Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Any other Vocaloid fans out there?

pegasister101

Hey all you Bronies out there!

The title here is quite self explanatory so feel free to reply!  :)

My best friend was always going on and on about this weird Japanese group called Vocaloid and i usually just ignored her till she went back to, well, normal. One day we were hanging out in my basement when she started on one of her rants about them again. I finally just decided to ask her what the heck Vocaloid even was. She started freaking out and showed me her personal fav. This was a live concert on YouTube of Hatsune Miku singing "The World Is Mine". Im telling you now, i absolutely HATED IT. She couldn't understand why i hated it so much so she showed me "I Refuse" and "Pantsunagerumon" and now i love Vocaloid! Both me and my best friend have started to learn the language and its so much fun! I've had a blast with this group and their music and I just wanted to see if anyone out there liked them too!  :D

I'm usually not a big fan of Vocaloid' s music, and I don't know much about it, but there was this Vocaloid Alice of Human Suffering thing I saw on YouTube, and it was pretty good. At least for me, with Vocaloid, I have trouble discerning fan content from real stuff, so it might of just been a creepy fan video based on it. I really don't know. Other then that, most of what I've heard hasn't been bad, but it wasn't great either.

• Brohoof 1

I wouldn't call myself a fan, per se, but I would say that I enjoy them. The only one I even know the name of us Hatsune (seriously, who doesn't know that name?) but I'd really rather like being introduced to other vocaloids.

• Brohoof 1

I've said this before, and I'll say it again:

Well, I guess technically that wasn't saying a whole lot, and character counting software tends to be very technical :/

• Brohoof 1

You mean this video? it's still rather impressive, seeing that the hologram thing is barely catching on in the U.S.

Yeah, I must of spent a whole year in Gelbooru wondering what that whole Vocaloid thing was all about. Because 80'000 images on that topic alone? freaking insane, but cool at the same time.

Edited by SrFrog
  • Brohoof 1

Not really, but I do have an interest in Hatsune Miku. She's iconic, with her green hair and whatnot, plus even though her music seems out of what I'd generally listen to, it fits in quite nice with my music collection somehow :)

• Brohoof 1

man, it' so big here, people are fighting for a limited edition Hatsune Miku doll all over the place, it's wild.

I'm no fan, used to until I was annoyed by it. But there are things mainly in the Western world that drives me crazy

1. Vocaloid is NOT an anime

2. Vocaloid is NOT a Band (may be used by a band)

Vocaloid is a program where songs are made by many different artists.

I personally like Megpoid Gumi, but I'm not fond with Vocaloid 3's interface, it felt unpromising

• Brohoof 1

I like Vocaloid a lot, but I wouldn't call myself a fan. And I have listened to it less, recently, because it's so hard to find songs I like.

I'd say what's my favorite song, but I just couldn't decide. I have made a playlist in youtube with some of my favorite vocaloid songs, and it's big. And it's just some, not all my favorites.

• Brohoof 1

MikuMikuMikuMiku

Amazing stuff. Love love love love it. Favorite song probably Stargazer or Love Words... by the way there are many more vocaloids, not just Miku. Most are pretty good.

• Brohoof 1

MikuMikuMikuMiku

Amazing stuff. Love love love love it. Favorite song probably Stargazer or Love Words... by the way there are many more vocaloids, not just Miku. Most are pretty good.

Stargazer. Oh man, I had forgotten that song, that one is awesome. Thanks :D

And yeah, there are lots of Vocaloids. I have to say, my favorites are Rin and Len, specially when they are together.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

man, it' so big here, people are fighting for a limited edition Hatsune Miku doll all over the place, it's wild.

I'm no fan, used to until I was annoyed by it. But there are things mainly in the Western world that drives me crazy

1. Vocaloid is NOT an anime

2. Vocaloid is NOT a Band (may be used by a band)

Vocaloid is a program where songs are made by many different artists.

I personally like Megpoid Gumi, but I'm not fond with Vocaloid 3's interface, it felt unpromising

ya i really like Gumi's voice! Nero is my favorite though... its kinda squeaky yet not really annoying.

I like Vocaloid a lot, but I wouldn't call myself a fan. And I have listened to it less, recently, because it's so hard to find songs I like.

I'd say what's my favorite song, but I just couldn't decide. I have made a playlist in youtube with some of my favorite vocaloid songs, and it's big. And it's just some, not all my favorites.

me too. Im starting to get a little tiny bit annoyed at how frickin high their voices go but i still like them.

My favorite songs, hmmmm..... are probably "Difficult Love" By Gumi, "Meltdown" By Kaito, "Fear Garden" By Rin, "Pon Pon" By Len (i think) and a few more but i dont want to bore you all half to death droning on about that crap sooooo yup. Thats about it.

My Favorite character shippings are Kaito x Miku and Len x Rin <3 <3 <3

You mean this video? it's still rather impressive, seeing that hologram thing is barely catching on in the U.S.

Yeah, I must of spent a whole year in Gelbooru wondering what that whole Vocaloid thing was all about. Because 80'000 images on that topic alone? freaking insane, but cool at the same time.

oh and ya that would be the one! :) Just at the time i thought that it was really really weird and had absolutely NO interest. at least not until i saw a couple other videos... And i have messed around with MMD before and it is really impressive to make the movement so smooth and perfect! and to make the voice sound that good for all of these live performances..... man. thats what i call JELLY! :D

Edited by pegasister101

No love for IA...

IA is my favorite, character design wise and just the way she sounds.  The first vocaloid(s) I ever heard of was Len and Rin, from a twincest fan .-.
Either way, I listen to really any music, so Vocaloid's just something else on my ipod :P

• Brohoof 1

Considering I'm huge into metal and indie rock people don't normally see me as liking Vocaloid, but I do-particularily the really poppy songs (like "Melt", "Butterfly on my Right Shoulder", and especially "Kocchi Muite Baby". XD)

My favourite song? That's tough. I've always been really fond of "Alice"-the Hatsune Miku one, gorgeous-and "Black Rock Shooter" because I always want to dance XD

I'm also really fond of the "Cantarella" and "Cendrillon" duets with any singers :P

My favourite singers vary on genre.

• Brohoof 1

No love for IA...

IA is my favorite, character design wise and just the way she sounds.  The first vocaloid(s) I ever heard of was Len and Rin, from a twincest fan .-.

Either way, I listen to really any music, so Vocaloid's just something else on my ipod :P

IA is a great character! i love her design too btw! :) The braids and the way her outfit just fits to her personality so well... i just really like it all together. Her outfit on MMD is a little choppy in movements but other than that i love her! She's a really fun one to experiment and mess around with on the program.

• Brohoof 1

Oh vocaloid, how I love you. :D

Have a lot of songs on my playlist, mostly Miku ones. Evn jined Mikubook  and liked Miku's and Vocaloid's FB page in order to stay informed

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

I am a vocaloid fan my favorite song is butterfly on your right shoulder and I have even made a vocaloid version of my oc midnight

• Brohoof 1

OMG I LOVE VOCALOID!!!My favorite character is Miki and right now i'm listening to iNSaNiTY by Miki and Kaito!!!Thats my favorite song ever,and now its stuck in my head :) Go ahead and add me as a friend!!!img-1369822-1-UNZJLhS.png derpy_emoticon1.png laugh.png wub.png

~MLPFan14

• Brohoof 1

I am a vocaloid fan my favorite song is butterfly on your right shoulder and I have even made a vocaloid version of my oc midnight

I like that song too. :D Pretty good one, that's for sure! And really? That rocks! 

Oh good lord, how I've forgotten about vocaloids, they used to be a guilty pleasure of mine that I didn't feel about, and besides isn't it fun to annoy your friends with Triple Baka?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRQTZC3uNW4

Oh geez, you have no idea!! All my friends HATE Triple Baka now! XD That's how much I play/sing it now days.

OMG I LOVE VOCALOID!!!My favorite character is Miki and right now i'm listening to iNSaNiTY by Miki and Kaito!!!Thats my favorite song ever,and now its stuck in my head smile.png Go ahead and add me as a friend!!!img-1527880-1-img-1369822-1-UNZJLhS.png img-1527880-2-derpy_emoticon1.png img-1527880-3-laugh.png img-1527880-4-wub.png

~MLPFan14

Not a bad song either! Kaito is the hottest Vocaloid in my opinion. ;)  And ah.... Kay. :catface:

Whoa whoa insanity is a vocal lid song aw yea I love even more now I can talk in Japanese because of vocaloid (ps pegasister101 oe of the reasons I friended you is because I saw vocaloid in you interests)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I guess i can consider myself a fan of Vocaloid, i've it on my playlist from time to time but i primarily get the dose from games like Osu! x)

Not sure if i can find a favorite of mine but Weekender Girl is quite a good one.

Edited by Jonke
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I know Sega shat it with both Valkyria Chronicles and Yazuka, but I still got that hope that one day they might reconsider localizing Project Diva. Not that I wouldn't consider importing the thing, it's just that it gimmes me hope that they'll bring some of their other games too. Plus, for a rhythm game it looks pretty awesome...

Edit: Scratch that, they've actually anounced the thing for a US release today.

Edited by SrFrog
  • Brohoof 2

I love Hastune Miku! I think she is probably my favorite. I heard "World Is Mine" and I loved it XD. Even though I have no clue what the heck she is saying.

• Brohoof 1