Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Most Attractive Pony Tournament 2013!

Akemi Homura

So in the event of Lyra winning, who would she face next? Alfonzo and others have mentioned Twilight, which doesn't match the wildcard rules. (6) vs (1). :huh: ^

Just asking, as the current matchup is far from over.

Shoot, I may have made some typos along the way. Yes, Lyra will face Applejack in the next round if she advances, not Twilight. That leaves the winner of the Trixie/Vinyl matchup to go and play Twi in the divisional round. If Rainbow ends up edging out Lyra here, then she will go on to face Twi instead. My mistake - I got confused by looking at my own bracket.  :blink:

He's using the NFL Playoff style for this I do believe, where as the lowest seed that advances faces off against the highest seed. It would be against Applejack if she won, but if Rainbow Dash wins then she faces off against Twilight. Unless that changed within these 13 pages, that's how it will advance.

No change :lol: I simply made a mistake when posting on here with the playoff rules... if you look closely at the bracket you can see that apparently if either Lyra or Rainbow wins, they'll go and play Twilight regardless of the seeding and that's deceptive. I got caught up in that (my own bracket...) but thanks for pointing it out nonetheless.

• Brohoof 1

Rarity, Rarity, Rarity, Rarity!

Lyra, Trixie, Rarity, Octavia.

DONE.

I'm glad Lyra's winning; she has one of the best colour schemes in the entire show <3~

Trixie is just Trixie. I loved her eye colouring, her mane colouring, her cutie mark, and her voice. Some people found it squeaky but I thought it was adorable.

Rarity for obvious reasons. If she doesn't win, I will gouge all your eyeballs out with hot, rusty spoons.

Octavia. She's got that official air about her, adorable mane, plus musicians are attractive. Especially cellists o__o

Edited by Captain Hammer
  • Brohoof 2

At least I can understand Pinkie Pie falling behind to Octavia of all ponies. I mean, she is one of the most beautiful in all of Equestria. It still doesn't change my view that Pinkie Pie is a top 2 pony in my books.

But Rainbow Dash.... Running into Mt. Lyra hurts more and more every time I check this page. Just consider Lyra lucky that this isn't an awesomeness vote, cause then this competition wouldn't even be fair to begin with. Sexy wins over cute in my books any day of the week. Even then, Twilight Sparkle will hold no bars against Lyra and make her wish Dashie had ended it swiftly and go up against that storm instead. Mwuahahahahaha.

All in all, with the way things are shaping up. This means I can devote 100% of my effort towards promoting Applejack when the time comes. I've got pictures that will 'hnnnnnggggghhhhhh' you so badly and wow your horseshoes off so fast, you won't know what bucked you. Then I won't have to pick between her and Pinkie Pie either. That's a relief. Woo. Dodged a bullet there. Maybe things are happening this way for a reason. A lot of stress off my shoulders.

• Brohoof 2

The Wild Card Round will end today at 6 PM EST. That's around 3 PM for you people living in the west coast. Octavia is now leading Pinkie Pie by 20+ votes and looks primed to move onto the next round barring a major collapse. Meanwhile Lyra is about to pull off the upset on Rainbow Dash. Can she storm back in time?

• Brohoof 1

Please explain to me how Lyra is more attractive than Rainbow Dash. LYRA IS A FRIGGIN' BACKGROUND PONY. She doesn't even do anything!!!

Go back one two pages. TailsAlone summed up perfectly the reasoning behind Lyra's enormous fanbase. Even though I prefer Dash as well, that post was great.

Anyway, this next round will be fun. I also have some d'aww-able pictures to add.

Edited by Flipturn
  • Brohoof 3

Congratulations to Lyra. I still can't imagine thinking of her as being remotely close to as attractive as Rainbow, but apparently a lot of you don't agree and I'm going to have to accept that. I wish her luck in the next round.

Peace
rainbow_dash_and_lyra_hugging_by_tassado

Hm, everyone I wanted to win is out of the tournament by now so I'm not sure what I'm going to do. Maybe I'll feel like voting later.

Anyhow, good luck everyone, happy voting and may the most attractive pony still in the tournament win.
  • Brohoof 5

Congrats to Lyra. :)  Even though RD didn't give up without a fight, a very big effort from Rainbow Dash. I accept this anyway, and good luck to everpony in the tournament may the best pony win!

Anyway without further a do , Apple Cider for everypony.

Apple Cider is on me Everypony!

220.gif

• Brohoof 2

Yey Lyra! I'm really glad she's got this far, she really is a beautiful pony. I love Dashie too of course and I could barely decide between them myself. For me, I think Lyra being a background character adds a bit of mystery too. I hope we have a Lyra episode sometime, that would be great. :)

• Brohoof 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps9Y9eG8muM

IT HAPPENED. Walk, Lyra, walk, because you've earned another victory strut. Staying alive, indeed!

Rainbow fans, no hard feelings. You voted your butts off and it was an honor to compete with you on this level.

rainbow_dash_and_lyra_hugging_by_tassado

Sports-news style recaps of all four matches coming soon! ^_^

Lyra Stuns Dash in Thriller

Lyra-1.jpg

Lyra entered Cloudsdale as the weakest contender in the league and left with an unforgettable 4-vote win.

Fans of Rainbow Dash flocked to the sky from all over the forums—tailgating, drinking cider, swapping pictures of their favorite Pegasus and preparing to celebrate an easy victory before the Divisional round.

None of them got to celebrate as a 6th-seeded background pony named Lyra Heartstrings pulled off the biggest upset of the competition. After jumping out to a quick lead on opening day, the best young flier in Equestria was poised for victory. But the eccentric mint-green unicorn, who squeaked into the playoffs via tiebreaker, suddenly surged forward and stayed one gallop ahead for most of the game.

RainbowDash.jpg

Rainbow Dash loses the game, but not her looks—or her spirit.

Rainbow silenced any doubters who thought she couldn’t play from behind by fighting back and regaining the lead on Wednesday, but Lyra found a way through her defense once again and held on for a stunning win. Her victory sends reverberations across the EFC as she faces Applejack next week in a match nopony was predicting, sending Twilight Sparkle into a duel with Vinyl Scratch.

“Oh my gosh,” Lyra gasped while resting on the bench. “I knew humans were out there! I knew it! And they…they voted for me…thank you so much. I’m going to research you even more now!!”

Dash appeared shocked and said little in her post-game interview. When asked where she planned to go from here, the Pegasus replied, “I’m Rainbow Dash. All I’m gonna do is get better.”

LYRA, 76-72

Click the tag to see the others!

Trixie Faces the Music

An EFC West marefight that raged all through the first round was finally settled this week. Celebrity DJ Vinyl Scratch and “the Great and Powerful” Trixie fought each other all the way to the playoffs, and in the end, Vinyl was the more appreciated pony.

“Trixie has nothing to say to you!” the blue mare said as she stormed off. “Obviously the most beautiful mare in Equestria, whose beauty was matched only by her bravery in driving off not one but two Ursa Majors, is not appreciated here!!” A puff of smoke burst around her, but rather than vanishing, she galloped out of Club Pon3 as it was dissipating.

Trixie-1.jpg

Trixie blows town once again, facing an uncertain future.

Trixie’s personality, always a small factor in attractiveness, may have lent Vinyl an edge—and if so, that edge grew sharper as the game wore on. After four or five days, a tight contest went in Vinyl’s favor. The attractive DJ slowly but surely built a decisive lead to advance to the Divisional Round.

VinylScratch.jpg

‘DJPon3’ finally vanquishes her rival—but can she drop a beat hard enough to stop Celestia’s number-one student?

“Party at Sugarcube tonight!” Vinyl whooped. “You guys might wanna bring your earplugs.” But Scratch won’t have long to celebrate, as she faces a tough contest with Twilight Sparkle next.

VINYL, 82-66

A ‘Fabulous’ Victory

Rarity.jpg

Rarity made ‘doing it the hard way’ look easy.

It was almost refreshing to have one wildcard game that wasn't a hoof-biter.

After grinding her way to an unlikely playoff berth, Cloud Chaser found herself hopelessly overmatched against one of the most beautiful ponies in the PFC. The excellent defense that helped Rarity ward off a challenge from Octavia in the first round was hardly needed here, as she galloped out to a huge lead and never slowed down. In a grinding wildcard week that saw upsets of two other Mane 6, the Element of Generosity never broke a sweat.

“I was disappointed that a mare of my fabulosity was relegated to the, *ahem*, ‘wild’ card,” Rarity remarked in her dressing room afterwards, “But a lady does what she must. Photographers? I am ready for my close-up! Now, now. Not that close.”

CloudChaser.jpg

Cloud Chaser’s wobbly 6th-round playoff berth ended with a crash.

“It is what it is,” Chaser said while being consoled by her sister Flitter. “I didn’t bring my A-game today. Rarity did. I just have to go back to weather patrol and be ready for the next opportunity. And something tells me it’s gonna rain over at Carousel Boutique tomorrow.”

RARITY, 109-39

Octavia’s Winning Performance

It was a good week to be a unicorn, but an even better week to be a background pony. For much of this game, the party pony and the classy cellist fought the tightest battle of the wildcard. Pinkie Pie and Octavia tied each other and exchanged one or two-vote leads too many times to count. But in the final days, it was Octavia who surged ahead in the 2013 Most Attractive Pony Tournament.

Octavia-1.jpg

The only cello player in Ponyville performs a celebratory solo after her hotly contested win.

“I am honored that I came out victorious today,” the musician said graciously. “Pinkie Pie is a vivacious mare and a worthy opponent, who greatly disrupted my performance at the Gala a few years ago. I suppose a small part of me did not forget that.”

“Lose? I didn’t really lose, silly,” Pinkie giggled with a smile that was just a little too wide. “I won 62 friends! YAY! Can you imagine if all of them came over for a party? And all of them brought cupcakes? That would be 62 cupcakes! Or if all of them baked a TRAY of cupcakes?!?! That would be like eleven-teen gazillion cupcakes!!! Ohmygosh I can’t wait anymore…PARTYYYY!”

Pinkie.jpg

Down but never out, Pinkie Pie smiles for the camera.

The pink mare promptly grabbed our reporting team and spirited us away to Sugarcube Corner, for what was assuredly one of the biggest parties in Ponyville history.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo3Gl32gihM

Octavia, 86-62

• Brohoof 6

Voted :D. AJ is a beautiful lil' country mare, and I want her to win :wub:. Thing is, isn't AJ supposed to go against Vinyl :huh:? The brackets show AJ and Vinyl going against each other.....

Edited by spas-ticShotty
  • Brohoof 2

Oh man was that close. It was a good fight Rainbow fans; better luck next year :P .

It was only the first round but man was it intense. I was a little worried that RD would snatch the win in the final minutes. Lyra Definitely earned that victory strut and I definitely like seeing them. 

I gotta say, I am really enjoying the way this tournament is formatted. Most of the matches have been pretty exciting so far.

• Brohoof 2

IT HAPPENED. Walk, Lyra, walk, because you've earned another victory strut. Staying alive, indeed!

Rainbow fans, no hard feelings. You voted your butts off and it was an honor to compete with you on this level.

img-1091218-1-rainbow_dash_and_lyra_hugg

Sports-news style recaps of all four matches coming soon! ^_^

Lyra Stuns Dash in Thriller

Lyra-1.jpg

Lyra entered Cloudsdale as the weakest contender in the league and left with an unforgettable 4-vote win.

Fans of Rainbow Dash flocked to the sky from all over the forums—tailgating, drinking cider, swapping pictures of their favorite Pegasus and preparing to celebrate an easy victory before the Divisional round.

None of them got to celebrate as a 6th-seeded background pony named Lyra Heartstrings pulled off the biggest upset of the competition. After jumping out to a quick lead on opening day, the best young flier in Equestria was poised for victory. But the eccentric mint-green unicorn, who squeaked into the playoffs via tiebreaker, suddenly surged forward and stayed one gallop ahead for most of the game.

RainbowDash.jpg

Rainbow Dash loses the game, but not her looks—or her spirit.

Rainbow silenced any doubters who thought she couldn’t play from behind by fighting back and regaining the lead on Wednesday, but Lyra found a way through her defense once again and held on for a stunning win. Her victory sends reverberations across the EFC as she faces Applejack next week in a match nopony was predicting, sending Twilight Sparkle into a duel with Vinyl Scratch.

“Oh my gosh,” Lyra gasped while resting on the bench. “I knew humans were out there! I knew it! And they…they voted for me…thank you so much. I’m going to research you even more now!!”

Dash appeared shocked and said little in her post-game interview. When asked where she planned to go from here, the Pegasus replied, “I’m Rainbow Dash. All I’m gonna do is get better.”

LYRA, 76-72

Click the tag to see the others!

Trixie Faces the Music

An EFC West marefight that raged all through the first round was finally settled this week. Celebrity DJ Vinyl Scratch and “the Great and Powerful” Trixie fought each other all the way to the playoffs, and in the end, Vinyl was the more appreciated pony.

“Trixie has nothing to say to you!” the blue mare said as she stormed off. “Obviously the most beautiful mare in Equestria, whose beauty was matched only by her bravery in driving off not one but two Ursa Majors, is not appreciated here!!” A puff of smoke burst around her, but rather than vanishing, she galloped out of Club Pon3 as it was dissipating.

Trixie-1.jpg

Trixie blows town once again, facing an uncertain future.

Trixie’s personality, always a small factor in attractiveness, may have lent Vinyl an edge—and if so, that edge grew sharper as the game wore on. After four or five days, a tight contest went in Vinyl’s favor. The attractive DJ slowly but surely built a decisive lead to advance to the Divisional Round.

VinylScratch.jpg

‘DJPon3’ finally vanquishes her rival—but can she drop a beat hard enough to stop Celestia’s number-one student?

“Party at Sugarcube tonight!” Vinyl whooped. “You guys might wanna bring your earplugs.” But Scratch won’t have long to celebrate, as she faces a tough contest with Twilight Sparkle next.

VINYL, 82-66

A ‘Fabulous’ Victory

Rarity.jpg

Rarity made ‘doing it the hard way’ look easy.

It was almost refreshing to have one wildcard game that wasn't a hoof-biter.

After grinding her way to an unlikely playoff berth, Cloud Chaser found herself hopelessly overmatched against one of the most beautiful ponies in the PFC. The excellent defense that helped Rarity ward off a challenge from Octavia in the first round was hardly needed here, as she galloped out to a huge lead and never slowed down. In a grinding wildcard week that saw upsets of two other Mane 6, the Element of Generosity never broke a sweat.

“I was disappointed that a mare of my fabulosity was relegated to the, *ahem*, ‘wild’ card,” Rarity remarked in her dressing room afterwards, “But a lady does what she must. Photographers? I am ready for my close-up! Now, now. Not that close.”

CloudChaser.jpg

Cloud Chaser’s wobbly 6th-round playoff berth ended with a crash.

“It is what it is,” Chaser said while being consoled by her sister Flitter. “I didn’t bring my A-game today. Rarity did. I just have to go back to weather patrol and be ready for the next opportunity. And something tells me it’s gonna rain over at Carousel Boutique tomorrow.”

RARITY, 109-39

Octavia’s Winning Performance

It was a good week to be a unicorn, but an even better week to be a background pony. For much of this game, the party pony and the classy cellist fought the tightest battle of the wildcard. Pinkie Pie and Octavia tied each other and exchanged one or two-vote leads too many times to count. But in the final days, it was Octavia who surged ahead in the 2013 Most Attractive Pony Tournament.

Octavia-1.jpg

The only cello player in Ponyville performs a celebratory solo after her hotly contested win.

“I am honored that I came out victorious today,” the musician said graciously. “Pinkie Pie is a vivacious mare and a worthy opponent, who greatly disrupted my performance at the Gala a few years ago. I suppose a small part of me did not forget that.”

“Lose? I didn’t really lose, silly,” Pinkie giggled with a smile that was just a little too wide. “I won 62 friends! YAY! Can you imagine if all of them came over for a party? And all of them brought cupcakes? That would be 62 cupcakes! Or if all of them baked a TRAY of cupcakes?!?! That would be like eleven-teen gazillion cupcakes!!! Ohmygosh I can’t wait anymore…PARTYYYY!”

Pinkie.jpg

Down but never out, Pinkie Pie smiles for the camera.

The pink mare promptly grabbed our reporting team and spirited us away to Sugarcube Corner, for what was assuredly one of the biggest parties in Ponyville history.

Octavia, 86-62

Bravo. That was quite the terrific read :lol: Your girl Lyra I'm sure will give AJ stiff competition. Maybe if we're lucky, Twilight and Lyra will go at it in the championship game.

Voted :D. AJ is a beautiful lil' country mare, and I want her to win :wub:. Thing is, isn't AJ supposed to go against Vinyl :huh:? The brackets show AJ and Vinyl going against each other.....

Ugh, you're right... I got confused looking at my own bracket, again. Time to adjust a bit so that it fits with the voting options. Thanks for pointing it out  :blink:

• Brohoof 2

Thing is, isn't AJ supposed to go against Vinyl :huh:?

The brackets were made that way, but the system works differently. The lowest seed meets the highest seed, so Lyra goes against Applejack, and Twilight gets Vinyl Scratch.

Since Lyra took down Rainbow Dash, she has a chance to take down anyone.

• Brohoof 3

Here we go, Divisional Round! Now, the gloves come off for this one.

Applejack vs. Lyra

Twilight vs. Vinyl

Spitfire vs. Octavia

Fluttershy vs. Rarity

Now, its going to be tough competition.

• Brohoof 1

A new round, awesome. I'll take the time to add pictures for each of my votes, too.

Applejack definitely wins the first round. She is really beautiful. Look at those eyes.

Applejack-applejack-my-little-pony-frien

Twilight Sparkle wins my next vote. To be honest, I was never a giant fan of either her or Vinyl. I still think Twilight can look really sweet at times.

2686520-20artist3Ajohn_joseco20book20gla

I was also never a fan of neither Spitfire nor Octavia. But I think Spitfire in general is more attractive. This one picture especially wowed me. Look at her, she's just chillin' after a day of keeping up a cool image in front of her fans.

Y6yDN.png

And my last vote is actually pretty difficult. Rarity is definitely a really beautiful pony, but so is Fluttershy. Well, you know how I like my ponies cute. Fluttershy just about takes this one.

tumblr_mbvm47uuJD1rim7aro1_1280.jpg

Edited by Flipturn
  • Brohoof 3

Easy round.

I've always had a certain fondness for Applejack. Sure, she's not the best looking pony in the world, but she's definitely got something about her that I like, moreso than Lyra anyway.

Twilight looks waaaaay better than Vinyl, I don't like how Vinyl looks at all honestly.

Octavia vs Spitfire is kind of a toughie, but Octavia is 2nd most attractive pony in my mind, Spitfire's like 3rd for me. :P

Rarity, Rarity, Rarity. Most attractive pony of them all. Fluttershy is great too and I adore her, but Rarity is just better, sorry.

• Brohoof 3

This one was tough to choose, but in the end I didn't change any votes that won the previous round. The Wildcard victors seem to be having a much tougher time now though, all of the secured ponies are currently in the lead. Of course, we've seen before not to trust the initial turnout at face value, and most of these are as close as the final scores last round in terms of flat numbers.

• Brohoof 1

Oh god.... I am so sorry, Tails. I really am.

• Applejack
  • Twilight Sparkle <3
  • Spitfire
  • Rarity

Applejack's just got that southern everything that is so damn sexy attractive to me.

Twilight Sparkle is my goddess <3333333

Spitfire's old voice was actually to die for.

And Rarity's got that sass, class, and ass that I can't get enough of. Plus, she's simply beautiful and her voice is so perfect.

• Brohoof 2

Originally went for Lyra, Vinyl, Octavia, Fluttershy...then I turned on Vinyl once I remembered how adorkable Twilight is.

Applejack for me is just...meh, and Fluttershy's diabeetus inducing aura just takes my vote from Rarity, hands down.

Spitfire and Octavia were the only match-up I had to consider for a couple of minutes, but I wound up voting for Tavi...because I really like her mane! (runs and hides).

• Brohoof 2