Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

263 users have voted

1. 1. And in your opinion, who IS Lyra?

• Just a background pony who sits awkwardly.
    • Bon Bon's BPFF (best pony friend forever).
    • A great lyre player who knows Octavia.
    • A pony who is secretly curious about humans.
    • A pony who wants to BE human.
    • Other?

On 5/22/2017 at 9:31 PM, Sparklefan1234 said:

an official "Lyra Day" since their isn't one on Equestria Daily

Does Equestria Daily have a list of those, or some way to look up what ponies have official days?

Also, remind me not to make Lyra mad?

32725.png
by "Ripfrost"

• Brohoof 3

Lyra and Bonbon Day? Best pony doesn't even get a day all to herself? D:

5928b7ae53b9d_LyraDay.PNG.d47e499e56152997035be706934ad5c3.PNG

International Kissing Day? o_O
"Hasn't Happened Yet!"
Ok, hasn't happened, July 6, that gives me just over a month to forge some plan to fix this catastrophe situation.

Don't worry Lyra, there's still hope.
Lyra Heartstrings - Coloured by Codaulux
by "Codaulux"

• Brohoof 3

3 minutes ago, Totally Lyra said:

Lyra and Bonbon Day? Best pony doesn't even get a day all to herself? D:

5928b7ae53b9d_LyraDay.PNG.d47e499e56152997035be706934ad5c3.PNG

International Kissing Day? o_O
"Hasn't Happened Yet!"
Ok, hasn't happened, July 6, that gives me just over a month to forge some plan to fix this catastrophe situation.

Don't worry Lyra, there's still hope.
Lyra Heartstrings - Coloured by Codaulux
by "Codaulux"

Awwww.

Since I'm only a baby, I hate seeing a full grown mare cry. Makes me shed a few tears myself.

Don't go out like this, Lyra! Your time will come!

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

@Totally Lyra @Little Flyer

Y'know,

just because, it says "Lyra & Bon Bon Day" happens on a certain day that doesn't mean we have to follow what everypony else is doing.

@ChB & I even came up with a special day for Lyra's friend, Minuette since their isn't one listed on EQD to the best of our knowledge.

happy_minuette_and_lyra_by_oliminor-d6gq

Happy Minuette and Lyraby Oliminor

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 3

11 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

@Totally Lyra @Little Flyer

Y'know,

just because, it says "Lyra & Bon Bon Day" happens on a certain day that doesn't mean we have to follow what everypony else is doing.

@ChB & I even came up with a special day for Lyra's friend, Minuette which isn't listed on EQD to the best of my knowledge.

happy_minuette_and_lyra_by_oliminor-d6gq

Happy Minuette and Lyraby Oliminor

Yeah, I suppose that's true. It bugs me a bit though, everypony in that list has a solid reason for being on their specific day, Spike on Dragon Appreciation Day, Celestia on the Summer Solstice, etc. But Lyra and Bonbon on International Kissing Day? They could've put pretty much any ship there, it feels so generic. Surely there's some It's Great To Be Human Day or something.

Woops, ranted a bit there. Apologies. :lie:

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

@Totally Lyra

You're right it is pretty weird considering Lyra has her own "gimmick" and everything.

I'm just as confused as to why they chose "National Kissing Day" to celebrate Lyra & Bon Bon as you are, also.

morning_by_nadnerbd-d8wqib9.png

Morningby NadnerbD

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 3

@Sparklefan1234

It wouldn't be hard to find a day for Bonbon either if they split them apart.

On a side note, I was looking for days that would work for Lyra and I stumbled across a Global Handwashing Day. Is it just me or is that something that shouldn't have one day a year for it, like hopefully people wash they're hands (more than once) every day. ^_^

Lyra - Y u no hands? by Yanoda
by "Yanoda"

• Brohoof 3

(edited)
31 minutes ago, Totally Lyra said:

@Sparklefan1234

It wouldn't be hard to find a day for Bonbon either if they split them apart.

On a side note, I was looking for days that would work for Lyra and I stumbled across a Global Handwashing Day. Is it just me or is that something that shouldn't have one day a year for it, like hopefully people wash they're hands (more than once) every day. 

You'd think they'd've given Bon Bon a day like "International Chocolate Day" (September 17th) or "Chocolate Day" (July 7th)

& give Lyra Heartstrings her own day to herself.

As for the handwashing thing, you'd think people wouldn't need a day to be reminded about that but, there it is.

background_pony___lyra_in_the_unsung_rea

Background Pony - Lyra in the Unsung Realmby Shovrike

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 3

@Sparklefan1234

That picture reminds me, I still need to finish reading that fanfic. I got a few chapters in and stopped for some reason.

Also I think this is how I'll solve the Lyra Day problem. July 6 can be Lyra and Bonbon Day. But we'll just have to have an additional day every year devoted to purely Lyra. September 26th could work as you suggested, but I'll also put forward the suggestion of March 17th. Good ol' luck of the Lyrish.

Commission: Lyra Pillow Back by TheParagon
by "TheParagon"

• Brohoof 3

12 minutes ago, Totally Lyra said:

@Sparklefan1234

That picture reminds me, I still need to finish reading that fanfic. I got a few chapters in and stopped for some reason.

Also I think this is how I'll solve the Lyra Day problem. July 6 can be Lyra and Bonbon Day. But we'll just have to have an additional day every year devoted to purely Lyra. September 26th could work as you suggested, but I'll also put forward the suggestion of March 17th. Good ol' luck of the Lyrish.

Plus, Lyra won't even need to wear green because, she already is green.

hoodie_lyra_by_fimvisible-d5toasz.png

Hoodie Lyraby FiMvisible

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

@ChB 

Y'know combining the special days for both Lyra Heartstrings & Minuette wouldn't be such a bad idea, IMO.

Now, let's gather 'round the campfire and sing our campfire song our C-A-M-P-F-I-R-E  S-O-N-G song. ;)

backgroung_pony_by_maxca-d5vx1r1.png

Backgroung Ponyby WolfyPon

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 4

(edited)
1 hour ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Yeah, I like Lyra and sort of like Bon Bon, but I don't like the ship (except in the friendly sense). Sorry Lyrabon fans. 

And just to clarify, I don't ship Lyra and Minuette, either. I just think that they could make a good musical duet, if Minuette can play the piano or something. 

lyra_heartstrings_and_her_lyre_by_demmon

Lyra Heartstrings and Her Lyre by Demmon1

Edited by ChB
  • Brohoof 5

2 minutes ago, ChB said:

Yeah, I like Lyra and sort of like Bon Bon, but I don't like the ship (except in the friendly sense). Sorry Lyrabon fans.

My thoughts exactly. Pretty much the main reason I'm not a fan of Lyra and Bonbon Day being on "International Kissing Day".

You know, there's another pony I've been a fan of for a while who's been growing on me even more lately. So underappreciated, and the content of her out there is a bit on the lacking side. We need more for this pair of ponies. (not necessarily as a pair, but this is Lyra's fanclub so we can't go leaving her out)

Lyra and Rose's Prank by Why485
by "Why485"

• Brohoof 5

7 minutes ago, ChB said:

And just to clarify, I don't ship Lyra and Minuette, either. I just think that they could make a good musical duet, if Minuette can play the piano or something. 

I don't ship Minuette and Lyra Heartstrings either but, they are my two favorite former background ponies.

lyra_goes_up_to_11_by_coin_trip39-d5tgmv

Lyra goes up to 11by Coin-Trip39

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

@ChB

Thank You!

What made me think Lyra traveled between demensions was the gif I put in the spoiler

plus, the fact that we never see both Lyra's in the same place. (Like, Superman & Clark Kent.)

Spoiler

1146231__safe_pinkie+pie_clothes_equestr

best_pony_by_adcoon-d7cjkiu.png

Best Ponyby adcoon

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 4