Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rip Tide and Violet Spiral

Jon the VGNerd

Hey guys. In case you were wondering... it's pretty much a long story. Since my last college semester, my drawing skills have deteriorated significantly, and even though I did finished my semester in college, I tried my hardest to find motivation to draw... it never did, or at least I thought it were to be. I thought for sure I won't be able to draw Violet Spiral, the OC character, for Violet, the user, and I thought for sure that I let her down.

That, until I end up slowly building up a bit of motivation to draw her character as a belated Christmas present, also adding my own OC character, Rip Tide, with her. To be honest, coloring VIolet Spiral for her exact look was EXTREMELY difficult with the iPad and with the ArtStudio program I bought from the AppStore to have Violet Spiral's colors match (not even the RGB color site is much of a help in any way), especially the cutie mark. In the end, however, I managed to finish it in several days. I know its not perfect due to flaws (be it the drawing skills still recovering and ArtStudio making color choosing complex and complicated), but here it is:

img-1063089-1-RipTideandVioletSpiral_zps

And in case you're wondering, no they're not couples, she just gave him a friendly kiss (which is the idea I came up with ^_^ ). So yeah. Hope you guys like it, and Violet Spiral, hope you like my belated Christmas present!

Edited by Heavyshy
  • Brohoof 3

Yeah I have the same problem with motivation, even I'm trying to do art for someone else (which is why I never promise artwork to anybody). But I'm glad you did that for Violet and its a very cute picture. Good stuff. :)

Yeah I have the same problem with motivation, even I'm trying to do art for someone else (which is why I never promise artwork to anybody). But I'm glad you did that for Violet and its a very cute picture. Good stuff. :)

Thanks a lot! :D

And yeah, I do get what you mean. Hopefully if Violet sees the pic I've done for her as a belated Christmas present, she'd be really happy. :wub:

Very impressive. They look very good together =D But the male wing looks not very good :/ Female wings and eyes looks good, hair color looks good to her. =)

(edited)

Very impressive. They look very good together =D But the male wing looks not very good :/ Female wings and eyes looks good, hair color looks good to her. =)

Thanks! And yes, I do get what you mean, my drawing is not what it used to be because of last semester from college, so am steadily improving my drawing. Again, thanks! :D

Edited by Heavyshy

• 1 month later...

Aweh thank you so kindly Heavy! Yeah, at first I was like, whoa! Did I get shipped on my days away lol, but a friendly kiss never hurts. ;3 Thanks again for a delightful gift.

~Dizzy

Coming home to a forum near you soon.

You're welcome! And as I mentioned, it was never intended for shipping because if I did, you'd pretty much hate for for it, but yeah, I'm glad you liked it! :D

• Brohoof 1