Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Most Attractive Pony Tournament 2013!

Akemi Homura

You're basing this on the show Spazzy, stop that. Go look at the art and read some fanfics, this tournament isn't limited to the canon.

Finally, someone who gets it! If I hosted this tournament solely based on the show, the results would be completely different.

Too bad Rarity is portrayed like a vain/shallow character in most fanfics, though. That's silly and damaging to her rep. 

• Brohoof 1

Finally, someone who gets it! If I hosted this tournament solely based on the show, the results would be completely different.

Too bad Rarity is portrayed like a vain/shallow character in most fanfics, though. That's silly and damaging to her rep. 

Too bad most of the good stuff said about Lyra in fan-fics and such is probably not true, since it ain't canon. Honest to god.......and I think I have to agree on that Rarity thing. I'm still surprised as to how she's losing to Flutters.

Edited by spas-ticShotty

Too bad most of the good stuff said about Lyra in fan-fics and such is probably not true.

I wouldn't say that. It's a fanfic and it's up to the author on how they decide to interpret her character. That's why Rarity gets so much heat for being "shallow" because avid fanfic readers take the fanon aspects to heart moreso than the show. Can't cross that line.

I wouldn't say that. It's a fanfic and it's up to the author on how they decide to interpret her character. That's why Rarity gets so much heat for being "shallow" because avid fanfic readers take the fanon aspects to heart moreso than the show. Can't cross that line.

That's fucking stupid. The stuff in fanfics ain't true unless it's canon, simple as that. Lyra could actually be an asshole and we don't know it.

• Brohoof 1

That's fucking stupid. The stuff in fanfics ain't true unless it's canon, simple as that. Lyra could actually be an asshole and we don't know it.

Pretty much the reason why I dislike Bon Bon, but she's shown to be an asshat in the actual show as well. I don't think it's wise to assume a background character is immediately an asshole just because there's no information on them, though.

Jesus Christ, people. Sometimes, I think this vote is rigged :P. Like, it's the same with Flutters vs. Rarity. I'm surprised someone as sexy as Rares is being beaten' by Flutters. Anyways, more AJ pics to help the cause.

img-1093456-1-applejack_by_peachykit-d5j

img-1093456-2-22_minutes_applejack_by_ja

img-1093456-3-sweet_applejack_by_kcday-d

img-1093456-4-applejack_by_aeronjvl-d5ih

img-1093456-5-wallpaper__applejack_and_f

That second picture was absolutely mind-blowing. That must be the best fan art of any Mane 6 pony I've ever seen. Wow.

It's incredible to see all this spirited pride. I love this thread.

Edited by Flipturn
  • Brohoof 2

Personally I'm still giving Bon Bon a chance. I consider Merriwether's unpleasant depictions of life in Ponyville canon in the loosest sense of the word. :P

And I wouldn't tick off a pony who can clone herself if I were you, AJ fans. Because if you win here, you just might have to face an even tougher opponent next round...

186220-artistmaxtakalike_a_sirLyraLyra_H

Sir Heartsy von Lyrason.

Edited by TailsIsNotAlone
  • Brohoof 2

WOOT. Fluttershy is back in the lead for now! I am a very happy boy! ^_^ You go Fluttershy! Take this tournament home and show em' all your beauty!

img-1094001-1-mirror_fluttershy_by_chupa

img-1094001-2-95508d00ffd5ea9e3c7354e2f8

img-1094001-3-fluttershy___summer_breeze

If she wins the whole thing, good enough. Better not be Lyra.

Also, ANOTHER vote for Lyra? I'm super disappointed right now. Fucking voting for dipshit Lyra...

• Brohoof 2

If she wins the whole thing, good enough. Better not be Lyra.

Also, ANOTHER vote for Lyra? I'm super disappointed right now. Fucking voting for dipshit Lyra...

Okay honestly, I can understanfd being a little upset but your really being a bit of an asshole about this whole thing and quite frankly... you're definitely not portraying AJ all that well

I think you need to calm down a bit before you really lose it,

You're starting to scare me a bit....

• Brohoof 10

Okay honestly, I can understanfd being a little upset but your really being a bit of an asshole about this whole thing and quite frankly... you're definitely not portraying AJ all that well

I think you need to calm down a bit before you really lose it,

You're starting to scare me a bit....

I completely agree, can you guys please be quiet about Lyra? Just accept the reasons that people find Lyra attractive and continue rooting for your own. Don't put other ponies down, that's not good spirit at all.

• Brohoof 4

This......*sigh*, I still think AJ was supposed to go against Vinyl. It shows on the brackets that AJ and Vinyl were supposed to go against each other, yet it got switched around and AJ had to go against Lyra. Honestly, I'm pissed off at a lot of you. I don't think Lyra is anywhere as attractive as AJ.....

• Brohoof 1

This......*sigh*, I still think AJ was supposed to go against Vinyl. It shows on the brackets that AJ and Vinyl were supposed to go against each other, yet it got switched around and AJ had to go against Lyra. Honestly, I'm pissed off at a lot of you. I don't think Lyra is anywhere as attractive as AJ.....

I feel for you Spas, just no name-calling please.

The bracket makes it look like it was supposed to be AJ/Vinyl, but it's sort of complicated. Like Alfonzo said earlier, the NFL playoff rules state that the 6th seed (Lyra) goes up against the 1st seed (AJ). We would only be seeing AJ/Vinyl if Rainbow had won and gone on to face Twilight.

• Brohoof 3

I feel for you Spas, just no name-calling please.

The bracket makes it look like it was supposed to be AJ/Vinyl, but it's sort of complicated. Like Alfonzo said earlier, the NFL playoff rules state that the 6th seed (Lyra) goes up against the 1st seed (AJ). We would only be seeing AJ/Vinyl if Rainbow had won and gone on to face Twilight.

So basically, Lyra ruined everything. Somehow, she won over Dash, which has doomed AJ. I'm still not sure why Lyra is winning over AJ. It really baffles me.

• Brohoof 1

So basically, Lyra ruined everything. Somehow, she won over Dash, which has doomed AJ. I'm still not sure why Lyra is winning over AJ. It really baffles me.

Lol

To be honest, I'm still baffled that Rainbow Dash lost to Lyra. Not something I expected to be completely honest. I suppose I can see what people see in her but in both of the contests I never once voted for her. :P

• Brohoof 2

No, they were never supposed to go against each other. I made a mistake while drawing the brackets because I was too tired to think straight.

Lol

To be honest, I'm still baffled that Rainbow Dash lost to Lyra. Not something I expected to be completely honest. I suppose I can see what people see in her but in both of the contests I never once voted for her. :P

Now with RD vs. Lyra, I could see why she won, just, I'm not happy about that. Now with AJ vs. Lyra, it's very hard to see. I think AJ is way more attractive than Lyra, and I think more people should agree with me here.

This is one of the very few times I'm ever gonna say this but, I don't think Lyra deserves to win at all. I don't like that phrase, but honestly, when a girl I love so much like AJ is losing to a BG pony like Lyra, it hurts me.

I wish I wasn't so competitive with this kind of stuff, but, I just am. Ever since birth, and probably always will be.

Actually, look at this.

1. w-Applejack (78 votes) - Won EFC South

2. z-Twilight Sparkle (74 votes) - Won EFC East

3. y-Rainbow Dash (68 votes) - Won EFC North

4. y-Vinyl Scratch (52 votes) - Won EFC West

5. x-Trixie (42 votes)

6. x-Lyra Heartstrings (24 votes - won tie-breaker vs. Cheerilee.)

How come Lyra is beating AJ? Lyra only had 24 votes and just BARELY won in a tiebreaker while AJ had the most votes of any pony, at 78. I mean, what the fuck?

Edited by spas-ticShotty
  • Brohoof 1

I voted for AJ, Twi, Rarity and Octavia!
C'MON guys Rarity and AJ must win these rounds! :angry:
Lyra is cute, but AJ can't be beaten by a background pony. She has best voice, a hat and freckles :)

Also one does not simply vote against Rarity. She is beauty ponyfied, with an awesome color scheme, a fabulous mane and the prettiest eyes :D

• Brohoof 3

I wish I wasn't so competitive with this kind of stuff, but, I just am. Ever since birth, and probably always will be.

Actually, look at this.

1. w-Applejack (78 votes) - Won EFC South

2. z-Twilight Sparkle (74 votes) - Won EFC East

3. y-Rainbow Dash (68 votes) - Won EFC North

4. y-Vinyl Scratch (52 votes) - Won EFC West

5. x-Trixie (42 votes)

6. x-Lyra Heartstrings (24 votes - won tie-breaker vs. Cheerilee.)

How come Lyra is beating AJ? Lyra only had 24 votes and just BARELY won in a tiebreaker while AJ had the most votes of any pony, at 78. I mean, what the fuck?

I guess everyone suddenly realized how attractive Lyra was when placed head-to-head against RD. I've said it multiple times in this thread but I personally didn't pay attention much to Lyra until participating in this poll. After looking into who Lyra was and really evaluating her attractiveness, I just became attached.

• Brohoof 1

Told you this is the playoffs. It's a whole new ballgame when head-to-head matchups arrive.

Granted, AJ turned out to be in a horribly weak division so her vote numbers may be inflated. Lyra was put into a division with Twilight Sparkle and you know how deadly she is.

Head-to-head games are everything. 

• Brohoof 1

Spitfire is making a comeback. Me likey this turn of events :). Everything still could go pretty much either way though.

Keep it up Spitfire!

I think that matchup has been tight all the way, though Octavia did nurse an 8 vote lead at one point. PFC is arguably the tougher conference.

Have some pretty 'Tavi in the meantime.

octavia_pony_by_goawaylol-d5jier8.png

• Brohoof 1

I think that matchup has been tight all the way, though Octavia did nurse an 8 vote lead at one point. PFC is arguably the tougher conference.

Ah. That's probably when I checked on the tournament last. That would make sense. Thanks for clearing that up :).

As for the PFC, it's quite possible.

• Brohoof 1