Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Most Attractive Pony Tournament 2013!

Akemi Homura

Rarity puts more effort into her appearance than Fluttershy... and that's a bad thing? I don't think anybody flat-out stated that yet, which is good because it's a terrible argument. Heck, Fluttershy doesn't even have to do anything and Rarity would make her fabulous even when competing against her. It's what she does, it's what she wants to do, and she WILL NOT be stopped.

• Brohoof 2

lyra_with_a_ponytail_by_jennieoo-d529ybg

Pictures of Lyra strutting on her hind legs or her jumping from rooftop to rooftop was cute, but for some reason, she looks extremely cute with her Bob Bon gallopball cap and ponytail.

More pictures of Lyra (including cute plushies).

lyra_plush__without_socks_by_karasunezum

playing_with_lyra_by_mickeymonster-d4zzu

neon_lyra_by_ultimateultimate-d4zxor9.pn

sleeping_lyra_by_powerfulaaron-d54fq49.p

As a major sports fan, it always fascinates me to see legitimate upsets. Even in this day in age, it's still very rare to see Wild Cards come back to win it all.

Lyra is Cinderella reincarnate. Make the glass hoof fit, Lyra! :D

• Brohoof 4

Twilight's building a pretty good lead right now. Lyra's match is still as nerve-racking as ever.

I can see Fluttershy's attractiveness but I prefer Rarity's overall design just a bit more. It's probably the colors; Rarity's mane, coat, eyes and cutie mark just go together really well. Plus Fluttershy's pink mane just doesn't do it for me and, oddly enough, she can be a little too cute sometimes -- I don't know, it just bothers me. 

• Brohoof 1

Applejack is lovely, and I do mean lovely. Especially with her hat off. Especially especially with her hair down. She's up there with Dash and Rarity in hotness and no less formidable an opponent. But the Minty One did not get here by accident, and when I look at that hairstyle and those colors, my decision is made.

I hope you guys are ready to see another side of Lyra...'cause believe me, there is one.

lyra_naked_png_not_final_by_leopurofriki

@Dark Qiviut: I must have that plushie! Where?!?!

I like Vinyl--certainly enough to take her over Trixie--but Twilight is on another level of cuteness. Speaking of great use of color...she's another example. And, unlike some purple talking animals on other kids' shows, she won't give your daughter nightmares. ;)

img-1058922-1-10434220-20artist20ponykil

I never fully saw what other posters see in Spitfire. Must be a girls-in-uniform thing. Or the hair. I mean, she's very cute, but even though Octavia denied Pinkie Pie a deserved win, I can be objective and honor her elegant beauty in this contest.
I mean, seriously. You're not going to vote for THIS?

good_morning_octavia_by_johnjoseco-d49qm

Fluttershy suffers from an unusual disadvantage: she's too cute. She's the stuffed-animal kind of cute, the kind I can't quite relate to. Her personality, hell yes. But as for attractiveness, this unicorn right here is the queen of the PFC. And the Fluttershy voters are hurting her feelings...

po300-1.jpg

Edited by TailsIsNotAlone
  • Brohoof 3

post-11217-0-90038800-1358474000_thumb.gif

Rarity sees what's going on in this thread.

Clearly some poor, misguided Fluttershy fan has been summoning zombies to vote. You know she wouldn't approve of that, right?

But don't worry, I'm sure you've realized your mistake and now just have to wait! Rarity knows the solution to zombies.

post-11217-0-10073200-1358474170_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 4

Honestly guys, I thought we were supposed to showcase why one should be attracted to a certain pony, not why they should run away screaming from them

some of you Rarity fans are kind of startling me :blink:

ITT: Turn coating of the highest degree, all of the time. I'll tell you what, Spas, you almost had me.

...almost. I'll give you this, though, AJ DOES look really good with her hat off and her hair down.

Also, Fluttershy is just adorable. I can't not vote for her. It's like...I JUST CAN'T, MAN!

stuckshy_by_inuhoshi_to_darkpen-d5mxki9.

• Brohoof 2

Two can play that game, Spas-tic! There's so much great, cute art of Lyra to go around, too!

Let me find some. >)

lyra_jumping_by_b_neko-d4vlz36.png

Come on, Lyra pony! Smile, smile, smile. Fill my heart with sunshine, sunshine!

-

super_happy_lyra_by_moonbrony-d4rh5hv.pn

This great pony is so happy to see you that she wants YOU to help her out. Win, and she'll do pony-cartwheels AND perform a lyre concert!

-

lyra_hug_wallpaper_by_cloud_twister-d5nz

Then she'll give you all a nice hug to go with it! <3

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 2

Vote for Applejack Supreme!

9jO3l.png

PWW03.jpg

neRn5.png

aN58J.jpg

I find it astonishing as to how AJ was dominating the polls earlier but now Lyra is just slightly beating her :(.

Another thing that astonishes me is how Rarity is losing :/. I mean, attractiveness is a bigger trait of hers than generosity :P.

Edited by spas-ticShotty

Applejack is gorgeous.  Absolutely gorgeous.  Those freckles, those great, green eyes, and that silky-smooth blonde mane are fantastic.  But you know what?  I actually think Lyra is more beautiful, and not because I am influenced.  Her cool, almost fluorescent green wouldn't sound appealing, but when you see her, it works.  And it works well.  

lyra_heartstrings___wedding_bridemaid_by

Oh, and don't forget Twilight.   Man, she's adorable. 

twilight_sparkle__heartwarming_by_takua7

• Brohoof 3

Honestly, I really don't think that Twilight needs the propaganda, she sells herself quite well with her absolute adorkableness :wub:

also.... Lyra

C2DwL.png

a2r34.png

WMujb.png

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:  Lyra, You have the best smile ever :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

• Brohoof 3

Yes, but Fluttershy's personality is very dry to me, and I find her hard to relate to and very shallow and undeveloped. She never learns from her mistakes.

That's because you've never given her the chance to let her shine when she clearly has on numerous occasions. Think maybe you're being a tad closed-minded here?

Fluttershy is anything but underdeveloped and/or shallow. In a place where reserved folks aren't given the light of the day; i.e western society, it's difficult to manage yourself around others and your origins would no doubt be filled with bad memories. The starting point of insecurity for anyone is their childhood. If they've had more terrible moments than the eye can capture, then of course they're going to have problems in their behaviour while growing up. That's also another outstanding aspect of Fluttershy's personality. She is hands down the most insecure pony in the series. It isn't even close. You can highlight the major aspects of Twilight's breakdown in "Lesson Zero" or Rarity's freak-out in "Suited for Success" but Fluttershy has been dealing with their problems since early childhood. From being taunted as a filly for not being able to fly, to being regarded as a pony with no spine. Think how shut-in someone could end up becoming in their life if they had to live with those thoughts everyday. Even during "Stare Master" she was afraid to venture out to the Everfree Forest on her own, but she defied logic by boldly going in there anyway. At the potential cost of her own life, she saved the CMC from a dangerous cockatrice that are known to be nasty. That surprising twist is something you would not come to expect from someone as shy as... Fluttershy. 

What makes Fluttershy terrific is that she is the most relatable character of the show. Surprise surprise. Many people are insecure just like her, having to face confidence issues day in and day out and let me tell you, it's NOT cool. What makes it even more appreciative is that Fluttershy has never stooped to retribution in response to how she was treated as a filly, constantly being teased for her inability to fly (showcased in "Hurricane Fluttershy") and even then, the depths of her background was explored to the point where it seemed as if anyone would respond the same way in "Putting Your Hoof Down". She herself became a bully and took her assertiveness training too far. But there was a catch - she didn't just start putting herself above others, she let out long-winded rants about anypony in a sense to let out all the resentment she had for others continually treating her like dirt/taking advantage of her kindness. She didn't even back down from them. All of it was true even though she hated to admit it. When you bottle up something that enraging for so long, you are going to explode one day and will end up regretting it deeply. Not surprisingly... this is the life story that I've most commonly come to spurt from the people I've been around with.

What you need to understand is that shy people do not just end up turning into rowdy and wild party animals. That'd be too dramatic for your friends to figure out, and I sure as hell would be surprised at the development. Rarity even said so herself that Fluttershy can be herself and still improve her self-confidence issues. So no, what you get is not an underveloped character, but a character who symbolizes that it is possible to behave a certain way and still be able to trust yourself. That's a major lesson in life that not many know - fortunately, Fluttershy gives them all hope. She is a sweet and gentle girl, essentially the definition of altruistic, and while she does not like conflict, she'll get her hooves dirty without fumbling her attitude.

So no... she's not underdeveloped and you need to get rid of that mindset. Just because someone's that reserved with the preference to look away rather than be a splendid conversationalist, doesn't mean that their character is dry.

Rarity is a very deep character with insecurities; she feels the need to make herself beautiful to be accepted...

Haha! Nope. One thing that Rarity isn't is insecure. She is very deep, but Rarity's self-confidence speaks for itself. You over-exaggerated the amount of "issues" she really has. She does have her moments but rarely does she ever break down and show legitimate emotion in response to something drastic. Her desire to stylize both herself and everypony around her is a reflection of her special talent to bedazzle the heck out of everything that she sees. When she uses makeup and accessories on anypony, she uses them to highlight and draw attention to beauty that‘s already present. She works with - and not despite - everyone's own imperfections, rather than just "magicking" them away at a horn‘s thought. Once a pony sees the true beauty they can achieve, it gives them confidence like nothing else. Because that's what fashion is to her; it’s not how impossibly attractive a famous model can look, or who should buy what dress and when in the year. It’s about the ponies she comes across every day, and giving them confidence and happiness.

She is posh. She is sometimes haughty. She also sometimes thinks of herself to be superior over others. That isn't insecure in the slightest. The only time where she's demonstrated to show clear-cut turmoil was after Hoity Toity disgraced her for creating ugly dresses, but hey, I'd be fuming/depressed for a while too if my friends didn't end up appreciating my hard work. Fortunately, he was kind enough to give her another chance... undoubtedly a major break for her career.

• Brohoof 6

Guess I'm gonna have to throw in the Rarity support, people need to be reminded. :huh:

Remember her Gala dress? Absolutely stunning.

img-1091851-1-rarity___gala_dress_by_chr

And let's not forget this dress she pulled out of nowhere:

img-1091851-2-Picture1119120540_1.jpg

Crystal Rarity is just breathtaking. How can you deny this beauty?

img-1091851-3-mlp_fim___crystal_rarity_b

Not to mention she's super kawaii in her glasses.

img-1091851-4-award-hot-Rarity_and_her_s

Hell, she's just naturally beautiful.

img-1091851-5-mlp___rarity_by_joehellser

Don't get me wrong, I love Fluttershy, but she doesn't really compare to Rarity in my opinion. :wub:

Edited by SBB64
Spoiler'd images.
  • Brohoof 4

@ You convinced me to vote for Applejack, instead of Lyra Heartstrings.  -_-

I voted for Twilight Sparkle, Spitfire, and Rarity on my own free will. Yet, it took a lot for me to vote for Rarity. Fluttershy is my favorite pony, but Rarity is just naturally beautiful both outside and inside, and strives to make everypony else beautiful as well. My vote had to go to Rarity, but I would also be happy if Fluttershy won, too. 

Edited by Greasy Old-Fart
  • Brohoof 1

Tut, tut. So much room taken up with overenthusiastic AJ propaganda. Lyra can be more persuasive in less space!

lyra_model_standing_by_thecoltalition-d5

1691120-20drinking20Lyra20madmax20sittin

I love how Octavia is gaining ground on Spitfire! I thought she'd get wiped out for sure. Rarity still needs more love, though.

• Brohoof 1

Likewise, I ain't gonna stop promoting one of the best ponies with one of the best color schemes.

With all this creativity, there are so many ways to make Lyra so cute. You don't even need to do anything. Just a pose, and Lyra becomes mega-cute in the blink of an eye.

Time to endorse you with some more cute!Lyra!

filly_lyra_by_razielledbx-d5mildt.jpg

lyra_heartstrings__with_new_pattern_by_w

lyra_riding_bon_bon_by_rens_twin-d4xyo7o

mlp_lyra_heartstrings_custom_plush_by_po

handheld_beanie_lyra_with_hoodie_mlp_plu

Ultra-cute right there! Carry—

Hold on.

*reads e-mail*

Attention! I just received word that someone from this tournament is sponsoring Lyra for this year's Magic Bowl! They had a little chat today, and this pony wants you to vote for both Lyra and herself. In fact, there was a picture captured earlier today, and I have it right here.

Take it away!

octavia_with_lyra_by_oze_jp-d5eecu5.jpg

Octavia: "Hello, everypony. My name is Octavia, and I am endorsing this because I want you to vote for both Lyra and myself. If you vote for both of us to be elected to this year's Magic Bowl, we will offer you a free concert featuring myself with my violin and Lyra with her lyre. Lyra's eagerness may embarrass me at times, but she is a great friend, and she has worked long hard hours to earn her spot for this tournament. So, please, if you vote for her, vote for me, as well.

Thank you, everypony, and have a great day."

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 1