what you know and talked a bit about it. :)

• Brohoof 1

Howdy. Just wanted to wish this thread a Merry Christmas! 

Regarding myself, I'm a practicing Catholic and due to my daughter attending CCD we're making a point to go to mass on a regular basis. It's always surprising that it's so easy to say you're so busy for something that lasts 45 minutes to an hour: something so short and yet can be pretty profound. 

Rare calendar occurrence where one can go to 4th Sunday of Advent mass and Christmas Day vigil mass on the same day. 

Got any fun plans? We're hosting my wife's family for Italian American Feast of the Seven Fishes meal. 7 separate seafood dishes with some symbolism. Plus a lot of 🍷

• Brohoof 3

On 12/19/2017 at 9:51 AM, Cloggedone said:

I'd say that's a very Christian response. Not accusatory, but instead open-minded. As for myself, I have read a good chunk of the Quran on my own time. I'll admit that I didn't enjoy some parts at all (it paints an entirely different picture of God from the one in the Bible, especially the New Testament with the coming of Christ), but certain moral teachings that are clearly derived from the scriptures of the Old Testament and I admire that. I don't like the idea of rulers forcing religious law on the people. But I think the message behind the morals can be valuable.

As for @PiratePony's post:

I'll just be attending church and then hanging out at home on Christmas Day. Nothing too exciting, because unfortunately some relatives whom my folks and I would normally spend the day with are occupied with busy work schedules that day. Sucks to be working on Christmas, but that's life I guess.

Edited by Prospekt
  • Brohoof 3