Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What were you scared of as a child?

noplsno

On 7/27/2018 at 4:33 PM, Tao said:

the idea of ufos taking me away as a kid!

Oh wow, I had this too. One time when I was at a friend's birthday party years ago, we decided to go outside in the late evening and it was rather dark already. For some reason I was absolutely sure that an alien ship would come by and abduct us. Needless to say that didn't happen.

I had a lot of weird fears, mostly related to sounds. And when I was very little, I was afraid of photos. :blink: I don't remember this myself, but my parents suspected I felt they were staring at me... :muffins:

• Brohoof 2

A really big one was the end of the world, that thought haunted me for 2-3 years when I was around 7. :sealed: But I was scared of other things as well, most are minor but there are also some major ones in there. Here's a short but uncompleted list of my fears when I was young:

• Movie theatres
  • Universal Studios
  • 3D animated cartoons
  • The home screen on the Wii
  • The Windows XP startup sound
  • Being in a store while it's about to hit closing time
  • Those silhouettes of people that you see on road signs
  • and etc.

3 minutes ago, Simply Cerberus said:

This clip

For some reason, I always watched it, even though it made me uneasy and scared every single time :P 

The number one trauma of every Finnish child for a couple of generations! :laugh:

For some reason, I had no problem watching the bear almost drowning, but the part where he said "Varokaa heikkoa jäätä" creeped me out

The original version was scarier and I think that's what I saw back in the day. :P

Spoiler

• Brohoof 3

2 minutes ago, Tacodidra said:

The number one trauma of every Finnish child for a couple of generations! :laugh:

For some reason, I had no problem watching the bear almost drowning, but the part where he said "Varokaa heikkoa jäätä" creeped me out

The original version was scarier and I think that's what I saw back in the day. :P

Reveal hidden contents

I don't remember which one I saw, maybe both, I just remember the feeling of eeriness and fear I experienced xD

• Brohoof 1

Strangely enough I feared death. This was before I understood Catholicism I thought about how there would be nothing. Of course my priorities were skewed and to me nothing meant no ice cream or toys. But that was it.

• 1 month later...

I was a huge hypochondria when I was little, I mostly was scared of cancer. Often when I just smelt cigarette smoke I would think I had loung cancer, it freaked me out so much that it even made me cry. I also often thought I felt something on my body that's not right, like a tiny bump, and I would think it might be a cancer tumor and would start to cry and freak out.

The start of the night also often made me uncomfortable, I was scared when being alone in a room, even with the lights on. I imagines scary people like murderers would hide there waiting until they were alone with me. Sometimes I would imagine quite disturbing things like a deformed or mutilated person or child suddenly clawling out from a hideout in the room, I know that's actually quite fucked up.

Stepping onto escalators really scared me, my parents always had to lift me onto the first step. 

My parents once left me in the car while it went through the car wash, when the car was clean I was sitting in it crying.

I never was scared of insects, except for the ones that can sting, like wasps and bees, but I was so scared of spiders if they weren't tiny, that fear dissapeared tho, now I don't even bother removing spiders in my room anymore. 

And OH GOD FUCK NEEDLES, I was scared of them, even now, if a person holding a syringe with a needle is in the same room as me, it still makes me super nervous.

6 minutes ago, TokyoAbsinthe said:

I was scared of a logo on a bottle of barbecue sauce. I felt the need to do a ritualistic dance so that it wouldn't come to life and kill me. :derp:

I think it's kinda funny that as children we often were scared of such weirdly specific things, I also refused to ever eat blood oranges, nice the idea of eating something with "blood" was horrible to me.

3 hours ago, Br O N Y said:

I also refused to ever eat blood oranges, nice the idea of eating something with "blood" was horrible to me.

My nephew is the same way! He refuses to try Tiger's Blood ice cream pops because he thinks it's made of actual "tiger's blood", and no amount of reassurance will convince him otherwise. :mlp_laugh:

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...