Zach TheDane

Mega Thread Christian bronies: meet, greet, and mingle!

32 minutes ago, Sunwalker said:

I am sorry to hear. Even Jesus himself was prosecuted, and he warned that we (Christians) would also be prosecuted in his name. But God is always guiding us in some form or another, and everything in the end concurs for the good of those who love him.

Yea, I would say that it is persecution. I didn't think that I would ever be persecuted for following Jesus until I got to college. They don't want us to celebrate Easter, they won't give us holy week off, and the profs and students alike will insult and bash you and your faith. The school preaches about diversity while discriminating against us. Ironic. But the school seems to like OTHER religions, so why do they hate us?

Badges

On 2/1/2019 at 1:02 PM, Hachiroku said:

Yea, I would say that it is persecution. I didn't think that I would ever be persecuted for following Jesus until I got to college. They don't want us to celebrate Easter, they won't give us holy week off, and the profs and students alike will insult and bash you and your faith. The school preaches about diversity while discriminating against us. Ironic. But the school seems to like OTHER religions, so why do they hate us?

For the people that you mentioned, concepts like "diversity" and "equality" don't mean what they would normally mean. They are buzzwords to justify whatever agenda they want to justify.

The idea that people are equal actually comes from Christianity, and here it means that everyone is created in the image of God (not the other way around), their life is valuable, they have the same dignity, are as much sons of God as each other, and have the same fundamental rights. All of this regardless of condition or place of birth, gender, age, beliefs, or anything else we would use to segregate people.

This doesn't mean that everyone has a the same skills, ideas, tasks, or just behave on the same way. Each individual don't have everything they need to live, it's necessary to depend upon others and to assist others too, and be understanding of their limitations. God gives different talents and gifts to each person, so each one can contribute with their part. That's what "diversity" actually means.

Here I am not talking only about skill sets, God made men and women each one with their own attributes so they can complement each other, instead of being at odds against each other. Both are important, in their own way, to the project of God. I am emphasizing this matter specifically because one of the main tactics of the evil to attack the project of God is to blur the differences between men and women, or even pretend that they don't exist.

Implying that someone is guilty of something just because of something like their skin color, gender, or religion is the actual prejudice here, and it goes against God. It puts people against each other, it divides, which is what the Devil does the best. And this applies to everyone, if it's wrong to have prejudice of black people, it's the same for having prejudice of white people. One person just can't be blamed, or respond to, for the mistakes of others.

To respond to your question, evil people hate God because the light of God exposes them. You need to get rid of your sins in order to be in harmony with God, however they want to worship themselves in the place of God. It's pride, pure and simple.

Edited by Sunwalker
Typo fixing. Thanks Dreambiscuit!

Badges

14 hours ago, Sunwalker said:

For the people that you mentioned, concepts like "diversity" and "equality" don't mean what they would normally mean. They are buzzwords to justify whatever agenda they want to justify.

The idea that people are equal actually comes from Christianity, and here it means that everyone is created in the image of God (not the other way around), their life is valuable, they have the same dignity, are as much sons of God as each other, and have the same fundamental rights. All of this regardless of condition or place of birth, gender, age, beliefs, or anything else we would use to segregate people.

This doesn't mean that everyone has a the same skills, ideas, tasks, or just behave on the same way. Each individual don't have everything they need to live, it's necessary to depend upon others and to assist others too, and be understanding of their limitations. God gives different talents and gifts to each person, so each one can contribute with their part. That's what "diversity" actually means.

Here I am not talking only about skill sets, God made men and women each one with their own attributes so they can complement each other, instead of being at odds against each other. Both are important, in their own way, to the project of God. I am emphasizing this matter specifically because one of the main tactics of the evil to attack the project of God is to blur the differences between men and women, or even pretend that they don't exist.

Implying that someone is guilty of something just because of something like their skin color, gender, or religion is the actual prejudice here, and it goes against God. It puts people against each other, it divides, which is what the Devil does the best. And this applies to everyone, if it's wrong to have prejudice of black people, it's the same for having prejudice of white people. One person just can't be blamed, or respond to, for the mistakes of others.

To respond to your question, evil people hate God because the light of God exposes them. You need to get rid of your son's in order to be in harmony with God, however they want to worship themselves in the place of God. It's pride, pure and simple.

Thank you @Sunwalker This is perfectly put! I agree 100% with everything you said here (but is that a typo in the last line; "son's" rather than "sins"?)

Just a beautiful post to read. Thank you! 

Badges

On 2/1/2019 at 8:54 AM, Hachiroku said:

Are Catholics welcome here? Or is this one of those places where we're excluded?

I’ve been posting here for awhile and I’m Catholic. I’ve never been to a place where I’m excluded. :confused:

On 2/1/2019 at 10:02 AM, Hachiroku said:

Just saying I’ve been there. As I said I wasn’t “excluded” but there were people in college who mocked me for my faith. But the professors getting in on it? Shameful. Especially as you pointed out when they seem fine with other religions.

Edited by Steel Accord

When people mock you, consider it an honor to be walking in Jesus' footsteps, so to speak. Remember they hated Him first. 

Edited by Dreambiscuit

Badges

7 minutes ago, Dreambiscuit said:

When people mock you, consider it an honor to be walking in Jesus' footsteps, so to speak. Remember they hated Him first. 

18 minutes ago, Steel Accord said:

I’ve been posing here for awhile and I’m Catholic. I’ve never been to a place where I’m excluded. :confused:

Just saying I’ve been there. As I said I wasn’t “excluded” but there were people in college who mocked me for my faith. But the professors getting in on it? Shameful. Especially as you pointed out when they seem fine with other religions.

you gotta bless those who prosecute you, it says so in the book

Badges

There's nothing else I'd rather be.

Hey guys. How you all doing? Could use some support if you don’t mind a second.

See being a man of faith, I love to research and understand other religions. I’ve been subscribed to the Hinduism subreddit for awhile now and while my stay hasn’t been unfruitful in terms of learning, one thing I did learn was that those on that subreddit hate Christians. Not just Christianity, Christians.

It was somewhat disheartening to come in good faith wanting to learn only to be condemned and conflated with everything wrong. It also marks the first time I was directly compared to a demon.

So twofold. How does one get rid of this feeling in the pit of my gut? And do you know any sources of learning about Hinduism that aren’t viciously sectarian?

Edit: To be clear, I’m more upset by how I can’t shake this bad feeling. One that I can’t even describe. I’m not looking for why some things were said to me.

Edited by Steel Accord

15 minutes ago, Steel Accord said:

Hey guys. How you all doing? Could use some support if you don’t mind a second.

See being a man of faith, I love to research and understand other religions. I’ve been subscribed to the Hinduism subreddit for awhile now and while my stay hasn’t been unfruitful in terms of learning, one thing I did learn was that those on that subreddit hate Christians. Not just Christianity, Christians.

It was somewhat disheartening to come in good faith wanting to learn only to be condemned and conflated with everything wrong.

So twofold. How does one get rid of this feeling in the pit of my gut? And do you know any sources of learning about Hinduism that aren’t viciously sectarian?

I am really sorry to hear. I would suggest to divert your attention from the source of the problem, and try to concentrate on something that you like. It's out of your hands now, and it's better to leave it on the hands of God.

I am not familiar with Hinduism, so there isn't much that I can help with that. But in a general sense, I would say that learning about it IRL appears to be a better approach to me, since the religious experience is something that happens outside the Internet. What I mean here is to try reading some book or look for someone in person in order to learn. I don't know anything about the subject to be more specific, sorry.

At any rate, I am praying for you. Take care :)

Badges

16 minutes ago, Sunwalker said:

But in a general sense, I would say that learning about it IRL appears to be a better approach to me, since the religious experience is something that happens outside the Internet.

That’s actually a good point. Better to learn from someone looking me in the face.

Thanks for the prayers buddy. Means a lot.

1 minute ago, Steel Accord said:

That’s actually a good point. Better to learn from someone looking me in the face.

Thanks for the prayers buddy. Means a lot.

You are very welcome! ^_^

Badges

Did some experimenting on trying to discover myself and looking into other religions, but I'm thinking Christianity is where I should be. I don't want to be the super conservative type, but one open to more change (progressive, I guess). What's a good denomination for that?

19 hours ago, Kaneki said:

Did some experimenting on trying to discover myself and looking into other religions, but I'm thinking Christianity is where I should be. I don't want to be the super conservative type, but one open to more change (progressive, I guess). What's a good denomination for that?

I think that it's important to get to some place where you are received well, and that's loyal to God, then try to get involved and helping people with events and stuff there. Plus it's better to get guidance of those who are already experienced.

But more importantly, it's necessary to understand that Truth is more than just a concept, it's a living person who wants to have an active role in your life if so you allow, as God respects one's will. There are certain aspects of the faith that you only actually learn when you live through it, life experience is important.

Badges

On 3/1/2019 at 12:56 AM, Kaneki said:

All of them.

Keep in mind, you’re not subscribing to a magazine, you’re looking for the truth. A truth deeper and eternal than the trends of contemporary times.

Consider what Jesus said in the book of Mark. “Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s and to God the things that are to God.”

Edited by Steel Accord