Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pony.FM - Mobile Site

Marcato

Hey everyone! So lately I have visited Pony.FM from my mobile phone because I like to check up on tracks and artists. Unfortunately, Pony.FM is a bit difficult to navigate on mobile phones and is a bit buggy. That's why I think a mobile site for Pony.FM would be a great thing to implement.

With how many people use their phones for browsing the internet, mobile sites load faster and are easier to use. I think a mobile site would help appeal to people more and make Pony.FM look that much more professional! (Because we're all about professional here! :P )

I have a couple mockup images here to show you that I made this morning among other things.

Home Page/Track List Layout

PonyFMConcept_zps351c56ee.png

Top Bar Concept

PonyFMConceptTop_zpsc7478421.png

These are just images of the way I pictured a Pony.FM mobile site.

Oh, and I also felt that I'd make a live example in terms of what I imagined, so I coded a sort of layout today.

Open the following link on your phones or mobile devices with internet!

http://96.48.117.236/ponymobi/test.html

Warning: This link looks REALLY funny on desktop. xD

Thoughts? Opinions? ^_^

Edited by Silver Arrow

These are just images of the way I pictured a Pony.FM mobile site.
 Great idea :D I like the concepts, but maybe a mobile pony.fm would be to early to make. Pony.FM is still in alpha (i know you know that).

Maybe an RSS would be better just for now?
tumblr_mazb42wAPB1ruo7yvo1_500.png

img-1064556-1-tumblr_mazb42wAPB1ruo7yvo1

This post has nothing to do with this topic at all, but that is one of the most awesome Fluttershy pictures, EVER. If I ever made it onto the live stage, would wear those headphones, just for the heck of it

Okay, back on topic. Mobile site? Definitely cool. RSS? Probably easier.

I wonder if one could develop an app for Android...I might have to look into that.

• Brohoof 1

Great idea :D I like the concepts, but maybe a mobile pony.fm would be to early to make. Pony.FM is still in alpha (i know you know that).

It might be too early, but he should definitely consider it now as it might influence potential decision making in terms of style or how something is coded since the potential mobile website will be based on the current websites code.

Okay, back on topic. Mobile site? Definitely cool. RSS? Probably easier.

I wonder if one could develop an app for Android...I might have to look into that.

pony.fm should definitely have both an RSS and mobile website. 

I am always against mobile apps for websites. I think it's stupid since you can just view almost the exact same thing on the website.

As for the mock ups, they look good. I'd just like to say that the number one most annoying thing about mobile website is that there is never enough information in the mobile view and so I always end up having to go to full site which results in small and difficult navigation.

If a mobile website is developed it should definitely be well thought out rather than an after thought like most mobile sites are. Some UX testing definitely needs to be done on something like that.

• Brohoof 2