Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Something That You Can't Go To Sleep With/Without?

Strawberry Tart

So, like the title says. What's something that has to be done before you can fall asleep? 

I feel like I'm not explaining this well enough, so...for me, when I'm in bed (I'm a side sleeper) the ear that is not laying on my pillow must be covered or I will not fall asleep. For some reason I don't feel safe otherwise. Also my room MUST be clean, or at least, the mess has to be somewhere where I can't see it. If not, my imagination starts being creative with the shapes and then I can't fall asleep 'cause I'm too scared. 

I can't sleep without watching tv first. That way I can go to sleep especially, when I have school the next day. I usually listen to music on weekends to sleep.

Awwe, man, while I rarely sleep I can't do it without my giant Chococat plushie. I NEED something to hug. XD

I also have to sleep on the floor; I hate soft beds. I used to sleep in my bathtub since I never use it but they said it would mess my spine up.

• Brohoof 1

I'll be completely honest: Lately I've been browsing/lurking mlp forums for like 20 minutes before I fall asleep. For whatever reason, it makes falling asleep easier.

• Brohoof 2

I can't really sleep without having my nightly cereal, and I normally watch videos on my ipod on youtube until I almost pass out(I've fell asleep while watching videos several times)

Nothing else I can think of right now. I use to have to watch TV before and while I was going to sleep, now its youtube, so I guess that carried over in a way.

I have to have a fan on. The total silence is torture and I can't clear my head. I have to have to have background noise. Sometimes I have to go a step further and read a but before bed as well.

• Brohoof 2

Mah Pinkeh plushie<3

I have a few of them, but I have a favorite one, and I simply cannot go to sleep without it. I have no idea how I was able to go to sleep without it before.

I try not to think about it... It's painful.

Edited by Urdnot Pinkie Pie

So, like the title says. What's something that has to be done before you can fall asleep? 

I feel like I'm not explaining this well enough, so...for me, when I'm in bed (I'm a side sleeper) the ear that is not laying on my pillow must be covered or I will not fall asleep. For some reason I don't feel safe otherwise. Also my room MUST be clean, or at least, the mess has to be somewhere where I can't see it. If not, my imagination starts being creative with the shapes and then I can't fall asleep 'cause I'm too scared. 

Rainbow Dash Vinyl placed on the alarm clock right next to me, and Rainbow Dash plushie cuddled up close to me, singing "At the gala" I swear to god this sounds so pathetic but I have been doing this three times a week every week for a year XD 

My music. I get my phone and earplugs, put them in my ears, lie down and turn some crazy dubstep crap on extremely loud. After a few minutes of that I turn it off and go to sleep. You can barely hear the stray dogs and cats fighting outside after this. ^_^

I can't fall asleep listening to music. The only time I remember to have fallen asleep listening to music was one time during a school trip. I was listening to jazz with my friend on is ipod and I fell asleep for a few minutes. I still listen to music sometimes before going to sleep. Clears my mind from other thoughts I'm having, and allows my to fall asleep more easily. However, I would have to stop the music before I fall asleep. The act of listening to music helps me feel sleepy, but can almost never help me fall asleep entirely. 

My closet door has to be closed before I go to sleep. If it is not closed, I would get off bed to close it, regardless whatever sleepy state I'm in. 

I can't sleep without a T.V Though I usually substitute that for youtube on my phone. If I can't have either of those then I atleast need music. Otherwise the silent just drives me crazy and my brain becomes to active to relax. (Shouldn't it be somewhat the opposite ?) I also normally think of everything to come my way the next day based on what I did the previous.

Generally speaking I can't go to sleep without watching cartoons. I know it's actually unhealthy to fall asleep to a TV but if I don't have something on my TV my mind races and I find myself not being able to fall asleep because I start thinking way too much.

Also unhealthy but I also find myself getting really hungry right before bedtime. I know that's probably the worst time of the day to eat but I can't help myself. I also have an addiction to milk (probably why I'm so fat. LOL) so sometimes I drink that and it settles my tummy when I can't find anything to eat.

Just a couple things:

-Water. Generally, your mouth will get dry when sleeping, and I dont wanna get up in the middle of the night, or early in morning just to refresh myself.

-I need cool spots on my bed and pillow. It just relaxes me more for some reason.

-If I feel the need to do anything before I sleep, I must do it. Sometimes, I got a bad habit of just playing my video games until I'm tired of it.

(edited)

Rainbow Dash Vinyl placed on the alarm clock right next to me, and Rainbow Dash plushie cuddled up close to me, singing "At the gala" I swear to god this sounds so pathetic but I have been doing this three times a week every week for a year XD 

I think you've got the word "pathetic" confused with "awesome". (And anyway, I fall asleep hugging my dragon pillow pet named Sir William the First, so you're fine).

Is the rainbow dash plushie any good as the quality goes? 'Cause I've seen some really ugly plushies at Target.

Just a couple things:

-Water. Generally, your mouth will get dry when sleeping, and I dont wanna get up in the middle of the night, or early in morning just to refresh myself.

-I need cool spots on my bed and pillow. It just relaxes me more for some reason.

-If I feel the need to do anything before I sleep, I must do it. Sometimes, I got a bad habit of just playing my video games until I'm tired of it.

-I hate getting water at night. I'd rather be thirsty because if I drink water, then I get up super early to pee, and then I can't go back to sleep. That's only on the weekends though (I have to get up at 6 on week days so that doesn't matter).

-Pretty much everyone likes cool spots because the human brain falls asleep easier if you have cool spots somewhere. 

Edited by Strawberry Tart

I think you've got the word "pathetic" confused with "awesome". (And anyway, I fall asleep hugging my dragon pillow pet named Sir William the First, so you're fine).

Is the rainbow dash plushie any good as the quality goes? 'Cause I've seen some really ugly plushies at Target.

The Dashie plushie is great quality and was made for me as a gift, and thank you for the understanding :P The songs have never lost their wonder or quality, and I love them to this day

• Brohoof 1

just having a general feeling of comfort. if i go to bed with a good mindset, i.e. i feel happy, content, having an calm and pleased stomach, the room feeling well-conditioned, the bed not being riddled with crumbs, the rest of the house is at peace... when i feel comfortable going to sleep and falling asleep, i can fall asleep peacefully.

The curtains must be absolutely completely closed. I absolutely can't stand it if they're open even a crack. It just really doesn't sit well with me.

Random LED lights in the dark really annoy me too, I always cover them with a sock or a blanket.

Door has to be closed.

Radio must be tuned to absolute perfection. Any little bit of static in the background, I'm on that tuning wheel quick as a flash to make it sound clearer than crystal.

I generally have a lot of trouble getting to sleep, but I find that reading before helps me a lot. It still takes me at least a couple of hours to fall asleep once I've put the book down, but it's a lot better then otherwise. I think It helps me take my mind off deadlines and work. As much as I love sleeping, I sometimes wish didn't have too. 

I also have a bat bunny plushie, but that's another story. ._.

I cant get to sleep without my Rainbow Dash plushie. I crashed at my best friends house and had to take rd with me, I told him if he made any jokes I would kill him in his sleep (he knows Im a brony and is accepting of it but makes jokes every so often ).

• Brohoof 1