Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Saddest scenes in My Little Pony

Goodra

(edited)

The saddest moments in a fanfic to me was in Fallout: Equestria.

Warning spoilers, very big ones.

When Steelhoves died.

And also when the Pegasus Enclave wiped out Friendship City.

Edited by Tom

• 1 year later...

What do you think is the saddest scene in MLP:FiM?

For me it's the crying scene from Hurricane Fluttershy. Not just because it was horrible to see Fluttershy break down like that, but also that Rainbow Dash couldn't understand what she was going through and had no idea how to help her.

• Brohoof 5

For me it was when Twilight thought she lost all her friends for good. The sky was dark and depressing above Ponyville and all hope seemed lost. It was really sad to me

• Brohoof 3

ChikoritaBrony, on 12 Feb 2014 - 5:24 PM, said:

For me it was I have to find a way and Celestia's Ballad. I'd also like to include A True True Friend for it causing a sad emotion i na happy way.

Yeah, I'd have to agree. The first time I saw Celestia's ballad I got a little worried. I was like "Oh no! It's the end of the show!" :(

• Brohoof 1

I'll agree with all of those posted here. Though, I'll add Rarity's "point of realization" scene when she finds Sweetie Belle's arts and crafts project from Sisterhooves Social.

Oh yes that scene was great and emotional too, it was one of my favorite moments in the series.

From the Show......Probably when Shining Armor told Twilight to not even show up at the wedding in "A Canterlot Wedding: Part 1" .................BUT, the most saddest and heart-warming MLP Scene for me is probably the Fan-Made animation "Snowdrop" by Silly Filly Studios........I CRIED SO HARD! :(  :(  :(  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do6RDSwaWek

Edited by BronyBeat
  • Brohoof 2

At the end of Sweet and Elite, when asked if she knew the rest of Mane Six, Rarity slowly walked backwards before answering that she did.  For a split second, I thought she'd deny knowing them in order to maintain favor with the uppercrust ponies.

Another very sad moment was when Rarity and Spike were falling to their doom in Secret of My Excess and Spike tried to confess his love for her before she tearily stopped him, indicating that she already knew.

Two truly touching moments!  (Seeing Twilight get chewed out in A Canterlot Wedding is also high up there on my list.)

Edited by SouthpawLink
  • Brohoof 1

Just about every  pony here has posted one of my saddest clips of MLP so I'll go with anotehr, it made me jump thinking the worst...then just made me sad:

This scene reminds me so much of a certain...*sighs* sister of mine, my elder sister, long story short she basically betrayed our family and has since been isolated from us... In a way she was banished but she did so on her own accord. It still hits a mark though when I see this clip, just makes me cry.

Edited by Lightning Bliss
  • Brohoof 4

1. AppleJack cries cause she tried too hard to make the reunion perfect.. I felt so bad for her :(

2. When Pinkie Pie cries due to stress when babysitting the twins. I can totally relate; when I'm under a lot of pressure, I cry..

3. Confirmation that AppleJack's parents are passed on :'(

post-14906-0-14181400-1392314924_thumb.jpg

Edited by Samurott77
  • Brohoof 2

Howdy all!

Flutterhshy crying in Hurricane Fluttershy made me want to :(

Plus dont know if you remember Flutters telling off Pinkie Pie & Rarity (Fans called it FlutterB@#$ch scene) both left crying and afterwards saying im the monster now as she tears up and walks slowly to her cottage.

That one got to me as well.

See ya!

• Brohoof 1

I would say it was a tie between these two scenes!

Oh! And I almost forgot the one where Twilight goes into Celestias past and Twi thinks that Celestia is dead and starts crying has both of those beat!

Edited by 0blivion
  • Brohoof 1

The only moment in the show that made me cry so far was Celestia's Ballad in Magical Mystery Cure. In fact for a while every time I listened to that song I would cry. Damn, I love that episode. I think now that people are kind of over Twilight becoming a princess I bet that people should like this episode better, even if they crammed a lot in 22 minutes.

Fluttershy yelling at Pinkie and Rarity is one of those, "...woah" scenes... I don't think it had that effect on me at first but I rewatched just that scene and then I rewatched the whole episode and it just makes my heart sink... Fluttershy wanting to lock herself up in her house forever is a strong enough reaction to her own guilt.

The end of Secret of my Excess with Spike and Rarity falling and him trying to admit his crush was very cute and touching. I do not like the Sparity ship that the fandom is a fan of but I do enjoy those moments that they have together.

• Brohoof 1

Season four première "Princess Twilight Sparkle", although I felt misty eyed in other episodes, it was this two part episode that invoked my emotional sentiment, when Princess Luna succumbs to wrath and becomes Nightmare Moon, of course it's in flashback, nevertheless it was powerful, but the moment that filled me with melancholia, was the battle between Celestia and Luna. A spectacle to behold, the combat was well animated, and when Celestia looked like she had it, my heart sank and to watch Twilight Sparkle sob was when I lost it, however it was the moment when Celestia had to use the elements of harmony to defeat Nightmare Moon, just to see the tears in Celestia's eyes was a look any serviceman would have, when you had to do whatever it takes to achieve a greater good, but use force against anyone friend or family is never that easy. Overall, this was an excellent première and it was the saddest moment I ever felt watching FiM, but an honourable mention is from "Flight to the Finish", when Scootaloo tried her hardest to overcome her physical limitations, and stand up to Diamond Tiara, it was the moment when Rainbow Dash went to speak to her did I feel sentimental, so yes these ponies have given me the satisfaction of congeal embrace, I can sense there will be other moments that make me and other bronies alive with emotions.        

Edited by Emperor Peter
  • Brohoof 1