Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP References in Other Media

~Vallo~

(edited)

The Last of Us DLC had this as one of the mall stores

sig-3917766.RarityNailSalon-copy_670.jpg

sig-3917766.roundup_picture.png

I just hope that world's Rarity, whichever name she goes by there, is not "clicking"  :confused:

Edited by Steve Piranha

The Last of Us DLC had this as one of the mall stores

sig-3917766.sig-3917766.RarityNailSalon-

sig-3917766.sig-3917766.roundup_picture.

I just hope that world's Rarity, whichever name she goes by there, is not "clicking"  :confused:

That's way too obvious for anyone to say otherwise.

• 1 month later...

Well the MAD cartoon series on Cartoon Network had references in the parodies I listed prior, that was specifically targeting MLP: FIM. "My little war Horse" which was the name of one of their parodies even had a character named Pinkie Pie that behaived like th Pinkie Pie we know. We even saw characters that represented the rest the mane six. They even had the word Borny thrown in there. In my opinion it wasn't the best parody

I thought that Fluttershy being a general was halarious though.

Most of those FiM parodies were voiced by, you guessed it: Tara Strong  :P . Most MLP parodies in animated shows that I've remember are pre FiM, like Grim Adventures, Dexter's Lab, PPG, etc. Foster's Home MIGHT BE a more subtle reference to MLP, due to the fame of unicorns being for girls and used for humor, and Faust worked there 

Look what I happened across while playing Terraria:

maxresdefault.jpg

Checked the wiki to make sure:

"Redigit has stated that the Party Girl was partially inspired by Pinkie Pie from the television series "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic"."

• 4 weeks later...

OMG! So many blatant MLP references in the new Gravity Falls episode "The Last Mabelcorn".

Everything from a parodied Princess Twilight plushie that sounded like Tara Strong to a unicorn with Rarity"s cutie mark and a play on Celestia's name. You've just got to watch it.    

• Brohoof 2

OMG! So many blatant MLP references in the new Gravity Falls episode "The Last Mabelcorn".

Everything from a parodied Princess Twilight plushie that sounded like Tara Strong to a unicorn with Rarity"s cutie mark and a play on Celestia's name. You've just got to watch it.    

Which is interesting, considering this... :P

https://twitter.com/_AlexHirsch/status/315691341579440129

• Brohoof 1

The Player-owned ports minigame thing in RuneScape has a few subtle-ish pony references, in the sense that you can name your ships things like "Element of harmony", "Rainbow dasher" and "Nightmare moon"

The islands you can visit also have names like "Ai jei", "Tuai leit" and "Flou tar shei"

(There are a few more but those are the ones I could think of on top of my head)

The mini-alicorn pets Dusk and Dawn in the same game also seem to be references.

I believe that in The Amazing World of Gumball (HUGE fan here <3) there is actually a reference in the episode "The Pony". When Carrie takes the pony movie, and she says this:

tumblr_inline_nbtsxkBubZ1rvg9kl.gif

Besides that's SO me XD

Edited by Infernus
  • Brohoof 2

Has anybody ever seen these? I'm just curious, because I was watching The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, and Grim watching TV and My Little Pony was on. The only problem was that it wasn't G4, it was G1 or something.

I was bored when I started this topic, but share any info if you have any, I'd really like to see some.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3lc8mPuFpLs

Hi, as this thread isn't directly related to the show it has been moved to Sugarcube Corner.

Aside from "The Last Mabelcorn", there was also a short involving a movie called "Pony Heist". Which I think had the same premiere date as the first Equestria Girls movie.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, that was from Gravity Falls.

Edited by PGNatsu
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

From Shakes and Fidget Game

Click that pic :)

post-35903-0-34767100-1451235646_thumb.png

A Pink Pony named Bronycorn, with Friendship is Magic in the description, not much ambiguity there

Edited by BPCannon

Gravity Falls had an episode called The Last Mablecorn and there was a character named Celestabellebethabelle who not only has a similar name to Celestia, with a rainbow mane like her as well, has Rarity's cutie mark.

• Brohoof 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Sorry to revive this, but the latest Acquisitions Incorporated live D&D game had a kind of reference in it.  It may have been unintentional.  (Language warning, if you end up watching the rest of the video.)

The part in question takes place after the roll that they make shortly after 48:06 (the link should take you right there).  It's within about 12 seconds, after the crowd cheers:

https://youtu.be/PAOThExpuUM?t=2886

"You forgot that friendship is the greatest magic of all."

Homestuck featured it twice: First, when Dirk was introduced, it was shown that he likes Rainbow Dash and watches the show because of it. At a seperate time, when Meulin and Kurloz are communicating with sign language and memes, a short gif from MLP is used.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...