Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cooking!

SugarSlatheredCandyApple

So, who here likes to cook? I am in the process of making one of my favorite soups, Lentil Soup! Posted Image

Lentil Soup!!!!

Lentil Soup? Made from Lalafell-Lentil? I guess you don't play FFXIV do you? Lol, I'm sure lalafell-lenfil soup would taste good~

Lentil Soup? Made from Lalafell-Lentil? I guess you don't play FFXIV do you? Lol, I'm sure lalafell-lenfil soup would taste good~

Wow, I am out of the loop, I didn't realize that a Final Fantasy 14 had been made.

Cooking tips from Chef Stache!

Not happy with your dish?

Step 1: Add Sprinkles

(alternatively, wrap it in bacon)

That'll be all! :D

Not........everything........tastes better when you add sprinkles. Bacon though, now we're talking ^_^

• Brohoof 1

Not........everything........tastes better when you add sprinkles. Bacon though, now we're talking ^_^

Oh yeah! ;)

I have never really tried cooking much really, but what I have made has been quite delicious according to my professional taste tester (me ;)) I've found good ingredients tend make good food no matter how bad a cook you are.

I do a make very delicious chicken salad, however I don't really think making a salad would be considered cooking now would it? :P

Wow, I am out of the loop, I didn't realize that a Final Fantasy 14 had been made.

Well I was sorta joking.

Though I do tend to experiment with sprinkles when there's nothing good to eat. Example: The only breakfast food in the house the other day was Oatmeal. I had 3 options 1) eat bland plain oatmeal Bleh! 2) Drown it in sugar... (Why not just eat the sugar then) 3) Add some sprinkles and make bland oatmeal sweet and colorful

I tried 3 it was rather delicious but not quite colorful since the sprinkles turned the oatmeal a strange dark blackish color. I thought I was cooking Sweetie Bell Style! (Though I'm probably certain mine tasted better, then again I haven't tried burnt juice)

But now I bought plenty of bacon for the more meatier dishes! :)

Other than doing different types of thai dishes, i like to bake.

Cupcakes in all different flavors! ^^

Edited by Jonke
  • Brohoof 1

Anyone ever try to make steaks?

It is the most satisfying of foods to make.

Marinated flank steak is divine. Far less expensive than the higher tier cuts (ribeye, etc), but still damned good on its own. Just have to remember to cut it against the grain.

Oh yeah! ;)

I have never really tried cooking much really, but what I have made has been quite delicious according to my professional taste tester (me ;)) I've found good ingredients tend make good food no matter how bad a cook you are.

I do a make very delicious chicken salad, however I don't really think making a salad would be considered cooking now would it? :P

Well, salad is an art in and amongst itself. My favorite salad is a mix of greens(no romanine or iceberg) dried cranberries, goat cheese, and peppered pecans. If you're feeling sprinkly, add chopped bacon and tomatoes.

Well I was sorta joking. Though I do tend to experiment with sprinkles when there's nothing good to eat. Example: The only breakfast food in the house the other day was Oatmeal. I had 3 options 1) eat bland plain oatmeal Bleh! 2) Drown it in sugar... (Why not just eat the sugar then) 3) Add some sprinkles and make bland oatmeal sweet and colorful I tried 3 it was rather delicious but not quite colorful since the sprinkles turned the oatmeal a strange dark blackish color. I thought I was cooking Sweetie Bell Style! (Though I'm probably certain mine tasted better, then again I haven't tried burnt juice) But now I bought plenty of bacon for the more meatier dishes! :)

Yeah.........I remember doing that as a kid. Because of how many different colors the sprinkles are, when they melt, you get a color that isn't really.......pretty...

Anyone ever try to make steaks?

Eeeyup.

Grilled meat is rather simple, just gotta make sure you don't turn it into fossil fuel. ;P

Oh, and mashed potatoes, to which we (my mom and I) add some milk. We even add the juice left over from chicken sometimes. I'm too dumb to tell the difference, but I like what I'm eating.

Oooh, just something I remembered. When I'm making crepes or omelets, I occasionally mix things like cheese, honey, or even jam and maple syrup. It's not like putting them on top of the cooked thing; in the case of the latter three, it gives the crepe/omelet a more caramel-ish taste.

I love to experiment like that.

Edited by Feather Spiral

Grilled meat is rather simple, just gotta make sure you don't turn it into fossil fuel. ;P

Oh, and mashed potatoes, to which we (my mom and I) add some milk. We even add the juice left over from chicken sometimes. I'm too dumb to tell the difference, but I like what I'm eating.

I love to experiment like that.

For thanksgiving I'm making my neighbors amazing garlic mashed potatoes to take to my aunts. You roast a whole garlic head, then put all the cloves into a bowl with boiled potatoes, then mash them with equal parts of sour cream and butter. It's heavenly.

Am I the only one who can't cook eggs properly?

Whenever I try they come out half cooked or they begin to dry :(

How are you trying to cook them? Scrambled.....over easy.............. boiled......... generally, if it's in a pan, make sure there's butter or oil in the pan before you start. And pull the eggs out of the pan before they brown.

• Brohoof 1

Am I the only one who can't cook eggs properly?

Whenever I try they come out half cooked or they begin to dry :(

Whenever I make eggs, no matter how I'm making em, I just cook 'em until theres a TAD bit of brown. Then I just lather em with cheese and bacon and pepper so they taste delicious whether they taste delicious or not :P

• Brohoof 1

How are you trying to cook them? Scrambled.....over easy.............. boiled......... generally, if it's in a pan, make sure there's butter or oil in the pan before you start. And pull the eggs out of the pan before they brown.

I usually try to make an omelette but it comes out scrambled :(

Whenever I make eggs, no matter how I'm making em, I just cook 'em until theres a TAD bit of brown. Then I just lather em with cheese and bacon and pepper so they taste delicious whether they taste delicious or not :P

I will try that :P

I'm making this for thanksgiving, it's really yummy:

Peach and Raspberry Cobbler

2 1/2

cups sliced fresh peaches

cups fresh raspberries

1/2

cup granulated sugar

tablespoon cornstarch

teaspoon ground nutmeg

cups Original Bisquick® mix

1/2

cup milk

tablespoons butter or margarine, melted

tablespoons packed brown sugar

• Heat oven to 375°F. Lightly butter bottom and side of 9x1 1/2-inch deep-dish pie plate or 2-quart casserole.
  • Mix peaches, raspberries, granulated sugar, cornstarch and nutmeg in large bowl. Let stand 10 minutes. Spoon into pie plate.
  • Stir together remaining ingredients in same bowl until dough forms. Drop dough by spoonfuls onto fruit mixture. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until fruit is bubbly and topping is deep golden brown and thoroughly baked.

I usually try to make an omelette but it comes out scrambled :(

Isn't the point of an omel- Oh wait, you mean it gets torn to pieces.

Mine turn out that way too, but that's just the stuff I add in that weakens the texture. Especially liquids, like honey or maple syrup.

As for drying... I don't know about you, but I like the caramellish taste of half-dried-and-burnt omelette.

For thanksgiving I'm making my neighbors amazing garlic mashed potatoes to take to my aunts. You roast a whole garlic head, then put all the cloves into a bowl with boiled potatoes, then mash them with equal parts of sour cream and butter. It's heavenly.

That kinda sounds... greasy lol. The cream and butter would make my stomach go on strike. Otherwise, yum.

We Turks put garlic in a few dishes, like ravioli or steaks. Kinda gives us the reputation of foul-smelling folks, it seems. XD

We Turks put garlic in a few dishes, like ravioli or steaks. Kinda gives us the reputation of foul-smelling folks, it seems. XD

Garlic is something you cannot have enough of.

Horseradish is another.