Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Can you sing?

Kaneki

Say that word again and I'll have Twilight Sparkle cast a spell on you to have his music stuck in your head for the next week. At least you didn't say Rebecca Black. Ughh...

I don't want his music stuck in my head. :( Yeah good thing I didn't say you know who.

I guess you hate them both, like I do I can see that.

• Brohoof 1

... don't cry. TS got mad at me for bumping into her when she was carrying a stack of books anyway so I doubt she'll really do anything if I ask her.

I can see why TS is mad at you. Yeah, so pretty sure he won't do anything for you after what you did, I guess I can help you make her feel better.

No, Though i have random rare momments when i nail a very high note :P (When i try again, i always fail and end up screaming)

I'd like to learn to sing, But lessons cost alot these days :/

I'm not sure :/

all my life I thought that I have a disgusting horrible voice and never attempted to sing, not even in the shower, and now that I've became a brony I had felt the urge to sing some of the show's songs, and I tried "smile" (while I was completely alone of course) and I thought I sounded pretty well to my surprise. I need more polishment though.

Not trying to brag, but, yes, I can sing quite well.  I've loved singing my entire life, and always try to sing as best as I can to the glory of God, since I figure if He blessed me with vocal talent, He obviously wants me to use it to the best of my ability.  I have a deep bass voice, and I mostly sing hymns, classical music, or choir pieces.  In high school, I got into the Michigan State Honors Choir three times, and the Michigan All-State Honors Choir twice, all of which were a blast.  I've been in Hillsdale's College Choir for six semesters, and last semester, for our Christmas concert, we performed Handel's "Messiah," which is performed every four years by our choir, and oh my it was an amazing and wonderful experience!!!  Sadly, I will be unable to perform in our college choir next semester, since my final semester will be simply too busy, but hopefully after college I'll find a nice church choir to join.  Boy do I love singing!!!!! 

dude, when am I going to hear you singing, that got me very excited! :) 

I can see why TS is mad at you. Yeah, so pretty sure he won't do anything for you after what you did, I guess I can help you

WOO- I mean uh... Thanks. I was planning on cooking her an apology cupcake with Pinkie but Celestia knows I would probably end up setting the kitchen on fire accidentally if I did anything other than microwave a hot pocket.

WOO- I mean uh... Thanks. I was planning on cooking her an apology cupcake with Pinkie but Celestia knows I would probably end up setting the kitchen on fire accidentally if I did anything other than microwave a hot pocket.

No problem. She feels better now, Princess Celestia knows all so don't burn down anyone's kitchen especially Rarity's.

Anything I can do for a pony.

I have a great voice and I'm a natural talent. I can also do almost any genre of music.

Only catch is, it works only when noone listens or records. Yeah, I'm sure that's totally it.

I have a Deep Voice, but I can Pig Squeal and do some other gutturals, but I need to learn how to breath while Doing that...

and I have voice to sing some hardcore punk. :3

Animals noises are bucking fun! I only know how to do duck and bird whistles, but a few people at my school can do just about any animal you can think up (terrodactyl, lion, dying terrodactyl, donkey etc.)

The only time I've ever sung anything was when I was alone. I would clam up tighter than a gnat's ass if I tried singing in public. And I guess I'm pretty good, I guess. Then again I'm not sure how much that's worth since I've never taken singing lessons or anything like that, again, for the same reason stated above.

I love to sing-a
About the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a,
I love to sing-a,
About a sky of blue-a, or a tea for two-a,
Anything-a with a swing-a to an "I love you-a,"
I love to, I love to sing!

Give me a song-a
About a son-a gun that went and done her wrong-a.
But keep it clean-a,
With a cottage small-a by a waterfall-a,
Any sob-a that will throb-a to a bluebird's call-a,
I love, I love to sing!

I was born a singin' fool-a,
Lah-de-dah!
Ol' Major Bowes is gonna spot me,
Got through Yale with boula-boula,
Lah-de-dah!
Old microphone's got me!

I love to sing-a,
I love to wake up with the south-a in my mouth-a,
And wave a flag-a,
With a cheer for Uncle Sammy and another for my mammy,
I love to sing!

The swingin'est,
Hot singin'est,
Bell-ringin'est,
Song singin'est
High tootin'est,
Sky tootin'est,
I love to sing!

• Brohoof 1

I'd like to think so, since I've recorded two full albums (on my own time, of course XD)

It's not so much the singing for me as the lyrics; from poems I got into writing songs and then bam, I wanted to record them, so I did.

I haven't had formal lessons before so I'm not amazing, but I have improved.

I sound like a cross between Emily Haines and the singer of Sleepy Kitty that I don't know the name of, along with a little Abisha Uhl. (This is what my friend told me.)

I usually sing indie soft rock (stuff like Christopher Smith, Atlas Genius, Mother Mother, and Metric), but it's just whatever I feel like. :P

My weakest point is probably higher notes; I'm a mix of alto/tenor.

Oh! And I have a pretty good growl, but fries? Nooo. I want to start working on metal more.

Edited by Captain Hammer

Personally, I can sing fairly decently and can growl to some extent. I can't hit THAT high of notes, but I can hit alot of stuff.

When I sing, apparently I sound a bit like Gerard Way from My Chemical Romance and when I growl, I've been told it's like Spencer Sotello of Periphery.

I used to sing choir a long, long time ago when I was in school. I'm a true bass, technically a Basso Profundo, and it was annoying to sing in that particular choir because I was the only bass. I can move up to baritone, although I lose tonal quality, but we didn't even have many of those. The choir director tried to get some of the tenors to go baritone, but man they sounded awful. I ended up trying to force myself up to tenor, and the director thought it was... okay.. but personally I thought it sounded like a dog's squeaky toy trying to sing.

But in any case, I haven't 'sung' in a very long time, so my quality is poor now-a-days. I'm probably all over the board.

Yes! I love to sing! My voice is nowhere near perfect but I can sing a bit of opera. Although there are times where I can sing high notes just fine and there are times where I just can't. I love to sing to modern songs and Disney songs as well. If I were to describe my singing voice, I guess it sounds like a regular medium/high voice when I sing. I was never born with a natural singing voice. I had to practice and train it.

Nope. No singing ability whatsoever. Further than that, no musical abilities whatsoever. The only think I can do related to music is listen to it.

Well not really, no...when there's some stupid obligatory singing at school I usually just move my lips and not make a sound. But I can surely make static noise if...that counts as singing. I'm actually much more in tune when I'm whistling and I try to whistle along with a tune I'm listening to if noone else is around...

But I just prefer singing bit-crushed songs with good ol' Famitracker and trying to teach myself (I have no musical background at all)

Edited by Zacharias

I used to be in singing club back at school, but left when it started taking up more and more of my time. I usually just sing a long to my fav songs when I play them and when nopony's listening.

Edited by Thaliel

Not right now, because puberty seriously sucks, but it should be over in a few months, in time for the biggest singing event of my life - 40+ minutes of non-stop bellowing.  But the funny thing is, I went from a D being a lower note to a C-sharp.  My main work right now is in Jewish folk and choir music, but I do some more soulful music in my pastime - Simon and Garfunkel a favourite - along with some fun pop songs (not teeny-bop, I'm talking MJ and the like).  And, of course, pony covers.  Currently working on a karaoke-bar style Babs Seed.

EDIT:  Still don't understand why I can do falsetto, even now.  My voice is supposed to be deepening!

Edited by ping111