Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Games that don't get a lot of attention.

Ron Jeremy

The hamtaro games for the gameboy colour and game boy advanced,

were much better done than I would have ever thought

although it seems no one has played them,

they are very enjoyable and at times challenging, even for an adult :) ~

note: alsoo too cute!! ~

I dunno, that game had a lot of attention back when it was still new... though I was more of an Unreal Tournament man, myself. :blink:

Unreal Tournament :)

I still play that at school with friends.

B)

Eh, heheh. Not nobody, but somepony did. Actually, just up to Ham-Ham Games, the Chicky-Chickies ALWAYS tick me off. Actually, I really got into Heartbreak, even submitting a "cheat" to GameFAQs, just watching the various endings again. Oh and Hamtaro on Toonami, if it weren't for Hamtaro, I may have never bothered with DragonBall Z.

Edited by Kapi

Eh, heheh. Not nobody, but somepony did. Actually, just up to Ham-Ham Games, the Chicky-Chickies ALWAYS tick me off. Actually, I really got into Heartbreak, even submitting a "cheat" to GameFAQs, just watching the various endings again. Oh and Hamtaro on Toonami, if it weren't for Hamtaro, I may have never bothered with DragonBall Z.

glad to hear it, :)

I just beat heartbreakers 100% a few days ago :P ~

O__O

What came out when I was 4? *quick google search*

Sonic The Hedgehog, Neverwinter Nights, Civilization, Street Fighter II, Super Mario World, F-Zero...

Ugh.

Anyway, I've always thought the Jet Grind/Jet Set games were really underrated. NiGHTS into Dreams for the Sega Saturn. Shining Force II.

Super Meat Boy gets decent press but if you haven't played it YOU SHOULD OH GOD. The controls are smoother than Morgan Freeman's voice.

I was born 1998, so I'm turning 14 in August. I think I was 3 or 4 when I started to play it. I'm not so old but I still love older games more than new games! Old Spyro <3

note: alsoo too cute!! ~

Strangely I owned one of those a LONG time ago. I never really got into it but from what I could remember it wasn't that bad.

My brother got me two indie titles for Christmas since he didn't know what to get me.

Venetica and MorphX

Venetica was... to be blunt, probably the WORST game I've ever played! I'd say that it played like Fable which sounds bad already! Arrows seemed to animate to where they hit people feather first. Graphics were poor (unimportant) the world was really constrictive, and the story was jasklbjfdsaknvcjdkslfndjsnm!

MorphX was... well pretty shitty in its own right, but it was the kind of bad game I could get a good laugh at! Sound FXs were ripped from Half Life, they main character at first looks like Nikko Belick from GTA IV but then turns into Serious Sam. If you as much as brush against a box with a melee weapon the crate explodes! The jumping animation looked like he was drop kicking the long jump! It was just hilarious!

Though if you want a good game that I LOVE that isn't well known I'd have to say Painkiller! Painkiller is essentially Serious Sam, but you go through Hell which looks like a Gothic architect's wet dream! The weapons were also pretty inventive for their time. There was a gun that shot wooden stakes that pin baddies to walls. A hand blade that spins and chops baddies up while also working a bit like the gravity gun (which is called the Painkiller), and my favorite to quote one of my favorite game critics "It shoots shurikins and lightning! I'm not kidding! It could only be more awesome if it had tits and was on fire!"

Fun Fact: Painkiller was made by People Can Fly a Polish Indie developer that seems to be enslaved by Epic Games to make that one interesting game with all the Penis jokes. There's also a small branch of the company that survived called The Wild Flying Hog who recently made Hard Reset (cyberpunk Painkiller, but less fun)

Then I played the expansion packs to Painkiller which were made by fan made companies or something. They even made one that they argued was a sequel... if you value your life you will never play those... they are BAD!

Terraria could've been better known I suppose. Though most of my friends called it the 2D Minecraft clone... funny thing is that in so many ways Terraria is MUCH more advanced than Minecraft!

I got to play the Binding of Isaac which was pretty good and is a lesser known indie title.

I was born 1998, so I'm turning 14 in August. I think I was 3 or 4 when I started to play it. I'm not so old but I still love older games more than new games! Old Spyro <3

Though born in 1994 I'd have to agree!

And here I though all kids too young to remember the 90s were all cursed to be CoDfish! (haha that's a terrible play on words that I haven't used in a while! :P)

In all honesty... the Cooking Mama games for Wii weren't that bad.

My sis would rent them and I'd help with the harder parts, but they were usually fun, plus when you fail I'm scared for my life!

post-461-0-68651500-1327314914_thumb.jpg

Half the games here seem to not get much attention, because they aren't good.

That's quite a naive statement, having played certain games listed I do have to say there are some really good games listed here. But they don't get a lot of press because they aren't sequels or franchise based games. Franchises always get more press, but I would say that there are a lot of franchises out there that have grown stale.

Though born in 1994 I'd have to agree! And here I though all kids too young to remember the 90s were all cursed to be CoDfish! post-461-0-68651500-1327314914_thumb.jpg

I was born in 1994 as well, most of my peers are ignorant little CoDfish, but some of us aren't. One of my friends still plays Eye of the Beholder. (Dos game from 1990) :D Edited by Tom

Oh, another for Sega Genesis, Pulse Man. Way back when Pokemon Red and Green were still in deveolpment, Game Freak needed to find way to fund the project. Pulse Man came out in 1994 for Sega Genesis, but in America, it was only found on Sega Channel, Japan is the only region that got a cartridge copy. Anyway, its out on Virtual Console, and its pretty good.

If you haven't played it, think Sonic speed with Mega Man gameplay. Its a very good game, but since it was hard to find, not many people know about it. Fun fact, Pikachu's Volt Tackle came from this game, from Pulse Man's "Voltteccer," which is also the Japanese version of Volt Tackle.

Oh, another for Sega Genesis, Pulse Man. Way back when Pokemon Red and Green were still in deveolpment, Game Freak needed to find way to fund the project. Pulse Man came out in 1994 for Sega Genesis, but in America, it was only found on Sega Channel, Japan is the only region that got a cartridge copy. Anyway, its out on Virtual Console, and its pretty good.

If you haven't played it, think Sonic speed with Mega Man gameplay. Its a very good game, but since it was hard to find, not many people know about it. Fun fact, Pikachu's Volt Tackle came from this game, from Pulse Man's "Voltteccer," which is also the Japanese version of Volt Tackle.

ah the genesis the best part of my child hood endless day playing nba jam and sonic 2

STALKER.

home front

I'm putting these two together, while both games receive fair coverage in gaming news, they are prime examples of culturally different alienating games. STALKER is a very European game, it uses elements of things found in Europe and uses Chernobyl as a main event in the series. Americans don't get that because it's not so entrenched in their culture. Similarly Homefront doesn't strike a cord with Europeans, because of the cultural difference, America did not have a major war fought on their territory like Europe has.

To conclude, both use a very culturally identifiable events happening. Homefront uses a shock which Americans will identify with, and STALKER will use the Chernobyl events, which Europeans can relate to as it affects us more.

And they are reasons why the community has received both games poorly, while not being necessarily bad games. And discussion will be more of a niche thing.

I'm putting these two together, while both games receive fair coverage in gaming news, they are prime examples of culturally different alienating games. STALKER is a very European game, it uses elements of things found in Europe and uses Chernobyl as a main event in the series. Americans don't get that because it's not so entrenched in their culture. Similarly Homefront doesn't strike a cord with Europeans, because of the cultural difference, America did not have a major war fought on their territory like Europe has.

To conclude, both use a very culturally identifiable events happening. Homefront uses a shock which Americans will identify with, and STALKER will use the Chernobyl events, which Europeans can relate to as it affects us more.

And they are reasons why the community has received both games poorly, while not being necessarily bad games. And discussion will be more of a niche thing.

yes as a canadien i loved home front as it gave me the vue of the every man fighting for life and yet ppl dont like its multiplayer i mean come on the campange was epic yet ppl dont like the mp *facehoof*

a game series i noticed that dont get alot of attention is the Dragonquest series witch is sad because its great.

Dragon Quest, I've been meaning to play those games for a while now.

How can I interest you in Puff-Puff?

• Brohoof 1

I can't tell if you know what I was talking about so here: (From Dragon Quest VIII, it isn't as bad as it looks... I swear it)

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGCIg5rkFtM

Edited by Tom