Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What were you scared of as a child?

noplsno

(edited)

A giant all consuming ball of light that used to chase me down the landing hall from the bathroom in the middle of the night. All sound would vanish and then suddenly it would appear and I'd run like heck. Still not sure if it was a nightmare or a hallucination. Outside of that, nothing really. Except maybe having the bunny boiler scene from Fatal Attraction stuck in my head for a good couple of years of my childhood.

Edited by Treeglow Flicker
  • Brohoof 1

l was scared of this black and white toy robot that had red glowy eyes and my brother, mother, and sisters would scare me with. The robot would make strange sounds that doesn't sound like a robot at all, so that's another thing l didn't like about it. My dad was the only one who wouldn't scare me with that robot.

Btw yes the robot can walk and move its arms

I was scared of anything that was thrown at me as being scary. Basically anything that was said to be dangerous. Airplanes crashing, vampires, drug addicts (hmm, I think it made me stay out of drugs because of the warning early on)

• Brohoof 3

This might sound strange, but I was always afraid of some character's voices in anime/cartoons. I remember watching Dragon Ball Z a lot when I was little. I remember during the Frieza saga, I watched the moments that Frieza transformed into different forms. Whenever I heard his voice, I would always freak out and turn the TV on mute. I think there was a preview of the next episode and got scared of Frieza's scream. I always was afraid that some character's would show up from out of the TV and take me away.

• Brohoof 1

I was paranoid that a bad man with a gun would come in my room and harm me. (Now that I look back on it there’s no way they’d get past my parents unless they climbed through the window. The window was pretty high up though.)

• Brohoof 2

On 7/13/2019 at 3:14 PM, mini said:

whenever i had to get out of bed, i'd jump from the bed so that the monsters under it couldn't grab my feet

I still do this 

• Brohoof 5

While real clowns that legitimately want to make people laugh NEVER scare me and I give them my best of luck in their sometimes unappreciated job, being around balloons make me anxious/nervous because I have a fear of a balloon popping. The sound makes me jump.

• 11 months later...
4 minutes ago, flurry said:

Lifts/elevators were scary they showed thesee things on tv where ppl got stuck in them on christmas day or in a fire and that. 

Oh I used to be scared of escalators. Lol so I was the exact opposite of you when I was a kid. 
Also most of my phobias were stemmed from childhood. Though the biggest is actually kind of funny now. 
As for other stuff. 
I used to be scared of a lot of things actually. Mostly embarrassing stuff. :adorkable:

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Larksy 💤🤐🏒🎈 said:

Oh I used to be scared of escalators. Lol so I was the exact opposite of you when I was a kid. 
Also most of my phobias were stemmed from childhood. Though the biggest is actually kind of funny now. 
As for other stuff. 
I used to be scared of a lot of things actually. Mostly embarrassing stuff. :adorkable:

Or you could just take stairs lulz

I can kinda see that with escalators but yeah I didn't find them scary lol though I tripped up on them a few times or sometimes I think i'm gonna get caught up in the gaps. And the times i accidentally went the wrong way lol. There was this story (not sure how accurate) that the first person to take the escalators in the london underground was a one legged man to show how safe they were 

Just now, flurry said:

Or you could just take stairs lulz

I can kinda see that with escalators but yeah I didn't find them scary lol though I tripped up on them a few times or sometimes I think i'm gonna get caught up in the gaps. And the times i accidentally went the wrong way lol. There was this story (not sure how accurate) that the first person to take the escalators in the london underground was a one legged man to show how safe they were 

Ahh. I think I saw like a rescue 911 thing about some kid getting injured or something because they got like their foot caught in an escalator o think so my little brain was all ‘nope’ when it came to them. It was either the stairs or elevators. 

When I was still being carried, I used to be scared that the person carrying was going to decide to just drop me. If it was near the oven, I was scared they would put me in there. Absolutely nothing could have caused this, these were just thoughts that came to my head.

Oh, and I was scared of car washes as well. Very.