Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Wii Box art for a fake MLP RPG: Tales of Equestria

Toastypk

The setting, characters, and stories of MLPFIM fit really well with an RPG feel. I've been occassionally coming up with various ideas of how it would be like or how the story of it would be.

A few demos of RPGs have been made by some, and FF6 has been hacked to make Pony Fantasy 6, but I wanted to try something too. I'm not really a very good game maker, but I got the idea to make a box art for a fake game, so I could at least make something. I know this isn't technically fan art, it's more of a photoshopping, but it's probably ok if I show it anyway.. I think it looks pretty neat, tell me what you think about it!

img-1058012-1-aDUvj.jpg

A lot of graphical/game feel idea inspiriation, especially the name, came from the Tales of games. (Tales of Symphonia, Vesperia, so on) Even the name Tales of Equestria seems like it would fit. (although, in my idea it would likely be turn based like MLP Online or so)

I wanted the two marks of Celestia and Luna on the title graphic. Since the day/night stuff is prevelant.

I looked through many many fonts (which I'm extraordinarily picky about) to find something that seemed to really feel good for the name, I picked a few, I did some stuff to it, and this is the one I like. I also am wondering if I should add the elemnts of harmony someplace on it, but I'm not sure where.

I have an alternate version of the title graphic with instead of a brown background it's a gradiant with yellow to purple to dark blue, like day/night.

The background I got from Ponyville/Canterlot, and I mixed in this drawing of the mane 6 with Celestia and Nightmare Moon in the background. The pose seemed pretty good for the box. I could always change it though. I would link to the drawing used, but looking on derpibooru I can't seem to find it. It used to be on ponibooru but that's offline now. Anyone know what it is?

Also I'm wondering where I should put the regular My Little Pony logo. Near the top of the box? On the bottom with the Hasbro logo? I have it at that place right now.

I have a WIP back of the box too, have to find a good image or few to use for it, maybe some vectors of some of the main characters against a Canterlot background or something. The text talks about the day and night, and Celestia having to banish Nightmare Moon, with Twi having to stop her with her friends, also saying at that it's just the start of something more.

Any comments? Alterations? Suggestions?

Edited by Toastypk
  • Brohoof 4

It looks like you put a lot of time into this, I do like the inclusion of the moon and sun. I think you should stick with the brown background on the text as it makes it look more like a collection of tales, a story book if you will. I think keeping the logo where it is is probably the best course of action as it's out of the way and looks nice and tidy, and personally I wouldn't bother with the Elements of Harmoney because 1) You don't want to make it too cluttered and 2) It looks fine as it is.  :)

Edited by Archi

If this game were to actually be made (which would be completely awesome), What I think would be a good style for the gameplay is maybe something like Pokepark 2, where there is a storyline you follow, you explore the land of Equestria, finding each of Mane6, and overcoming obstacles and minigames that will require a certain pony of Mane6.

If this game were to actually be made (which would be completely awesome), What I think would be a good style for the gameplay is maybe something like Pokepark 2, where there is a storyline you follow, you explore the land of Equestria, finding each of Mane6, and overcoming obstacles and minigames that will require a certain pony of Mane6.

I'm thinking more of an RPG like Symphonia or something, each character would have their own sets of attacks and moves too, I have somewhat of an idea from like FF9 or FF6 too.

But yeah, big overworld maps, lots of locations, all that stuff.

Wow, you made that?! i suppose i shouldn't be surprised, what with the ridiculous amount of talent in da community, but...still. It looks so professional...!

Oh yeah, and if this was a real game, HELLZ YEAH I WOULD BUY IT :3