Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anything Special happen in 2012?

Unified Draft

I don't know about you but the year 2012 was a good year for me here are a few highlights:

Saw Journey in Concert 

Saw Foreigner in Concert

I was introduced to Queen

Went to Van Halen 

Introduced to MLP:FiM

Started Swimming for my school

Transfered to a different school

I guess  2012 was the Year of Concerts for me. So did anything special happen to you in 2012? 

Leave you response in the comment section and Happy New Year! :)

• Brohoof 1

Not much. There was much more going on in 2011. Most of last year passed without incident. All I can recall from 2012 was BronyCon, the greatest thing I've ever participated in, and losing my job. Being unemployed sucks, but I'm so glad to be away from that place; it frustrated me more than I could ever say.

Well

1- I liked MLP.

2- I Turned into a brony.

3- Egyppt had a new president

4- Egyptian Pope Shenouda Died @ 17 march-2012

5- I bought a new droid phone.

THAT'S ALL!

• Played at 2 music school concerts
  • Visited Berlin for a week with my school class
  • Went back to Malaysia/Singapore during the summer holidays
  • Found ponies
  • Became obsessed with ponies
  • Changed taste in music (from pop/rock to electronic house, techno and dubstep)
  • Learned to vector

That's all I can think of at the moment. Maybe a few smaller things happened here or there that I forgot.

Edited by CloudsdaleCompanion
  • Brohoof 1

• Started my carrer as VideoGame commentator

Got 50% of my company XD (from 25%)

Finished my Software Degree

I start to write again (thanks to MLP)

Commentate on the US with some top players

Went to IGN and meet the original gaijin 4koma making a joke about it

Got awesome friends from all around Mexico and the US

The Darkness is BACK!!!!!

Edited by Colt

• Went back to Malaysia/Singapore during the summer holidays

Whats that you say? O.o 

Oh and I also started on my second Darkest Sunset book.  (the first is no where near finished) and I love it so much it hurts.

And decided I would publish a book soon.

Whats that you say? O.o

Twin Towers?

img-1051966-1-petronastowersklmalaysia.j

This place right here?

img-1051966-2-malaysia_map_600px.jpg

May dad is from Germany, which is why I live in Germany (he should have bought that supid house in California grrrr <_< ) and my mom is from Malaysia, so we go back there during the summer holidays to visit family and friends.

Edited by CloudsdaleCompanion
  • Brohoof 1

Twin Towers?

img-1051966-1-petronastowersklmalaysia.j

This place right here?

img-1051966-2-malaysia_map.jpg

May dad is from Germany, which is why I live in Germany (he should have bought that supid house in California grrrr <_< ) and my mom is from Malaysia, so we go back there during the summer holidays to visit family and friends.

I live in Malaysia.

At least I'm not the only one whose half Malay and half...something else.  (American for me)

That's interesting.  /)*(

Well anyway...I'm off topic.

-ponies

-Korean almight-dictator-guy died

-annoying ass song

Gangnam Style

-ponies

-my little pony

-changed my cat's name to Colgate ( she still won't respond to it :/)

-also ponies

-no apocalypse

-learned how to make cupcakes

-small colorful horses

-started school for a computer technician

-flying ponies

Edited by PinkiePai
  • Brohoof 1

Introduced to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

Saw Star Wars: Episode I - The Phanom Menace 3D in theaters for the first time since 1999.

Watched heroes come together in Marvel's The Avengers.

Saw my first good if not great Ridley Scott film in theaters, Prometheus.

Experienced the Dark Knight trilogy in IMAX in the same night (seeing The Dark Knight Rises).

Played Halo 4 and experienced it's superb yet depressing ending.

Went on another adventure in Middle-earth with The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.

Moved back to California in Paradise.

Edited by Thoix
  • Brohoof 1

Most of what happened to me in 2012 was bad, overall it was a bummer. But it at least wasn't a total loss

*I was introduced to ponies

*I first found out about and watched the 2003 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series

*The 2012 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series

But even the bad stuff does have its own opportunities, sometimes you just need a good swift kick in the ass to realize that you really need to get it together and that is exactly what I got.

Got a job.

Got new games for my Xbox.

Learned a new martial art.

I hospitalized some guy...

Moved out of Texas to Arkansas.

Got my own place and signed a 6 month lease.

Left my boyfriend because he was a good for nothing liar..

Edited by Claudia
  • Brohoof 2

In chronological order:

~I freed myself from religion and became an Atheist. This is significant because for me religion was largely about comfort. Moreover, about keeping me together and from killing myself. I've never put it that sharply, but that pretty much is it. However, since I am still here, that means getting over it was just bringing me a step closer to having to face the reality of what has happened in my life. I could go on, but I see I'd be making a tl;dr post - especially in the context of the other posts in this topic - so...

~I got my first job.

~I got my tenor saxophone.

~I transferred to and had my first semester at a university.

~I joined and got to be in orchestra for the first time.

~I made really good grades at school that semester (which is incredible for me, considering I was really stressed out, and kept my job through the semester).

And that was my year,. in really short form. lol

Well alot of stuff happended.

-I discovered MLP and liked it.

-I joined these forums and became a brony.

-I started highschool

-I joined band in highschool

-I marched for the first time

-I had a sleptover at a friends house for the first time in literally like forever.

-I met plenty of people.

-First band camp.

Hmm.. Thats about all I can think of right now :P. I'm sure theres more though.

• First had a Swimming class in my school.

Listened to more Rap/Rock/Metal

Enjoyed hanging out with my friends

Discovered the awesome world of Ponies

Found MLPforums and learned more about Ponies

Ready to rain in the new year.

I turned 18

I got a 5 on my ap psychology exam which everyone thought I was going to fail (had to fight like crazy to take it)

I graduated high school AT THE LOWEST OF MY CLASS BABY YEAAAAH

I started college

I started learning a couple languages

I walked 20 miles nonstop one day to the middle of a nearby city and back

I became an assistant scout master

I started learning kick boxing

I voted in the election that was going on this year

I spent a relatively large amount of time researching and writing this argument about Pinkie Pie's psychology, unfortunately my entire theory is destroyed thanks to the second episode of season three 

I applied to more than a million places requesting a job (no one ever called back  :( )

I finally got into the Walking Dead series but as good as the show is, I think it is really lacking character wise when compared to the comics or the game.

I spent who knows how much money on Red Bull

Later in the year I finally stopped letting my addiction of the stuff get in the way and quit drinking those things altogether

I ate some hamburger that weighed in at three or four pounds

I lit tons of things on fire with my friends

I read My Little Dashie the night of new years eve

I did pony fan art for the first time

I started a fanfiction

I started some PMV thing

There's obviously more but screw it

Edited by Lord Bababa

Well alot of stuff happended.

-I discovered MLP and liked it.

-I joined these forums and became a brony.

-I started highschool

-I joined band in highschool

-I marched for the first time

-I had a sleptover at a friends house for the first time in literally like forever.

-I met plenty of people.

-First band camp.

Hmm.. Thats about all I can think of right now :P. I'm sure theres more though.

Oooh, what instrument do you play in band? Is it a woodwind instrument?

I'm just kidding, it doesn't have to be a woodwind instrument. =P

• Brohoof 1

Oooh, what instrument do you play in band? Is it a woodwind instrument?

I'm just kidding, it doesn't have to be a woodwind instrument. =P

I'm a trumpet player sorry :P, if it makes you feel any better I've actually had times where I've wanted to learn a woodwind.

Then again I feel like I'd get really confused with all the keys :P.

Ps. I'm not an egomaniac despite being trumpet, ironically enough. I have pretty low self esteem actually. Whether thats good or not well idk :P.

Discovering MLP: FiM.

...Everything else was either bad or the same as last year, or both. So, yeah, not really the best year. Not a big fan of 2012. And the world didn't even end! What a disappointment!

I'm a trumpet player sorry :P, if it makes you feel any better I've actually had times where I've wanted to learn a woodwind.

Then again I feel like I'd get really confused with all the keys :P.

Ps. I'm not an egomaniac despite being trumpet, ironically enough. I have pretty low self esteem actually. Whether thats good or not well idk :P.

Oh, but I started on trumpet and played it through all of my pre-college years (although not exclusively in the last couple, but that's aside from the point) so don't think that anyway exempts you from any chance. =P

As for the many keys, you'd be shocked how many of those keys are really for tuning and better resonance. That's especially true for the bassoon (although a lot of them are necessary to play notes, mostly in the highest and lowest range.). Of the woodwinds I have played for far the only one that has gotten me is learning saxophone. There are some weird fingerings on it.

But mostly the whole "OMG all of those keys!" worry is not founded. In the end all of those keys become just as natural as the main three valves on the trumpet.

• Brohoof 1

Honestly the most significant thing that happened to me in 2012 was being introduced to this show and fandom, it really has made things much more enjoyable.

Plus I can't think of anything else at the moment. :P

Oh, but I started on trumpet and played it through all of my pre-college years (although not exclusively in the last couple, but that's aside from the point) so don't think that anyway exempts you from any chance. =P

As for the many keys, you'd be shocked how many of those keys are really for tuning and better resonance. That's especially true for the bassoon (although a lot of them are necessary to play notes, mostly in the highest and lowest range.). Of the woodwinds I have played for far the only one that has gotten me is learning saxophone. There are some weird fingerings on it.

But mostly the whole "OMG all of those keys!" worry is not founded. In the end all of those keys become just as natural as the main three valves on the trumpet.

I'm sure that after a while it becomes pretty natural, just like typing, and playing trumpet. I don't have to think that much about what I'm doing while I'm playing trumpet, so I'm sure the same is somewhat true for woodwind after a while.

Besides atleast on woodwind you don't have to worry about as much of stuff with your embouchure being changed to change notes.(And blowing out your chops from practicing to much :P.) The exchange of course is, more keys.

Probably won't be changing over to a woodwind randomly for any reason anytime soon, we have quiet alot of Woodwinds actually :P. We have alot of trumpets to but, theres more flutes and more clarinets for sure.(We have like almost 20 of each. While we have like 14 trumpets around there.)