Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Christian bronies: meet, greet, and mingle!

Zach TheDane

(edited)

As much as I am atheist I am not against any Christian brony for their religion, and I came here with only the concern of this kind of threads

---blah blah blah--

Well if atheist threads are tolerated on MLP then so should this thread. Should MLP outlaw atheist threads? No.

Same goes for Arab threads, and every other group that is part of the fandom.

--Out of many, we are one.

If this still concerns you, I suggest you learn to tolerate others. If atheist call out threads will not go away, then neither will we.

Accepting people's right to be different is part of growing up. I'm not in the atheist threads being expressing my concern.

Man up and embrace diversity. Diversity doesn't mean that you have to like us or even agree with us. Diversity means just letting others be. So we don't meet with your approval. La te da. This is just ONE thread out of thousands. Deal with it.

Edited by Silverhoof
  • Brohoof 1

As for magic, I think someone has already stated this. God commands us not to practice magic, as in, by the power of Satan, raising people from the dead and creating chaos in the world that isn't suppossed to be there. That is sin. Now, stage magic and sleight of ahn is, one, as much as I hate to break the entertainment and first law of magicans, magic as in stage and entertainers, is fake, and not using the power of Satan.

Thanks for the explanation.  Do you believe that there is such a thing as real-world magic that does not involve Satan?  A lot of people seems to believe that the issue is very black and white: that all magic is either fictional or evil, and that "good" magic can only exist in fiction.

Is it possible for there to be good magic that comes from a good person with good intentions, and does not involve cooperation with evil spirits?  If not...why?  I'm just trying to understand the often-implied (but rarely explained) black and whiteness of the matter.

Thanks for the explanation.  Do you believe that there is such a thing as real-world magic that does not involve Satan?  A lot of people seems to believe that the issue is very black and white: that all magic is either fictional or evil, and that "good" magic can only exist in fiction.

Is it possible for there to be good magic that comes from a good person with good intentions, and does not involve cooperation with evil spirits?  If not...why?  I'm just trying to understand the often-implied (but rarely explained) black and whiteness of the matter.

I don't believe that there is any actual magic in the world  today.

Its a nice concept, but it doesn't exist. If it did it would be demonstrable, and would be taught in universities.

As Christians, we're supposed to show God's love to everybody, not whack them over the head with what they're wrong about. <3

*sigh* Try telling my relatives that -_-

They claim to be Christians and believe all of the Christian stuff--but they never show the kind of love they're supposed to show. Instead, if I told them about certain things, they'd immediately condemn me >_<

[sorry, needed to get that off my chest]

I don't believe that there is any actual magic in the world  today.

Its a nice concept, but it doesn't exist. If it did it would be demonstrable, and would be taught in universities.

Likewise.  However, a lot of Christians do believe that it exists (or at least that it used to exist).  I'm just trying to get to the bottom of some of the particular beliefs that tie into that.

There is a kind of good magic that exist in the real world. The magic of friendship!

Sappiness aside, does anyone think we should make this into a club instead of a discussion thread?

Well if atheist threads are tolerated.

Show me one exclusively atheist one.

even one.

Also reel in your zealotry, I am not attacking your faith, no need to go all crusader here. You sure all that anger is just not your own cognitive bias making you upset?

• Brohoof 1

Well, thanks for just shooting down something you don't understand. I understand you don't want rifts in the fanddom, it's just nice to see people we can connect with and resolve issues with.

In the days of the old testament, God's people had a much closer relationship with him, and there were demons and possessed people and so on. The rule about magic I think (I'll have to look it up) is for them, since it was much more apparent an dreal in their time. Us, not so much.

Hope that clears stuff up!

And, @Pencils, as I said in the beginnin gof this post, they main reason this thread exists is to clear up issues and to understand that we, as Christains, are certaintly not alone. We respect everyone on this forum, and it'd just a discussion. Please, stop butting into our discussions when you are not a Christain. It's rude and annoying, because I don't think you've read the Bible, and therefore do not know about this magic issue. I don't understand why you're even in this thread anymore, so please stop.

even one.

Also reel in your zealotry, I am not attacking your faith, no need to go all crusader here. You sure all that anger is just not your own cognitive bias making you upset?

It's fine if you're worried about us dividing the fandom in some way. But really, this isn't an 'exclusive Christian thread'. If anything, we're very similar to the "Is Anyone Else A Closet Athiest?" thread. Its simply a shoutout, wondering if there are other people like us. When it turns out there are, naturally, we all want to discuss the reasons why we're Christian, how we became such, and our favorite verses, songs, etc. In no way do we try to exclude other people - everybody's welcome here! The purpose of the thread is not to divide, but to unite.

Now, please. Do you have an actual question for us? Perhaps about our faith, our beliefs, or the Bible? If not, do you have anything constructive to add to the thread, instead of just randomly blasting us with how much we're supposedly dividing the fandom? I'd be happy to answer any question you may have, or even recommend some good verses if you're stumped about our faith, but otherwise I don't think I can help you any further.

• Brohoof 3

Okay, so does anyone objext to the idea of starting a Bible Study? It would benefit us all, as a motivation to read theBible, and it would definetly br nice to have a discussion.

Also, we can throw prayer requests in that thread, too, but please, don't put names. We all love each other, but keep privacy in mind, as we don't actually know each other.

"Magic" is defined as achieving a miracle or supernatural act with out the assistance of God but another supernatural force. Naturally that would be satan or one of his demons as no other forces exist. The point though is that supernatural acts can happen with the assistance of God. Look at Moses and his staff, I'd call that "magic". Basically when something is considered "magic" it's something that cannot happen naturally. No science can ever explain it. Most myths and stories that have "magic" in them are actually common place abilities and not supernatural. That actually would mean the word "magic" is being used differently than how I'm using it here. It wouldn't be considered supernatural anymore. We still call it magic however because it is supernatural to us and our world. Jedi are not evil for using the Force, but if a real life person believed in such a thing and gained abilities similar to a Jedi by doing so, that would be bad. See the difference? Imagining worlds with unicorns, dragons, wizards, and magic are not bad, it's just fun make-believe. Who hasn't gone into God mode when playing with friends at least once? The key is getting rid of the "make" in make-believe. That's what makes magic evil because what you perceive to be powers from Ra, the Force, your wand, or even your self would all be from satan as no other supernatural force exists to give you or make you seem as though you had those supernatural powers. Now can "good magic" exist? Sure, it just tends to be called miracles instead of magic. The credit also tends not to go to the man or women responsible, but to the God who made it possible. It is still a supernatural act and can still be called "magic" though. Seriously, Moses is a wizard. He has a robe, a magical staff, and a beard. He just needs a hat and he'd be Gandalf. But "his" power came not from himself, but God. He didn't command the power, God did. That is your key difference. I hope that helps. 

Okay, so does anyone object to the idea of starting a Bible Study?

I do. this is a fan site. There are lots of Christian sites where you can study galore without interruption. Find one you like and invite people there. Thanks.

even one.

I don't have to because your argument is flawed. This thread is NOT exclusive. Just look at this page, there are questions about magic. Other people have posted they are no Christian on this thread.

Every objection you raise ended up being bogus.

You said we were elevating ourselves above other members...and we are not.

You said we were saying other members were lesser than us...and we have not said any such things.

Now you say we are exclusive, but just looking at this very page proves you are wrong.

three strikes and yer out.

Dude, the only one here with a problem with this thread is you. and nothing you've claimed is true.

Love and tolerance. diversity. I don't know why that is so hard for some people to understand.

Look. If you don't like a channel on TV you change it. This is one thread out of thousands. live and let live.

I do. this is a fan site. There are lots of Christian sites where you can study galore without interruption. Find one you like and invite people there. Thanks.

I don't have to because your argument is flawed. This thread is NOT exclusive. Just look at this page, there are questions about magic. Other people have posted they are no Christian on this thread.

Every objection you raise ended up being bogus.

You said we were elevating ourselves above other members...and we are not.

You said we were saying other members were lesser than us...and we have not said any such things.

Now you say we are exclusive, but just looking at this very page proves you are wrong.

three strikes and yer out.

Dude, the only one here with a problem with this thread is you. and nothing you've claimed is true.

Love and tolerance. diversity. I don't know why that is so hard for some people to understand.

Look. If you don't like a channel on TV you change it. This is one thread out of thousands. live and let live.

It could just be your 'internet voice', but you sound very short and annoyed. Maybe we could try reasoning with the people who don't like us, instead of just going "You're wrong! I know you're wrong! You're the wrongest wronger that ever wronged a wrong!"

((I just had to go google 'wrong' to make sure I spelled it correctly. X.X))

• Brohoof 2

Arguments on a religion thread no way that never happens.

Hopefully y'all can hash it out before this thread gets locked.

Also

Good to see you're alive, man!

Well, hey, if bronies can watch movies and read books together on this site and discuss those, why can't we do a Bible study. It could also help us with again, clearing up some of the magic issues here that are apparent, although I hope those have already been cleared up.

Either I bypassed this thread when it was first created or I ignored it and forgot about it.

I am a Catholic Christian, in case any of you didn't know. I kind of wear it on my sleeve. :P

If any of you are interested in why, my signature has a link to my near-empty blog. I say near-empty, because there are two entries. One of them explains why I am Catholic. It is long, but it is a good read, if I do say so myself~

• Brohoof 1

It's fine if you're worried about us dividing the fandom in some way. But really, this isn't an 'exclusive Christian thread'. If anything, we're very similar to the "Is Anyone Else A Closet Athiest?" thread. Its simply a shoutout, wondering if there are other people like us. When it turns out there are, naturally, we all want to discuss the reasons why we're Christian, how we became such, and our favorite verses, songs, etc. In no way do we try to exclude other people - everybody's welcome here! The purpose of the thread is not to divide, but to unite.

Now, please. Do you have an actual question for us? Perhaps about our faith, our beliefs, or the Bible? If not, do you have anything constructive to add to the thread, instead of just randomly blasting us with how much we're supposedly dividing the fandom? I'd be happy to answer any question you may have, or even recommend some good verses if you're stumped about our faith, but otherwise I don't think I can help you any further.

I have no questions about Christianity since I have co-existed with it 30 years, I know plenty to be worried when I need to be and be welcoming all the other times. But this threah had people complaining about atheists and scientific theories, That is not a welcoming atmosphere ^^; It is same old song, and that song is sung in thousand other forums, why can't we just try to be friends here?  That is all I ask.

So, I had an idea. Do you think that episodes with lesser magic such as Griffon the Brush Off and Sleepless in Ponyville can be used to teach Christian Values? Cause I saw on MLP's facebook page that someone did that.

I'm a big Christian. Really glad that there are Christian bronies on this forum, and we can openly discuss religion and not get bashed unlike other threads.

Hope I get to know you fellow Christians more, and have a God blessed day/night!

/)

So, I had an idea. Do you think that episodes with lesser magic such as Griffon the Brush Off and Sleepless in Ponyville can be used to teach Christian Values? Cause I saw on MLP's facebook page that someone did that.

I don't see why not. Heck, I just finished reading a book called the Gospel According to Pixar, and I feel ready to be baptizedand actually talk to my parents.

For example, Sleepless in Ponyville is a lot like the second part of the Monsters Inc. chapter, and how God's love triumphs over human fear. This is such as fear of the dark (the unknown) or monsters (death), the love of Christ and his assurance triumphs over this and gives us the strength to face our fears.

(edited)

I have no questions about Christianity since I have co-existed with it 30 years, I know plenty to be worried when I need to be and be welcoming all the other times. But this threah had people complaining about atheists and scientific theories, That is not a welcoming atmosphere ^^; It is same old song, and that song is sung in thousand other forums, why can't we just try to be friends here?  That is all I ask.

I don't like how some people have been doing that in here, either. It is no different from atheists coming together and being like, "Finally! Some like-minded people! I am sick and tired of these Christians and their creationism and their anti-gay-marriage beliefs and their beef against bronies!" I get my panties in a bunch when I read shit like that, too. tongue.png

I think, though, that because individual religious people feel like they are the only person on the Internet who isn't an atheist, they feel like it's OK to let out their frustrations on a public forum when they finally see other Christians around them, where atheists can read them and of course be offended by them.

I remember when I first joined this forum, and there was a thread titled, "What is everypony's religion?" and 60% of the people who voted were atheists. That is discouraging for us Christians who feel like the Internet is a very hostile place for Christians. And in many ways it is. And many Christians don't know how to handle that kind of hostility. I know I didn't when I first started posting on Internet forums. I sounded like a closed-minded idiot the first times I ever talked about Christianity with non-Christians.

I guess my point is that no one intends on being exclusive, but we can get very defensive as Christians sometimes. When people are hostile towards us, we take it out on the wrong people, because the right people are only going to become more hostile if we start arguing with them. We live in an ugly world where people act on their most primal human reactions before they think about what they are doing and processing their frustration in a healthier, more constructive way.

Edited by RockinRarity
  • Brohoof 1

I'm a Christian. I was raised by Christian parents, went to Christian schools... etc

I'm not.... well, super Christian (I don't really know how to describe it XD), I'm not very religious in every thing I do, but I am Christian. :)

Part of the growing up and becoming an adult is ability to distinguish between fiction and fact, and sadly it often seems that religion stunts this part of human development by painting ridiculous scenarios of invisible beings and magical forces like angels and demons and then demanding people to consider them as real threats and things. It is not healthy, it is a symptom of paranoid schizophrenia.

I can agree that segregating the fandom into religions isn't a good idea, but that isn't really what's going on here. It's like if someone made a thread about how much they love Transformers, and they and the other Transformers-loving-bronies start discussing it and ponifying it. Just because I'm not a fan of Transformers doesn't mean I'll start posting in the thread and making fun of them. I'm trying to see some more reason in this paragraph I've quoted, but it honestly just looks like you're calling all religious bronies "humans that are developmentally stunted" and "paranoid schizophrenics". I can't blame the religious types for getting offended at that, and it's ridiculous to assume that just because they don't want you calling them idiots means they want to censor out your opinion. This thread seems to be for pleasantly discussing their Christian beliefs. Posting in a Christian thread as an atheist is already a bit risky, because you likely won't have much to add to the conversation other than debating beliefs, but at this point you seem to just be name-calling.

Terribly sorry if I'm just missing something here. From the looks of things on the more recent pages you're claiming all you want is for everyone to be friends, but if that's the case you went about it terribly. Even IF they were insulting your ideals as an athiest, going right back and insulting their's won't solve anything. Anyway, sorry to intrude. I'm also atheist so I probably don't have much else to say here laugh.png

I remember when I first joined this forum, and there was a thread titled, "What is everypony's religion?" and 60% of the people who voted were atheists. That is discouraging for us Christians who feel like the Internet is a very hostile place for Christians. And in many ways it is. And many Christians don't know how to handle that kind of hostility. I know I didn't when I first started posting on Internet forums. I sounded like a closed-minded idiot the first times I ever talked about Christianity with non-Christians.

The poll actually had about 32% atheists, not 60%; there are about as many Christians as there are atheists.  To be fair, though, the total of irreligious was ~55%.

I'm not sure why, but yes, the internet is a strangely irreligious place.  I'm particularly confused by how these religion threads start.  Sure, a forum may want to have a generic religious discussion thread, but all these identity threads (this one, I've seen a few atheist Brony threads).

I guess my point is that no one intends on being exclusive, but we can get very defensive as Christians sometimes. 

Understandable, but still a bit ironic.  The internet seems to be the only domain in Western, Judeo-Christian society where the world's largest religion gets defensive.

(edited)

I can agree that segregating the fandom into religions isn't a good idea, but that isn't really what's going on here. It's like if someone made a thread about how much they love Transformers, and they and the other Transformers-loving-bronies start discussing it and ponifying it. Just because I'm not a fan of Transformers doesn't mean I'll start posting in the thread and making fun of them. I'm trying to see some more reason in this paragraph I've quoted, but it honestly just looks like you're calling all religious bronies "humans that are developmentally stunted" and "paranoid schizophrenics". I can't blame the religious types for getting offended at that, and it's ridiculous to assume that just because they don't want you calling them idiots means they want to censor out your opinion. This thread seems to be for pleasantly discussing their Christian beliefs. Posting in a Christian thread as an atheist is already a bit risky, because you likely won't have much to add to the conversation other than debating beliefs, but at this point you seem to just be name-calling.

Terribly sorry if I'm just missing something here. From the looks of things on the more recent pages you're claiming all you want is for everyone to be friends, but if that's the case you went about it terribly. Even IF they were insulting your ideals as an athiest, going right back and insulting their's won't solve anything. Anyway, sorry to intrude. I'm also atheist so I probably don't have much else to say here img-1354046-1-laugh.png

You misunderstood my point or I made in unclear fashion. I merely meant to say that being concerned with pony magic in real life is crazy, like, legit crazy because you mistake fiction for a fact. And that's just not healthy.

Edited by Pencils