Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Something That You Can't Go To Sleep With/Without?

Strawberry Tart

Something intangible: a clear conscience.

If you know you did something bad, or you feel bad about something that did or didn't happen to you, it's hard going to sleep. Hence people ask one who has done something wrong, "how do you sleep at night?"

I'm not trying to be weird or sexy here, but I can't sleep naked. It's impossible. I'm married, and after "This and That" I have to be in my PJs before I can fall asleep. Also, I can't have it totally silent. I usually put on a CD and let it play softly while I'm falling asleep.

A glass of water, a quick trip to the bathroom a reasonable amount of silence too much noise is distracting but deafening silence can get a little creepy sometimes. And of course I have to be able to turn my brain off, I can sometimes have trouble getting to sleep if I am stressed out.

I can't go to bed without my tv on

Same! I usually just turn off the satellite and it brings up the Dish screen.

It's quite, but I like the light.

Oh, I can't sleep with my door open either. ^^"

I have a hard time going to sleep without my boyfriend... We usually cuddle until I fall asleep then he kisses my forehead and goes back to his house.

That and I have a hard time going to sleep with any type of long pajama pants on. I just don't like the feeling of them when I sleep because when I wear them I can't feel the fuzziness of my blanket :3 

It needs to be dark, or else it will bug me and it will be hard for me to get to sleep. Also, I always have a bottle of water near me, cause I'm always really thirsty if I wake up in the middle of the night or in the morning.

• 4 years later...

I need a fan to sleep. It balances out the warmth of the blankets with cool air on my face. Plus I need the back ground noise or else I hear everything else that's going on in the house. 

I need my vent partially closed or else it gets too hot.

I also need to check for cats before I close my door. 

I need my window covered up, because street lights are deceptively bright and I tend to sleep in, so the morning light needs to be blocked out too. 

And a big enough blanket. Like one big enough to cover me completely. If not, then I'll need two.

And of course my Queen Chrysalis body pillow. Super comfy. 

I can't sleep without an electric fan running next to my bed. I must have white noise or I can't fall asleep. I need my body pillow too; I have to have something to grapple with when I'm snoozing. 

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Brohoof 2

I am surprised that so many here need a fan when they sleep. For me, it must be really quiet (I even turn my fan off in summer when I go to sleep) and also dark (I even cover up the LEDs in my room or turning them off). Moreover, I can not sleep with an open door, a closed window and clothes. I also need at minimum one thin blanket and two pillows.

My boyfriend's flannel shirt....:twismile: Even though I take it off in my sleep sometime in the middle of the night, I can't get to sleep in the first place without wearing it to bed. 

Edited by Lucky Bolt

• 2 weeks later...