Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP References in Other Media

~Vallo~

Has anybody ever seen these? I'm just curious, because I was watching The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, and Grim watching TV and My Little Pony was on. The only problem was that it wasn't G4, it was G1 or something.

I was bored when I started this topic, but share any info if you have any, I'd really like to see some.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3lc8mPuFpLs

• Brohoof 1

I know several

In the powerpuff girls there was a show about ponies. This show with the same name and ponies were also seen in dexter's laboratory. However since this was befor G4 the reference was for G1.

MAD on cartoon network has actually made several MLP: FIM references and parodies. You can see the clips on YouTube.

The parodies are called (if you wish to see them):

"My little war horse"

"Cowboys and Ponies"

"Adjustment Burro"- Burro like donkey

Robot chicken did make a parody, but that was for G1 ponies, they have yet to make a G4 reference to my knowledge.

The parody was called: "Apocolyptic Ponies"

It's based on the four horsemen: War, Famine, Pestalince, and Death

You can watch it on YouTube if you want.

I'm sorry, but I think some of you are jumping to "MLP REFERENCE!" on the first sight of a pony. I mean, they're real animals as well. Not every appearance has to be linked to MLP FiM...

Edited by OlegEqualzName
  • Brohoof 9

I'm sorry, but I think some of you are jumping to "MLP REFERENCE!" on the first sight of a pony. I mean, they're real animals as well. Not every appearance has to be linked to MLP FiM...

Well the MAD cartoon series on Cartoon Network had references in the parodies I listed prior, that was specifically targeting MLP: FIM. "My little war Horse" which was the name of one of their parodies even had a character named Pinkie Pie that behaived like th Pinkie Pie we know. We even saw characters that represented the rest the mane six. They even had the word Borny thrown in there. In my opinion it wasn't the best parody

I thought that Fluttershy being a general was halarious though.

I know several

In the powerpuff girls there was a show about ponies. This show with the same name and ponies were also seen in dexter's laboratory. However since this was befor G4 the reference was for G1.

MAD on cartoon network has actually made several MLP: FIM references and parodies. You can see the clips on YouTube.

The parodies are called (if you wish to see them):

"My little war horse"

"Cowboys and Ponies"

"Adjustment Burro"- Burro like donkey

Robot chicken did make a parody, but that was for G1 ponies, they have yet to make a G4 reference to my knowledge.

The parody was called: "Apocolyptic Ponies"

It's based on the four horsemen: War, Famine, Pestalince, and Death

You can watch it on YouTube if you want.

Since this is a forum with a high geek percentage, I am obligated to mention that the second rider is in fact Conquest, not Pestilence.

Anyway, I'm actually suprised none of the big satire shows (Simpsons, Family Guy, SouthPark) has done anything concerning the fandom yet, it is the kind of thing that lends itself to parody.

Here in Germany there was a minor mentioning of bronies in the media, due to a new political party, the Pirates. Basicly they are a liberal, pro-free internet party: Very idealistic and some good ideas, but sadly so badly organised that noone takes them seriously.One of their bright ideas was mentioning that they watch cartoons about ponies during their meetings and then failing to explain the show's appeal for anyone over the age of seven <_<.

Has anybody ever seen these? I'm just curious, because I was watching The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, and Grim watching TV and My Little Pony was on. The only problem was that it wasn't G4, it was G1 or something.

I was bored when I started this topic, but share any info if you have any, I'd really like to see some.

Oh god I remember that part in the show. Glue factory...

That show was dark as fuck. XD

I liked it as a kid but it was weird watching it.

• Brohoof 2

Oh god I remember that part in the show. Glue factory...

That show was dark as fuck. XD

I liked it as a kid but it was weird watching it.

Tell me about it..

Cartoon network needs to take the stupid shows that only little kids like and dump them.

Bring back EEnE(you know what I'm talking about), Grim, and Foster's.

Those shows were a little twisted sometimes, but that's what made them funny :/

It wasn't just plain ponies, it was "My Little" something.... This wasn't the only clip, they said the name a few times in the episode, but it definitely had a "My Little" in it..

Also, the way the ponies are illustrated and colored are kind of a big hint :/

• Brohoof 2

Cartoon Network had very random and funny shows that made everybody laugh, and they became popular. If we can get our shows back, I would be happy. We could grab the shows they have now , roll them into a ball. (Except Regular Show and Adventure Time), they are legit. Then take those shows, put them, in a ice cream truck with, Carvel, Dairy Queen, and Cookie Puss. And stick them straight up the creators ass ( sorry for the bad language).

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Cartoon Network had very random and funny shows that made everybody laugh, and they became popular. If we can get our shows back, I would be happy. We could grab the shows they have now , roll them into a ball. (Except Regular Show and Adventure Time), they are legit. Then take those shows, put them, in a ice cream truck with, Carvel, Dairy Queen, and Cookie Puss. And stick them straight up the creators ass ( sorry for the bad language).

That language is essential when it comes to describing these new shows. I swear to God, I facepalmed so hard when they showed the "Annoying Orange." Seriously? The annoying orange? Now you have to take a terrible web series and put them on your network because you can't make your own terrible shows anymore? What happened to you, Cartoon Network?

Edited by ~Vallo~

That language is essential when it comes to describing these new shows. I swear to God, I facepalmed so hard when they showed the "Annoying Orange." Seriously? The annoying orange? Now you have to take terrible web shows and put them on your network because you can't make your own terrible shows anymore? What happened to you, Cartoon Network?? You've turned into a shit sandwich with extra mustard. T_T

I agree with you. But don't get me started on this Nick show called Fanboy and Chum Chum, that show makes me want to punch a hole in the wall.

• Brohoof 2

• 11 months later...

Tonight I was watching a 2011 movie called Detention (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1701990/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1) and in one scene a character was paging through a yearbook. It was only on screen for half a second but something caught my eye. I went back and paused on a certain bit and I was surprised to see what appears to be a My Little Pony reference (I added a screenshot of it).

Have you ever caught a MLP reference in other media before? If so, what was it in?

E9B7dlC.png

• Brohoof 5

In The Cleveland show there was a pony reference:

post-19005-0-18901200-1388555004_thumb.jpg

If you look on clevelands mugshot card or whatever it is, the ID code is TSRDFSPPRAJ002...

TS: Twilight Sprakle

RD: Rainbow Dash

FS: Fluttershy

PP: Pinkie Pie

R: Rarity

AJ: Applejack

Oh, Oh! And there's also pony refrences in borderlands 2 their is a dlc character called the mechromancer and her skill tree contains skills such as: 20% cooler, Evil enchantress, make it sparkle, potent as a pony and discord just to name a few... 

• Brohoof 12

Ah, thank you for starting this topic. I found this the other day in a used book store and I wasn't sure exactly how to share it.

WP_000106.png

• Brohoof 1

In one of the videos during season one of The Aquabats Super Show!, Pinkie Pie makes an appearance in the collage of art. There's a video of it somewhere on youtube. And it's not too much of a surprise. Heck, the Aquabats are really cool the MLP references. In fact, there are TONS of Aquacadets who are bronies, we have some fun at the shows.

EDIT: Found it!

http://youtu.be/Nj6wfLePQkw

Edited by CloserToTheSun
  • Brohoof 1

In one of the videos during season one of The Aquabats Super Show!, Pinkie Pie makes an appearance in the collage of art. There's a video of it somewhere on youtube. And it's not too much of a surprise. Heck, the Aquabats are really cool the MLP references. In fact, there are TONS of Aquacadets who are bronies, we have some fun at the shows.

EDIT: Found it!

http://youtu.be/Nj6wfLePQkw

That was literally the most trippy video I have seen in a while o.O... 

But a lot of these I have not even seen it is pretty funny while some of them are cool. But that video with the Aquabats was... odd o.O

That was literally the most trippy video I have seen in a while o.O... 

But a lot of these I have not even seen it is pretty funny while some of them are cool. But that video with the Aquabats was... odd o.O

It's the Aquabats. They are just freaking amazing.