Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Something That You Can't Go To Sleep With/Without?

Strawberry Tart

In order to sleep I need my bed sheets which I am used to and a comfortable bed altogether.

What I don't want is anyone else in my bed or even in my room and especially: Mosquitoes

I hate those things so much, when I hear one I will stay up and hunt it down, no matter if it takes the whole night. Even if I cover myself up in multiple layers of blankets, If I hear that buzzing I will totally freak out.

So well, yes, I don't need anything else to sleep. I can sleep without my favorite pillow, I can sleep without my favorite blanket, I can also sleep with loud music and lights on.

I just... need to be alone.

• Brohoof 1

The curtains must be absolutely completely closed. I absolutely can't stand it if they're open even a crack. It just really doesn't sit well with me.

Random LED lights in the dark really annoy me too, I always cover them with a sock or a blanket.

Door has to be closed.

Radio must be tuned to absolute perfection. Any little bit of static in the background, I'm on that tuning wheel quick as a flash to make it sound clearer than crystal.

Wow, I'm the same way with the first three. For me, it's mainly that I can't sleep with any light or noise. A bit of light's alright, I guess, I just prefer it not to be there. With inconsistent noise (so a fan or something doesn't count), I feel that it's impossible to get to sleep.

• Brohoof 1

I cant get to sleep without my Rainbow Dash plushie. I crashed at my best friends house and had to take rd with me, I told him if he made any jokes I would kill him in his sleep (he knows Im a brony and is accepting of it but makes jokes every so often ).

(edited)

The curtains must be absolutely completely closed. I absolutely can't stand it if they're open even a crack. It just really doesn't sit well with me.

Random LED lights in the dark really annoy me too, I always cover them with a sock or a blanket.

Door has to be closed.

Radio must be tuned to absolute perfection. Any little bit of static in the background, I'm on that tuning wheel quick as a flash to make it sound clearer than crystal.

I agree with the top two things you said.  I cannot have my blinds open. But with me, they have to be turned a certain way or else I can see the tree in my yard and it looks like slenderman...I can't have any lights, either. But my door has to be open (in case someone comes through the window, I can just run out. Plus I'm scared of complete darkness. 

In order to sleep I need my bed sheets which I am used to and a comfortable bed altogether.

What I don't want is anyone else in my bed or even in my room and especially: Mosquitoes

I hate those things so much, when I hear one I will stay up and hunt it down, no matter if it takes the whole night. Even if I cover myself up in multiple layers of blankets, If I hear that buzzing I will totally freak out.

So well, yes, I don't need anything else to sleep. I can sleep without my favorite pillow, I can sleep without my favorite blanket, I can also sleep with loud music and lights on.

I just... need to be alone.

I actually like sleeping with people in my bed (NOTHING SEXUAL). My room is really small and my bed is a full-size so it can easily fit two people, especially with sleepovers. I feel safer. But if another person sleeps in my bed we always make a "great wall of pillows" between us  :P

I generally have a lot of trouble getting to sleep, but I find that reading before helps me a lot. It still takes me at least a couple of hours to fall asleep once I've put the book down, but it's a lot better then otherwise. I think It helps me take my mind off deadlines and work. As much as I love sleeping, I sometimes wish didn't have too. 

I also have a bat bunny plushie, but that's another story. ._.

Really, I used to have a bunny plushie, and still do, but she's (oh yes, she has a gender and even a name) been replaced by the much more huggable Sir William the First (aforementioned in another post on this thread. he's a dragon pillowpet).

Edited by Strawberry Tart

I can fall asleep to anything unless it's intentional. If I TRY to fall asleep, I wind up awake all night. I could be listening to Iron Maiden at a volume loud enough to kill a person while watching Doctor Who, and I'll fall asleep. If I turn off the lights and get in bed, I stay awake for hours.

I cant get to sleep without my Rainbow Dash plushie. I crashed at my best friends house and had to take rd with me, I told him if he made any jokes I would kill him in his sleep (he knows Im a brony and is accepting of it but makes jokes every so often ).

What plushie do you have? Post a picture or link? I don't know if you have tried it, but Rainbow Dash plushies give the best cuddles of the Mane 6 plushies.

• Brohoof 1

I actually like sleeping with people in my bed (NOTHING SEXUAL). My room is really small and my bed is a full-size so it can easily fit two people, especially with sleepovers. I feel safer. But if another person sleeps in my bed we always make a "great wall of pillows" between us  :P

Really, I used to have a bunny plushie, and still do, but she's (oh yes, she has a gender and even a name) been replaced by the much more huggable Sir William the First (aforementioned in another post on this thread. he's a dragon pillowpet).

I haven't named mine, I don't really feel the need to, I bought it when I was 18 and it's been on my bed since. Plus, it has a little ":3" face, which makes me happy.

Also, I kind have to kind of agree on the sleeping with people thing, Only I've never done with a pillow wall before. It usually just involves cuddles (again, not sexual). Only really happens if someone askes though, seeing as a lot of guys/girls don't like it much and I feel awkward being the one to ask. :I

Edited by Hansel

My fan on, because I have tinnitus(ringing ears) and being in silence makes it unbearably deafening, and a lamp because my house is pretty big and old, so it's maddeningly pitch black without any light. 

Nothing like waking up to a blown bulb and going:

OH MY GOD, I"VE GONE BLIND, 

1) The fan has to be on, even if it's not pointing anywhere near me or if it's already to cold. Just need the white noise. If it's raining, then I try to use the rain instead. I've tried music and tv but they just don't work for me.

2) It has to be cold enough for me to use the bed comforter. I feel too naked without it and can't get to sleep comfortably when I'm hot. Those paper thin sheets just don't do it for me.

3) I need something huggable or else I have a hard time figuring out what to do with my arms.

Of course, if I'm extremely tired than none this matters cause I'll just pass out as soon as I lay down.

What plushie do you have? Post a picture or link? I don't know if you have tried it, but Rainbow Dash plushies give the best cuddles of the Mane 6 plushies.

I got her off of ebay she was only cheap the link to the sale page is dead so I will take a picture of her tomorrow and I only have rainbow dash so I cant speak for the rest of the mane 6 but hugs with rainbow dash helps me get to sleep better then most sleeping pills do. :wub:  

Well, i can't sleep withou hearing music before and when i am going to sleep,i mean, it feel so good, and i have different dreams according to the music that i hear when sleeping  :)

This is going to make me sound very weird... But there is a reason for it... but I can't sleep without light and noise. I've actually always liked leaving my radio or TV on, and leaving my closet light on. But recently it has become something i have to have. Several years ago this wasn't the case, I left them on because I was still scared of the dark. lol (then again, I still am... xD)

Otherwise I have to have like a billion pillows, and I can't sleep when it's too warm.

Edited by Envy

I used to be addicted to (still kind of am) to the over the counter sleeping pill Diphenhydramine. I have chronic sleeplessness, as well as sleep apnea, and with depression and anxiety, well sleep has always been my arch nemisis. I can't say there's anything I need before I go to sleep, but I do like to look at all the Warhammer miniatures I've painted which always cheers me up a little, and while in bed I try to think about Warhammer as much as possible... for whatever reason that does the trick for me. As long as I don't think about stressful stuff I'm usually ok.

I always go to sleep with pens (Pilot G-2!) and instrumental rock.  The music helps drown out any sounds which might keep me up; the pens are in case I wake up with an idea that I need to write down before I forget.

I've been "keeping track" of those ideas for a good year now, and the only useful thing I've thought of was "use canned air on own laptop fan."  Ah, well.

All I need is complete darkness. I can't sleep if there's even a tiny bit of light. Even the light that comes in from the crack under my door is too much light.

I have to have some sort of noise to fall asleep. It doesn't matter if its a fan, the hum of a computer, or music, but without noise, I can't sleep.

I also can't have too much light. I acutually have to cover up the power light on my computer because it is too bright.

Usually, before I fall asleep, I listen to music off my phone, it calms me down and helps ease my mind a bit.

I can't sleep when I think about bad things going on.

I also can't sleep without music. Be it whatever genre I like at the time.

I wish I had a plushie to cuddle like you guys.  Even if I'm a guy.

I have to have a fan on me, no matter what. I also sleep with 3 blankets and 3 pillows arranged in a random assortment. It's a bit counterproductive to have a fan and multiple blankets, but that's what works for me.

Music isn't mandatory, but I do leave some on a few nights a week at least.

I gotta listen to some music while drifting off, preferably something along the lines of Pink Floyd or Gorillaz. Y'know, just something to help mellow out the experience of just waiting to sleep.

I um...well honestly I dont really know. 

I can fall asleep almost anywhere, anytime. I suppose the only thing for me is I have to be in a sleeping bag - even in my bed :P long story. 

I suppose if there's anything that keeps me up it's being thirsty or hungry - other than that i'll fall asleep eventually. 

Whenever I want to go to sleep though, for as long as I can remember I need to be wanting to sleep for at least 30 minutes before my mind settles into it. No matter how tired I am. 

I always need to watch an anime episode or MLP episode play a quick internet game and resarch random stuff on the internet. i then put on some talk radio(right now its the smodcast podcast station) maybe talk to the voices in my head and then fall asleep.

I have to have a fan blowing on me, for two reasons.

1: I sleep better cold, I'm like a bear, I hibernate.

2: I can't sleep if it's too quiet, I need some white noise.

:)

• Brohoof 1