Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Christian bronies: meet, greet, and mingle!

Zach TheDane

• 1 year later...
30 minutes ago, Verdant Shy said:

Hello there fellow christian ponies/) :)

Been a while since I last saw this thread on the front page. Greetings to you! :D

• Brohoof 2

Stuff's been pretty samey for me lately. Just got back from Harmonycon (which was awesome btw)
and still doing stuff with music.

As far as my faith in Jesus, I've been more connected then ever in the past seven years. Even when stuff hasn't been as significant,
I feel God is moving me in a direction that I'm sort of accepting to at this point and I've put my trust in faith to live it

Edited by Whirlwind
  • Brohoof 1

12 hours ago, Whirlwind said:

Stuff's been pretty samey for me lately. Just got back from Harmonycon (which was awesome btw)
and still doing stuff with music.

As far as my faith in Jesus, I've been more connected then ever in the past seven years. Even when stuff hasn't been as significant,
I feel God is moving me in a direction that I'm sort of accepting to at this point and I've put my trust in faith to live it

It's nice that you found your faith. God bless you.

Hope you will feel well once you recover from Post Con Depression.

• 2 months later...

Been a little while since I last poked my head in here. How has everyone been? Any interesting news or stories to share? ^_^

• Brohoof 2

3 hours ago, Dark Horse said:

Been a little while since I last poked my head in here. How has everyone been? Any interesting news or stories to share? ^_^

I am doing fine, but through the last two weeks my mom had been coughing and with fever. It's not COVID, but the doctors couldn't find out exactly what kind of infection was. But fortunately, she got better. She's no longer with that symptoms, but she's still a bit weak. In the next couple of days she should be back to normal!

On a different note, Easter was not too long ago, and I would like to share the pictures that I took of the Paschal Triduum: https://photos.app.goo.gl/oKJXnFy6GDiDBLTt6

A belated Happy Easter, by the way. 🕊️

• Brohoof 3

3 hours ago, Sunwalker said:

I am doing fine, but through the last two weeks my mom had been coughing and with fever. It's not COVID, but the doctors couldn't find out exactly what kind of infection was. But fortunately, she got better. She's no longer with that symptoms, but she's still a bit weak. In the next couple of days she should be back to normal!

On a different note, Easter was not too long ago, and I would like to share the pictures that I took of the Paschal Triduum: https://photos.app.goo.gl/oKJXnFy6GDiDBLTt6

A belated Happy Easter, by the way. 🕊️

Glad to hear your mother is on the mend. I wish for a speedy full recovery for her! :) Good to hear it wasn't covid and hopefully doesn't have many long after-effects for her.

Oh wow, those photos you took look great! I really like the lighting and aesthetic of that chapel; very calming. :BrightMacContent:

And a belated happy Easter to you, as well. :catface:

Spoiler

Saffronic Shadow.png

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

Hey Christian ponies :3 a cultural Christian pony here, who's felt... um... things... and who is interested in spiritual stuff. I know this is a chat, but haven't really got a place on this site to post it, and I've been reading CS Lewis' Mere Christianity and wanted to post a quote from it. Hopefully it's enlightening:

"Their free will is trembling inside them like the needle of a compass. But this is a needle that can choose. It can point to its true North; but it need not. Will the needle swing round and settle, and point to G-d."

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

was just reminded today how evoking Hebrews 13 is.

The more I read (re-read) through that passage makes me realize how much I've walked in faith and how I've sort of walked with the term "coming to to serve, not to be served"

Would definitely recommend reading as a healthy reminder to continue to love and honor others the same way Jesus did :pinkie:

Edited by Whirlwind
  • Brohoof 3

On 2023-07-07 at 8:56 PM, North Star said:

Hey Christian ponies :3 a cultural Christian pony here, who's felt... um... things... and who is interested in spiritual stuff. I know this is a chat, but haven't really got a place on this site to post it, and I've been reading CS Lewis' Mere Christianity and wanted to post a quote from it. Hopefully it's enlightening:

"Their free will is trembling inside them like the needle of a compass. But this is a needle that can choose. It can point to its true North; but it need not. Will the needle swing round and settle, and point to G-d."

I read Mere Christianity for the first time last year, and I think it's now one of my favorite Christian works. I've long been a fan of C.S. Lewis and knew full well of his beliefs playing a big role in his other books, but this in particular was an excellent collection of insightful thoughts and arguments. It even had me pursue some further research into ethics and theology. Most of all, though, I liked the way Lewis kept the writing straightforward and at times even a little humorous. Made it feel a bit more grounded compared to most other religious texts.

Another quote I recall taking from it:

“When you have reached your own room, be kind to those who have chosen different doors, and to those who are still in the hall.”

7 hours ago, Whirlwind said:

was just reminded today how evoking Hebrews 13 is.

The more I read (re-read) through that passage makes me realize how much I've walked in faith and how I've sort of walked with the term "coming to to serve, not to be served"

Would definitely recommend reading as a healthy reminder to continue to love and honor others the same way Jesus did :pinkie:

Hebrews 13:2: "Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it." :)

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
10 hours ago, Dark Horse said:

I read Mere Christianity for the first time last year, and I think it's now one of my favorite Christian works. I've long been a fan of C.S. Lewis and knew full well of his beliefs playing a big role in his other books, but this in particular was an excellent collection of insightful thoughts and arguments. It even had me pursue some further research into ethics and theology. Most of all, though, I liked the way Lewis kept the writing straightforward and at times even a little humorous. Made it feel a bit more grounded compared to most other religious texts.

Another quote I recall taking from it:

“When you have reached your own room, be kind to those who have chosen different doors, and to those who are still in the hall.”

Hebrews 13:2: "Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it." :)

I'm so happy for and proud of you buddy. God bless. :)

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 1

I’m curious about something: is there any mention of horses in the Bible :mlp_huh:? I known the King James Version of the Bible translated the creature “re’em” as unicorn

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

I’m curious about something: is there any mention of horses in the Bible :mlp_huh:? I known the King James Version of the Bible translated the creature “re’em” as unicorn

Well there are the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse and their steeds. But let’s see if there’s more:

*opens Bible app, searches “horse”*

“Do you give the horse its strength or clothe its neck with a flowing mane?”
‭‭Job‬ ‭39‬:‭19‬ ‭NIV‬‬

“At Your rebuke, O God of Jacob, Both the chariot and horse were cast into a dead sleep.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭76‬:‭6‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

“The horse is prepared for the day of battle, But deliverance is of the Lord.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭21‬:‭31‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

“Then let this robe and horse be delivered to the hand of one of the king’s most noble princes, that he may array the man whom the king delights to honor. Then parade him on horseback through the city square, and proclaim before him: ‘Thus shall it be done to the man whom the king delights to honor!’ ”
‭‭Esther‬ ‭6‬:‭9‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

That’s probably enough for now. Why do you ask?

• Brohoof 1

On 2023-07-08 at 3:56 AM, North Star said:

........:okiedokieloki: abrony mouse?