Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Games that don't get a lot of attention.

Ron Jeremy

Burnout Paradise. It's a good game, but after getting all the acheivements/trophies, it's less fun IMO. Also, Burnout CRASH! didn't got me too hyped up, so... yeah. It pains to see that Criterion Games stop making Burnout games. :(

Yet no one cares about the bad ports,

...I do agree that WII was a sucky port. But how is the 3DS, DSI and Steam ports bad? DSI = Original In Your Pocket

3DS = Heavily Upgraded Cave Story PC with 3D Graphics and GOOD Remixed Music.

Steam = Updated Cave Story Wii

(edited)

I'll add two to the pile:

Mechwarrior III:

DarkStone:

Darstone is quite similar to Diablo, but in my mind it's better. I allways preferd to play Darkstone over Diablo.

Edited by Slictz
  • Brohoof 1

Bastion needs more attention!

Here's why

two most important parts:

When I first got this Indie game, I had no idea what I had gotten myself into. The game starts out with the following line (no spoilers): “Proper story’s supposed to start at the beginning, ain’t so simple with this one.”

That sets the premise for the whole game.

Bastion by SuperGiant games has climbed on the top 5 list of many gamers out there, including me. (Favorite game of all-time, to be honest.) I’m sure if you’re a fan of RPG's, Indies or just great games; it’ll be there for you as well!

Bonus:

The game’s soundtrack is just amazing! Darren Kob really hit it out of the park with this one. The right theme’s are used at the right time and the effect some of then give when played are just… indescribable. For those wondering, the game's soundtrack and the game itself has won many awards.

The Metropolismania series, the 2004 Transformers game, and Metal Arms. Those are the only not that widely known video games that I could think of off the top of my head.

• Brohoof 1

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening.

Brilliant game! It had a great storyline, it added many features that circulate the later Zelda titles and the music was just so damn awesome for an 8-Bit game! I still play it to this very day, resetting my files to challenge those increasingly-difficult dungeons, relive those funny moments and to achieve victory once more! :)

This game was a huge influence on my gaming life! If it never came into my life, I would not be who I am today for sure!

• Brohoof 3

I have 3 more to add to this wonderful list! I was this time thumbing through my PS1 collection and I came across some older games that I absolutely love, but when I talk about them to anyone I know, they have no idea what's i'm taking about. The first being Parasite Eve, I talk about this game way too much for my own good, it's one of my favorites. Being a horror survival JRPG it is very unique and really fun. I am actually doing a lets play of it over Livestream (and I plan on doing the others I post here because they NEED to be shared with people). Next up is Breath of Fire (the whole series, Snes, Ps1, and PS2), As far as I know it consists of 5 games where you control a kid who is also a dragon, another on the JRPG list but it's story, characters, and just over all game play is really well done (the 3rd is my favorite in the series). Last but certainly not least, Alundra for the PS1. You control a elf like character with a very Zeldaesqe control scheme and you enter people's dreams to help protect them from some ancient evil that is killing them via nightmare. I just thought of one more. Final Fantasy (bear with me) Mystic quest. Sort of the Final Fantasy game in training, a warm up for North American audiences that couldn't handle that complexities of the main stream Final Fantasy games. Though being more of a basic game to introduce you to the genre, it had very strong game play, a decent story, fun characters, and a twist at that end that went beyond the standard "Now let me show you my true form".

Everyone who's a fan of RPGs should be paying more attention to Xenoblade- despite being a Wii game and a Japanese RPG, it seems to rival Western RPGs like Skyrim in terms of scale and content. I can't wait till Friday when it comes out in North America and I can finally play it... :)

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening.

ALL MY BROHOOFS, TAKE THEM.

Seriously, best 2D Zelda game right there.

• Brohoof 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I would Say Phantasy Star online. Its a really fun online game that is very unheard of. You can find it on gamecube or xbox, but it is super rare. I have put so many hours into it. While the AI is really stupid, and the game can get a bit repetitive, it is still definitelly worth a play. The online is still going on. I might actually be able to give somepony the link to the online ultima server if they are interested in it.

Oh, and Blast factor for the PS3. Its a downloadable game that has super great music and sound. You basically fly this little ship around and try to destroy these little virus like thingies. It is super fun, and gets really challenging as you progress. The bosses are also really fun. I would definitely suggest gettin' it.

• 4 months later...

SSX on the Xbox 360 didn't get that much attention, there is only around 50 - 100 people that play it online, on a good day. Warface for the PC didn't seem to get much attention ether, but Crytek didn't advertise it too much.