Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Games that don't get a lot of attention.

Ron Jeremy

yes as a canadien i loved home front as it gave me the vue of the every man fighting for life and yet ppl dont like its multiplayer i mean come on the campange was epic yet ppl dont like the mp *facehoof*

Common curse in modern games is that multiplayer is often tacked on. And thus is slightly shit and used as a marketing tool.

a game series i noticed that dont get alot of attention is the Dragonquest series witch is sad because its great.

Yes. This. Over nine thousand times, this.

It's a great series that, sadly, outside of Japan, doesn't get the huge following it really should have.

I mean, Final Fantasy's pretty much a cheap knockoff of it in many ways*, but Final Fantasy gets more attention for some reason.

*Not saying all Final Fantasy games are terrible, though.

Also, another underrated game: Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts. I've loved the Banjo-Kazooie series since the first game came out. It was my first Nintendo 64 game. But I've seen a lot of people talk about about Nuts & Bolts. I mean, sure, it deviates hugely from the original formula, and yeah, I'd like to see another true Banjo-Kazooie what? While it's not like the old games were, it's still a decent game in it's own right. It annoys me when I see people on the internet go "OH I HATE IT BECAUSE IT DOESN'T FOLLOW THE EXACT SAME FORMULA AS THE OTHER GAMES!" but don't care when a Mario spinoff with karts is released.

Wolfenstein 3D, The Ultimate Doom, the first Quake. These games where not only simple fun, but they also defined the entire FPS genre. Ironic how all of the games were made my ID. The first two Disciples (Sacred Lands and Dark Prophecy) and the Heroes of Might and Magic series. Those were some great hybrids of turn based strategy and role playing. Ultima 8 Pagan is also an enjoyable role playing game, although not really heavy on the rpg aspects, and it feels more like an action/adventure. I have a sizable list of good games that have little attention.

Edited by Wonka

• 4 weeks later...

Sam & Max games, one of the few point and click games I enjoy, another being Monkey Island, and Grim Fandago (basically anything Tim Schafer was involved with).

I can't even put into words the amount of love I have for Tim Schafer. I've heard that he's beginning development on a new point-and-click game.

I also really like Shadow of the Colossus, although that's been getting a bit of attention recently.

There was this one game on the SNES, where you played as some psychic kids who have to fight aliens. I think it was called Pokemon.

Um, no. It was clearly Super Mario Kart you were playing.

Conker's Bad Fur Day (N64) has an obscure cult following. It's a rated M platformer, which is very unusual, and it's absolutely hilarious if you have any sense of humor at all.

• Brohoof 2

Holy crap, YES. I was such a diehard for this game, even though I never got a chance to play the second installment.

So much love for this game.

The sequel wasn't bad but the first one was perfect.

Conker's Bad Fur Day (N64) has an obscure cult following. It's a rated M platformer, which is very unusual, and it's absolutely hilarious if you have any sense of humor at all.

I LOVE THAT GAME.

Also, The Binding of Isaac is amazing, I loved it!

Child of Eden tooooo.

And Bulletstorm. SO STUPID, but tons of nasty jokes which are always fun XD

I need to add another game in this topic:

Scurge: Hive

If I had to describe the game to someone I would say it's kind of a Metroid type game with a weapon triangle like Fire Emblem and RPG elements using an Isometric viewpoint. It's great, but I've never beaten it cuz the final boss is a dick.