Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

263 users have voted

1. 1. And in your opinion, who IS Lyra?

• Just a background pony who sits awkwardly.
    • Bon Bon's BPFF (best pony friend forever).
    • A great lyre player who knows Octavia.
    • A pony who is secretly curious about humans.
    • A pony who wants to BE human.
    • Other?

On 7/14/2017 at 7:00 PM, ChB said:

@Totally Lyra What's your favorite Lyra moment?

Also, nice avatar! ;) 

Thanks! :D

Interesting question, but I think I can say with certainty her very first scene.
Right here. (sorry, couldn't find a bigger gif)
thumb.gif

Sure it's a simple act, but being friendly and waving to Twilight even though she's never acknowledged. They've known each other since they were fillies, so I'm sure this is far from the first time Twi's ignored her. In fact I'd hazard a guess Twi almost never notices her. But still, Lyra doesn't hold it against her and is probably just as excited and friendly each time.

Also look at that surprised look when Twilight just runs by. Like I said, this probably happens a lot, but Lyra doesn't look hurt that her friend always ignores her. It's like she's already forgiven her and they're best friends again in Lyra's mind, and she's just as happy to see her and say hi as always.

Yeah, that's a lot of speculation, but isn't that where everything we know about background ponies starts?

• Brohoof 4

(edited)
14 minutes ago, Totally Lyra said:

Sure it's a simple act, but being friendly and waving to Twilight even though she's never acknowledged. They've known each other since they were fillies, so I'm sure this is far from the first time Twi's ignored her. In fact I'd hazard a guess Twi almost never notices her. But still, Lyra doesn't hold it against her and is probably just as excited and friendly each time.

Also look at that surprised look when Twilight just runs by. Like I said, this probably happens a lot, but Lyra doesn't look hurt that her friend always ignores her. It's like she's already forgiven her and they're best friends again in Lyra's mind, and she's just as happy to see her and say hi as always.

Yeah, that's a lot of speculation, but isn't that where everything we know about background ponies starts?

Lyra  handles being ignored & pushed into the background like a champ.

Super Happy Lyra by Moonbrony
Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2017 at 2:09 PM, Totally Lyra said:

Thanks! :D

Interesting question, but I think I can say with certainty her very first scene.
Right here. (sorry, couldn't find a bigger gif)
thumb.gif

Sorry for the late reply, but I have to say, that is one of the most interesting observations I've ever heard! I never noticed that Twilight never noticed Lyra. I don't recall her even talking to Lyra in Amending Fences (though it's been a while since I watched the episode.) Anyway, you are probably right that she is a very forgiving pony who loves her old friends anyway, even if they almost never acknowledge her existence. If that is true, then she is a greater model of friendship and love than most other ponies.

You just made me like Lyra 10x more for this excellent answer. 

b3b72d92206e8989f1d43449850f0fa8--mlp-fa

Edited by ChB
  • Brohoof 7

Lyra has an adorable character design and I loved her role in episode 100! Made me wish they had given her a part in Amending Fences instead of just mentioning her a few times.

• Brohoof 2