Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Christian bronies: meet, greet, and mingle!

Zach TheDane

Christian brony and proud of it!  ^_^ .           I have no problems with people of different beliefs ( its a free country fandom )

I was raised christian and still pray to God.   

• Brohoof 3

Grr, no gusta. I hate it when you forget to upload the picture to the thread and then you want to upload it on the next post but there aren't enough words for the post so you have to ramble on like Pinkie Pie *inhale* anyway here's the picture. *facehoof*

post-11325-0-91790000-1357301554_thumb.jpg

So, what's the difference between religious and atheistic brony? You know, apart from the eternal fire, brimstone and such.  :lol:

I really have to ask, what do you guys think about your fellow believers condemning MLP as a thing of Satan?

... Also, why is believer written with capital B?

• Brohoof 1

Christian brony here, and not the self-proclaimed, ironically-labeled "Christians" that make up the bulk of what we seen in modern American society adhering to ideologies that run completely opposite to the teachings of Christ.

Edited by DusK
  • Brohoof 4

I really have to ask, what do you guys think about your fellow believers condemning MLP as a thing of Satan?

I wasn't aware such a thing was happening. I know as Catholics, we support and follow truth. Whether it's the truths of science,  philosophy, theology, or the Good News of our risen Lord, we seek and spread truth. That's why I love this fandom! Our message is so full of beautiful truth that needs to be shared with the world. I do not know of any Catholics that view bronies in that way. Correct me if I'm wrong, and if Christians are acting that way, it's out of ignorance. We're not a bunch of gay men trying to rebel against the world. Bronies understand that we're people, we're humans. Regardless of believe, gender, or race, we are all human beings deserving of love and acceptance. No sane Christian would argue that a message like that would condemn souls to Hell. 

• Brohoof 5

Interestingly enough, war was never really "invented."  Violent conflict has existed through all ages, through all cultures, and among pretty much all animals.

Ants wage war against other colonies.  Chimps wage war against other troupes.  People are only different in that we are good at using our big brains to make stronger weapons, and our big words to rationalize the use of those weapons.

We are also different in motive, animals usually kill for food or mates but we kill for some very a long list of very stupid reasons including religion and people are often fearmongered and manipulated into war because war is profitable to the military industrial complex and is a great way to build a police state.

I wasn't aware such a thing was happening. I know as Catholics, we support and follow truth. Whether it's the truths of science,  philosophy, theology, or the Good News of our risen Lord, we seek and spread truth. That's why I love this fandom! Our message is so full of beautiful truth that needs to be shared with the world. I do not know of any Catholics that view bronies in that way. Correct me if I'm wrong, and if Christians are acting that way, it's out of ignorance. We're not a bunch of gay men trying to rebel against the world. Bronies understand that we're people, we're humans. Regardless of believe, gender, or race, we are all human beings deserving of love and acceptance. No sane Christian would argue that a message like that would condemn souls to Hell. 

Well, it was because of the magic. If I had to guess, I'd say it was similar reasoning as was used to call Harry Potter an evil witch. If it can be called reasoning, that is. Then there was another about propagating homosexuality, which was based on one of the reviews written by one of the more respectable show critics. I wish I remember the names. Rather unpleasant looking middle-aged woman. I'd say both groups were in the US, so most likely not catholic, but I'm honestly not sure, it was quite some time back. Either way, I doubt the actually watched it.

Either way, I have to ask you, now that both you and I mentioned it, stance towards homosexuals? I just find this topic particularly interesting, because I kind of see some of the christian ideals conflicting with what is the community (in general) standing for, or represented as.

Roman Catholic.  Before I came here I always falsely imagined most bronies on this site to be anti-religious rambunctious athiests going around spreading their moral subjectivism around like cancer and disregarding the beliefs of others, but as I can see now there are others out there who have faith.   :D

This might be the only thread on the site where someone compares differing viewpoints to cancer.  Maybe not; I don't read them all.  Ironically, the whole "love and tolerate" thing is practically identical to normative moral subjectivism.

Edited by NLR Information Minister

I'm one. Even though I love ponies a lot, I always put Jesus Christ above everything. 

The only I must say is, some Christians don't even act like Christians online. 

Even i'm a muslim...

Jesus is a prophet in Islam.

All the Muslims love Jesus.

Muslims Believe that Jesus is still alive "at the heaven"

but they crucified someone was so similar to Jesus.

Edited by DoomPony
  • Brohoof 1

Organic Christian here (yea, one of those funny guys/gals who do not have priests and church buildings, but love Jesus nontheless), very fresh, will be two years of being saved and born again in may, but really grateful to be saved. Have experienced miracle after miracle since I'm back with the Father.

• Brohoof 4

But all in all, people get concerned about homosexuality because it's hot and sticky and gross and makes for great news, rather than facing significantly larger problems that go overlooked. Parental abuse and irresponsibility and divorce, for example.

I am glad you are at least not scapegoating gays for having some secret plot to destroy families throw puppies out of windows and put x-lax in granny's apple pie like the religious right seems to like to do. I am definitely with you parental abuse, irresponsibility and the high divorce rates are huge problems. It seems like a lot of people get this attitude that the whole world revolves around them that life is only about the pursuit of material goods or "looking out for number one" when people should focus on trying as best as they can to try to set a good example and leave this earth better than they found it.

• Brohoof 1

Howdy yall. I have been a Christian all of my life and am now recently a brony. So I am glad that I have joined the herd.
      So thanks for all of you guys for welcoming me into the herd.

• Brohoof 4

Yep! Born again, Protestant Christian here! :) Glad to see so many Christians here! (Well, not really "many", but it seems like a lot to me, what with the general hostility towards Christianity on the internet.)

I assume you're talking about Christianity in general here, not a particular sect?

Though I do have things against certain Christian denominations, I won't state them or who they are against here, as not to start a fight.  :unsure:

Edited by MatrixChicken
  • Brohoof 3

Well, it was because of the magic. If I had to guess, I'd say it was similar reasoning as was used to call Harry Potter an evil witch. If it can be called reasoning, that is. Then there was another about propagating homosexuality, which was based on one of the reviews written by one of the more respectable show critics. I wish I remember the names. Rather unpleasant looking middle-aged woman. I'd say both groups were in the US, so most likely not catholic, but I'm honestly not sure, it was quite some time back. Either way, I doubt the actually watched it.

In regards to magic, I'd like to point out J.R.R. Tolken, a devote Catholic, wrote Lord of the Rings, is filled with magic and wizards. Never heard a priest tell me that Lord of the Rings was evil because it contained magic, most actually love the book. The practice OF magic/witchcraft is evil, but not stories containing it. And when I say magic, I mean like voodoo or like "Boil boil toil and trouble" human sacrifice "magic". People that say ANYTHING related to the magic is evil is like saying playing a video game with guns puts you at risk of getting your eye shot out. Gonna leave it at that.

As per bronies and homosexuality, we're redefining masculinity. To me, mlp is fantasy like LOTR or Narnia which doesn't automatically mean "gay" to me for liking fantasy. It's kinda something all genders tend to get into. The issue was that mlp was marketed for young girls and has thus been stereotyped as girlish in nature. The shear amount of purple and pink doesn't help, though I'd point out that Advent and Lent use nothing but those two colors. I don't associate gender to color as much as a result.

Either way, I have to ask you, now that both you and I mentioned it, stance towards homosexuals? I just find this topic particularly interesting, because I kind of see some of the christian ideals conflicting with what is the community (in general) standing for, or represented as.

I'd rather this either be, 1. be a separate topic on a new forum or 2. discussed in private messages because I don't want this thread to be over dominated with these types of discussions and it remain true to its actual purpose of introducing/welcoming Christian bronies. I want this to remain a welcoming environment.

Actually, apologies to anypony offended by these somewhat off topic posts. Let's keep things on topic from now on.

• Brohoof 3

... <cropped to reduce size>

Actually, apologies to anypony offended by these somewhat off topic posts. Let's keep things on topic from now on.

Well, Tolkien got "damned" just as well. And Narnia, I honestly don't care much about, but I believe I've seen complains about that too, something about Aslan being offensive allegory on Jesus and while I know who Aslan is, I'm not sure what connection is there to Jesus as I haven't read the books. In fact, fantasy in general is no very liked in some circles. I mean, D&D affair is practically the same thing, many rulebooks went up in flames on that fatefull day, heh.

And mind you, that wasn't position I'm defending, I just wondered what brony Christians think about Christians who believe bronies worship the devil. Because it's quite the hilarious idea.

Either way, separate topic is a bad idea, in fact any topic related to religion could be, but since you already made one, I imagined I might just as well ask. Anyway, mind sending me a PM? I was looking for a friendly christian for quite some time and you just reminded me about it. I don't bite, I'd just like to ask a few things regarding the faith, not necessarily regarding homosexuality, that was just something that came to mind, since trolls go on about bronies being gay. Also, if someone gets offended by anything said here, they probably deserve it, because there wasn't anything offensive said.

• Brohoof 1

Former Christian brony! :P *raises hand*  I was Catholic. While I've gone in a different direction since then, I have nothing against Christians. Your beliefs give you strength and motivation to go out and help your fellow man, and I think that's great. I offer all of you something you can appreciate: love and acceptance. Stay cool.

• Brohoof 6

So your question is "Any Christian Bronies Out There?"

I just woke up and read it, so I decided to see whats happening in this thread.

Is there a flame war or something? Hopefully no, I havent all replies it.

I'm Catholic.....does that count as a Christian tho? Still same, right?

• Brohoof 1

I'm a Christian. I was raised a Baptist but recently my family has been going to non-denominational churches 'cause all the Baptist churches we've been checking out in the state I live in have been... well, let's just say we didn't really agree with the things they taught. So yeah. Christian bronies RULE, YO!

• Brohoof 2