Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Christian bronies: meet, greet, and mingle!

Zach TheDane

I'm a christian pegasister. I only say if people ask, but eeyup I'm proud of it. Glad this topic was brought up. My dad is christian but my mom and step dad aren't really. But I am (:

• Brohoof 1

Hey all, I was just at a conference over the new year and had an awesome time worshiping our Lord. I saw an awesome video and I wanted to share it with all of you.

Fantastic!  That is a great video about the Gospel!  Extra cupcakes to you, my friend!  It really does sum up the incredible thing Jesus did for us!

post-11325-0-81408400-1357428718.png

• Brohoof 2

You don't have to go to church all the time to be Christian. I dislike Christians who try to act stuck-up because they go to church all the time. While i do go to church(not in a few months) I believe that god wants us to focus on living life and loving each other.

I wish this was the way it was, but many do not follow the message of Love and Tolerate.

I really don't go to church my self. I how ever been baptized, in the name of the lord, I do my best to confess my sins, and try my best not do something really  sin-full-like but hey Im not even perfect.

I don't really even go out and share/talk about my faith to others ether. I try best to keep out of religious debates as well. but it have to be a cold day in hell for you to get me to deny the truth of god. 

The most I can say I done on a large scale for entire country and for its  people was go on a missionary trip to Ecuador for a 11 days (and I don't even know how to speak Spanish)

Edited by MadDoggyca
  • Brohoof 2

The most I can say I done on a large scale for entire country and for its  people was go on a missionary trip to Ecuador for a 11 days (and I don't even know how to speak Spanish)

I have to ask...what exactly did you guys do down there?  A lot of people assume that missionary work consists primarily of converting people, but that doesn't seem likely in a country that is already 99% Christian.

I'm a believer! I don't actually go to church, but I am christian, always nice to see others who have the same faith, but really, the diversity of users here one the forums is wonderful.

• Brohoof 4

I have to ask...what exactly did you guys do down there?  A lot of people assume that missionary work consists primarily of converting people, but that doesn't seem likely in a country that is already 99% Christian.

Ecuador in its more poorest areas like Machala (how ever you spell it) need a lot outside support. A large group of us brought in build martial and supplies  and with in 5 days had 3 brand new churches up with in 3 differently committees, We also did outreach and hosted some Seminars (not me mind you I don't do public speaking) 

we raised a church in one of the most dangerous  places in all of Ecuador.

I still can remember it like it was almost yesterday. I would totally go back to.. being in a place that has like 0% of tech, Electricity, and things were so use to having, puts life back into perspective. Also the people seem to be more content and happy then the people in  country's that are more richer.

how many of you could go with out net & cell phone for 11 days?

Im happy to say " I was there "

here's a little taste of some of the parts of Ecuador that we went to and helped *all in all I have over 60,000 photos in 11 days*

https://maps.google.ca/maps?q=pureau&hl=en&ll=-3.106235,-79.418793&spn=1.069578,1.783905&t=m&z=10were we were and out side community

post-10858-0-78491500-1357439963_thumb.jpg

post-10858-0-80361600-1357440005_thumb.jpg

post-10858-0-28254400-1357440033_thumb.jpg

post-10858-0-14559700-1357440059_thumb.jpg

post-10858-0-38766600-1357440081_thumb.jpg

post-10858-0-27142600-1357440106_thumb.jpg

post-10858-0-47509600-1357440188_thumb.jpg

Edited by MadDoggyca
  • Brohoof 3

I'm just curious, what would everyone ask if Jesus were to come to second time? I mean, I dont' know what people are expecting when he shows up if he does but there seems to be some weird speculation of what it supposed to look like when he shows up. These are just questions out of curiousity. They aren't meant to bash in any way.

I'm just curious, what would everyone ask if Jesus were to come to second time? I mean, I dont' know what people are expecting when he shows up if he does but there seems to be some weird speculation of what it supposed to look like when he shows up. These are just questions out of curiousity. They aren't meant to bash in any way.

Well we have to go through the grate period of the seven seals, and the 7 heavily trumpets?  Might sound something like the strange nose  the world heard around the world in Jan 2012

this was not fake and ever were around the world could hear it.

of course Im assuming we would even be able to hear the Trumpets of heaven in the first place

the last seal will be opened and he "jesus" will descend for the skies with heavenly angels,   The most brightest of bright light  anyone will ever see, no-believers will try shield there eyes, cover there ears, and try and find cover. The ever lasting word will be read out for all the nations and ears to here. (if I remember correctly this is part of the first resurrection)

Edited by MadDoggyca
  • Brohoof 1

I live in a Christian household, but I consider myself agnostic. I'm not saying that I don't believe in God, but sometimes I'm just not sure. But I have no problem with religious people. 

Please don't bash me for this post.

• Brohoof 1

Alot of the missions I hear about in our Church is related to helping the people there, I don't know that much about Ecuador though. We have some that reinforce faith i guess, and they go to the churches there, but alot of it seems to be sending supplies and sometimes even building or helping building stuff.

There is some that are aimed at converting mostly, but not all of them.

Well we have to go through the grate period of the seven seals, and the 7 heavily trumpets?  Might sound something like the strange nose  the world heard around the world in Jan 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZQwyV7wHzM

this was not fake and ever were around the world could hear it.

the last seal will be opened and he "jesus" will descend for the skies with heavenly angels,   The most brightest of bright light  anyone will ever see, no-believers will try shield there eyes, cover there ears, and try and find cover. The ever lasting word will be read out for all the nations and ears to here. (if I remember correctly this is part of the first resurrection)

That part I have a hard time believing although i've seen the video's of those sounds and i do buy that one. But I mean, didn't something say he'd be given a new name? Not to mention if that was the case we'd have no idea what it would be and why.

That part I have a hard time believing although i've seen the video's of those sounds and i do buy that one. But I mean, didn't something say he'd be given a new name? Not to mention if that was the case we'd have no idea what it would be and why.

no  look it up in revelations I see if I can find  the  Chapters,  never ever just read a single verse in the bible and say " see that what i means" you have to read the entire sounding content as well.

1. The coming of Christ will be instantaneous and worldwide. "For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be." —Matthew 24:27
  2. The coming of Christ will be visible to all. "Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory." —Matthew 24:30
  3. The coming of Christ will be audible. "And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other." —Matthew 24:31
  4. The resurrection of the righteous will occur. "For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first." —1 Thessalonians 4:16
  5. In one single event, the saved who are alive at Christ's coming will be caught up together with the resurrected to meet the Lord in the air. "Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord." —1 Thessalonians 4:17

they all basically say the same thing across multi books within the bible*and yes I know your not just spot to pick a versa but read the entire surrounding content as well. which I would be glad if you picked up the bible took the versa numbers I gave you and read the entire chapter your self*

bear with me well I dig up more. Im current doing some reading right now just remember ever thing in the book of revelation is symbolical terminology. Most thing in the bible is symbolic as well. Defiantly truth we dealing with Prophets & vision dealing will heaven

In real basic terms,

1) ever one will see him at once from the sky

2) ever one will hear him and his angels

3) will be bright.. really bright,

4) the believers that are alive will go up with him into heaven

5) non believers  will try and shield there eyes and cover there ears, and hide

1000 years later. (in visions and prophets that's 1 day = 1 year. so roughly 3 1/2 earth will the second resurrection will happen, the war of Armageddon and the book of life period  (Armageddon is the name of the war or the place on earth were it took place.. Not the event of the earth coming to a abrupt end) 

lulz I just felt like I just preached to a bunch of ponies .lol

Edited by MadDoggyca

no  look it up in revelations I see if I can find  the  Chapters,  never ever just read a single verse in the bible and say " see that what i means" you have to read the entire sounding content as well.

1. The coming of Christ will be instantaneous and worldwide. "For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be." —Matthew 24:27
  2. The coming of Christ will be visible to all. "Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory." —Matthew 24:30
  3. The coming of Christ will be audible. "And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other." —Matthew 24:31
  4. The resurrection of the righteous will occur. "For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first." —1 Thessalonians 4:16
  5. In one single event, the saved who are alive at Christ's coming will be caught up together with the resurrected to meet the Lord in the air. "Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord." —1 Thessalonians 4:17

they all basically say the same thing across multi books within the bible*and yes I know your not just spot to pick a versa but read the entire surrounding content as well. which I would be glad if you picked up the bible took the versa numbers I gave you and read the entire chapter your self*

bear with me well I dig up more. Im current doing some reading right now just remember ever thing in the book of revelation is symbolical terminology. Most thing in the bible is symbolic as well. Defiantly truth we dealing with Prophets & vision dealing will heaven

Oh I already got one. I only used it to cross reference information from all scources. I've already done my homework.

That still begs the question what everyone thinks he's going to do or say or what people would ask of him. We live in a different world today from when he was alive.

Oh I already got one. I only used it to cross reference information from all scources. I've already done my homework.

That still begs the question what everyone thinks he's going to do or say or what people would ask of him. We live in a different world today from when he was alive.

we wont ask him any thing. he or the angels will be speaking the words  of the ever lasting gospel. Which will strike death into non believers, the period within the time, 3 1/2 earth years or 1000 years in heaven will the believers of the time that were taken up to heaven will be asking questions  and getting answers

I would highly watch the the amazing facts for way better detail and info then what I could give

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=the+amazing+facts+second+coming&oq=the+amazing+facts+second+coming&gs_l=youtube.3...4013.6507.0.6806.14.14.0.0.0.0.61.644.14.14.0...0.0...1ac.1.A5MecyIUxNY

Edited by MadDoggyca

Well, it was because of the magic. If I had to guess, I'd say it was similar reasoning as was used to call Harry Potter an evil witch. If it can be called reasoning, that is. Then there was another about propagating homosexuality, which was based on one of the reviews written by one of the more respectable show critics. I wish I remember the names. Rather unpleasant looking middle-aged woman. I'd say both groups were in the US, so most likely not catholic, but I'm honestly not sure, it was quite some time back. Either way, I doubt the actually watched it.

Either way, I have to ask you, now that both you and I mentioned it, stance towards homosexuals? I just find this topic particularly interesting, because I kind of see some of the christian ideals conflicting with what is the community (in general) standing for, or represented as.

In all due respect..  I don't understand the connection you make between the fan base and gay rights activists.  These things are seperate and not interlinked.  My reason for being a Brony isn't to go against or support gays.  In fact, it isn't in any way influenced by it.

However, you asked for my opinions so for your sake here is my stance on homosexuality.

As a Catholic, I recognize that everyone has flaws.  (Nobody's soul is pure)  I also believe that your sexuality is a small and insignificant chunk of who you are.  Because I am not spiritually perfect, I have no right to cast judgement upon any homosexual, as I am not free of sin.  Keep in mind that Jesus ate with beggars, thieves and prostitutes from all walks of life.  Just because you believe that something someone does is objectively morally wrong (all christians deny moral nihilism/subjectivity) doesn't mean that they are a bad person.

As an American, I believe I have no right interfering with the affairs of others, so BY LAW, if two people of the same gender we're to want to marry, (in legal terms)  I would be perfectly fine with that.  (As long as it does not in any way influence the policy of the church)

• Brohoof 2

In all due respect..  I don't understand the connection you make between the fan base and gay rights activists.  These things are seperate and not interlinked.  My reason for being a Brony isn't to go against or support gays.  In fact, it isn't in any way influenced by it.

However, you asked for my opinions so for your sake here is my stance on homosexuality.

As a Catholic, I recognize that everyone has flaws.  (Nobody's soul is pure)  I also believe that your sexuality is a small and insignificant chunk of who you are.  Because I am not spiritually perfect, I have no right to cast judgement upon any homosexual, as I am not free of sin.  Keep in mind that Jesus ate with beggars, thieves and prostitutes from all walks of life.  Just because you believe that something someone does is objectively morally wrong (all christians deny moral nihilism/subjectivity) doesn't mean that they are a bad person.

As an American, I believe I have no right interfering with the affairs of others, so BY LAW, if two people of the same gender we're to want to marry, (in legal terms)  I would be perfectly fine with that.  (As long as it does not in any way influence the policy of the church)

I don't think any sexual orientation really connects to the fandom, it's just that when I hear word gay in thread about religion I tend to ask the question I asked. And I really got my answer, it's a flaw, sin, impurity... It makes me a bit sad, really. Tho it is much better than the hate some extremists show. But such is the world. But what you said, I really wonder why we can't simply divide legal and spiritual union or marriage, it would really save everyone so much trouble.

Everyone should be able to marry to get the legal benefits, and the church marriage should be then defined and regulated by the rules of the church / denomination / religion. Of course church marriage would also count as legal marriage at the same time, but legal marriage wouldn't equal church one. Too bad not many countries actually use that system.

I'm Christian. Baptist Protestant if you want to be exact. I'm a pretty strong believer, but my Athiest friends call me a 'thinking Christian' because I'm pretty open-minded and am willing to listen to what they have to say. I dunno. 

But yeah, I'm Christian. I wear a cross necklace every day too.

Edited by BronyDerp117
  • Brohoof 1

I'm Christian. Baptist Protestant if you want to be exact. I'm a pretty strong believer, but my Athiest friends call me a 'thinking Christian' because I'm pretty open-minded and am willing to listen to what they have to say. I dunno. 

But yeah, I'm Christian. I wear a cross necklace every day too.

At least your friends call you a "thinking Christian."  All of my atheist friends make fun of me for going to mass and denounce my beliefs stating that "science is the answer to all" while none of them are even actually majoring in anything that has to do with science...

• Brohoof 1

I've wondered for some time now how best to speak of being a Christian Brony in relation to the show. To be more specific, I've sometimes seen Bronies say, "MLP fosters the kind of love and understanding Christianity should but does not." Although I consider this particular notion to be too generalized and an over simplification, I am under the impression that discussing MLP through a distinctly Christin lens is considered taboo, a violation of the all-too-common "no politics and/or religion when we disagree" rule which unfortunately dominates modern discourse. The injection of Christianity tends to make people feel uncomfortable, as if they are instantly being proselytized.

But when I think of MLP and theme of friendship, there are times when I recall the Fourth Gosepl's Last Supper discourse when Jesus shares his commandment for the disciples to love one another as he has loved them, and that the ultimate act of love is to lay down your life for your friends (15:12-3). This of course delves into the profoundly intimate love God has shown for humanity through Christ. I suspect, however, that if those lines were not expanded into very broad terms (i.e., we're all a reflection of God's love in a very abstract and non-incarnational manner), it would fall on deaf ears, perhaps even causing revulsion. This is quite unfortunate as MLP, though not in any way a stand in for the Gospel, can provide brief glimpses into the beginnings of a right relationship with God. Such can be the case when the Word of God speaks to us in unexpected ways.

I am not suggesting a heavy handed, Christian dominated interpretation of MLP. That is wrongheaded and prone to eisegesis. In light of there being Christian Bronies I nevertheless consider existent sufficient grounds to speak of our Brony experiences in relation to our faith without confusing the two (i.e., our affinity for MLP and our devotion to Christ) with one another.

Just food for thought. I may very well be off the mark.

• Brohoof 6