Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What were you scared of as a child?

noplsno

Snow plows were super terrifying to me when I was a child since they seemed like huge, noisy murder machines. :blink:

I was scared of a lot of things as a kid. Luckily, I've overcame most of these fears.

Spoiler

-Nightmare on Elm Street
My parents watched it, and although they didn't want me to watch it, I took a couple peeks.
Unfortunately, one of the scenes I saw was when Freddy's claw comes out of the bath tub.
Needless to say, I was scared to take baths after that.

-Coydogs
I haven't actually ever seen one, but the way everyone talked about them made them sound like werewolves.

-A Haunting
As a kid, this show used to freak me out. So much so, that I didn't want to be in a room alone.
Now as an adult, I can't stop laughing at it.

-Bears
Back when I used to camp, I'd always be too afraid to fall asleep. Cause I feared that a bear would show up.

-Goosebumps (TV Show): Don't Wake Mummy
This episode was probably the creepiest of the whole series, well at least for me it was.
I remember getting chills every time that asshole of a sister locks her brother in the cellar and the mummy rises up.

-Scooby Doo on Zombie Island
Two scenes really scared me as a kid. 
1. When they look back at the film and see the ghost.
2. When Shaggy and Scooby fall into the hole and find the skeleton,
only for a ghostly energy to reanimate the skeleton and have it walk towards them.

-Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
The Shadow Temple.in general was unsettling, but the music really brings it home. 
I had to mute the tv just to get through it. It made me feel so paranoid, like any second one of those bastard wallmasters/floormasters/ceilingmasters could
grab me and send me back to the beginning of the temple.

Going to the creek at night, but only after my mom told me the story of la Llorona. It freaked me out so much that now when I go to the river I still look over my shoulder to make sure the ghost isn't trying to kidnap me 

This is going to sound completely duplicitous, but I was quite the fearless child. I can't really recall anything I was particularly afraid of. I was always the one going head-first into everything. Dark places, scary pathways---I was overtly curious. That and most of the friends I had were a little more fearful and cautious in nature so I was brave for them too. Or I was a show-off. After all, I am a Leo

Wow, everypony were such scaredy cats. I wouldn't say I was fearless though. For some reason I was afraid off beating video games, cuz that was, like, the end. But now I realize that is simply life. All things come to an end :) even My Little Pony will end one day never to be rebooted again

• 4 months later...

I used to be scared of the Titanic wreck... weird, I know. I think it was mostly because it looked creepy to me. ;w; I'm not scared of it now that I'm older to be honest.

Washing machines. I was deathly afraid of washing machines. :wacko: I don't know why, but I just was. Especially if one was turned on and running. I must've been about 4 or 5. I would scream bloody murder if I had to be in the same room with one. That bizarre fear faded away into an even weirder obsession with mashing machines. I went from being terrified of them to downright mesmerized by them. Eventually I grew out of it. Weird. :laugh: