Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Can you sing?

Kaneki

I'm a theater kid and nowadays in the theater business you GOTTA be able to sing. Naturally, I have zero talent in terms of singing (my voice teacher has told me it's because I'm too skinny) but I take voice lessons now and I think I'm at least halfway decent.

I'm an alto which means I sing the lower notes for girls and hitting high notes is a challenge. I'm currently in our school's musical as ensemble and the show has a lot of crazy harmonies for the chorus. It's certainly a challenge but it's very fun.

So in answer to the question: No, I can't sing but I pretend I can and that's good enough for most people ;)

I have a vocal range of E2 to F2. But I'm not a particular good singer. Granted I can hold a note for a 40 seconds but I am terrible at modulating a sustain. In addition to this the only music that requires a bass/baritone vocal range is opera and I HATE OPERA. I've never taken lessons I just teach myself so I'm a little bit tone deaf but I'm generally ok. The only times I do sing are generally during vaudeville pieces, guess I'm attracted to sleaze. 

I wish. I'm tone-deaf. I know how to speak in rhythm, but that's all ;P I've never actually heard what I sound like, but I've been told I'm no good. That doesn't stop me from singing from time to time, but when I'm paying attention to what I do I realize I can't mantain the desired notes. I do wish to do singing classes however. Or at least get an auto-tune ;P

EDIT: But if I did get an auto-tune, I wouldn't use it to pretend I can sing. I'd use it right, like Cher did in "Believe". Well, for that, and to pretend I can sing ;P

EDIT2: I don't have a microphone, which is why I don't download auto-tune now.

Edited by SOHCAHTOA

Joking. I think I have an alright mezzo soprano sort of voice, but I'm hindered by my lack of vocal training. My older sister has this awesome, rich, jazzy voice and is in theater.

Edited by Stellafera

Joking. I think I have an alright mezzo soprano sort of voice, but I'm hindered by my lack of vocal training. My older sister has this awesome, rich, jazzy voice and is in theater.

Keep working at it, I've kind of had to teach myself just to adjust to certain styles and tones, from how you put it, you sound as if you would sound very nice, singing.

• Brohoof 1

i can sing sing and when i do i have a very good voice.

but i can sing horribly if i want to, but i usually don't do that unless im making fun of a song or something.:)

Edited by ~Felix's awesome crew~

I can growl fairly decently, and I can do black metal shrieks.   But singing?  No, not at all.  I can't stay in tune even if I try my hardest.   I can't hit any notes at all.   

• Brohoof 1

I can only do AC/DC esque party screams and low growly metal screams \m/

Otherwise I cannot sing at all 

My screams are ridiculously loud so if i do decide to try it has to be when I'm home alone  :lol:

I can also do a scream like the singer from Sonic syndicate / the unguided.

I used to be able to sing rather well before my voice broke, the head of the music department wanted to pay for singing lessons for me and when i refused she wouldn't let me do guitar lessons at the school.

After my voice broke i stopped being able to sing very well, i still do sometimes when i am alone but as for if i'm good or not anymore i have no idea, i have a deep voice which means i can do metal "growls" rather well when i feel like it, but i'm not sure if i can sing in the typical sense.

I regret refusing the offer deeply, had i taken the lessons i would likely have been able to continue singing.

• Brohoof 1

I have a very versatile and great singing voice, apparently.  According to those VERY few who have heard me sing.  (I haven't heard myself sing yet, as I have no microphone to record with...)

I can change from deep bass, to raspy mid to pretty clear high ranges with ease, being even able to emulate singing voices, that is, I think.  I haven't actually recorded myself to see how well I sound, and I'm extremely shy to sing in front of others...

Though for personal style, I don't have any.

I also am a very good rapper. (noted by many to sound EXACTLY like Mic the Microphone)

• Brohoof 1

I can sing pretty well, I guess, though I'm not really sure if I'm a bass or tenor since I haven't been in chorus since before I went through puberty. I'm assuming I'm a bass since I can sing pretty low and my voice cracks if I try to sing too high in my natural voice, but I can sing REALLY high in falsetto. Like, Tiny Tim high. You wouldn't believe it was a guy singing if you heard me. :blink:

Anyways, I've been involved in music since I was very young, so I have the ears to stay in tune pretty well. I just have almost no sense of technique (mainly breathing) at all. I just don't like being in chorus, it bores me.  :(

• Brohoof 1

I can sing, but it's my voice that really ruins it.  I have a rather low voice, that makes the th sound when I say s' at the end of a word.  I can sing pretty well I've been told, and only recently have I boosted my range.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, I can sing. I'm an alto, and rather lud, but with a sense of rhythm and melody. My voice is good for pop, rock, and show-tune esque stuff. I can act as well, so yeah~

Wouldn't that be contralto, rather than alto? But that's pretty cool.

As for me, I barely sing, and I'm pretty shy about it, which really sucks. I mean, I like singing, but I don't get many opportunities when it's just me in the house, heh. Effectively, I can do A3-F4 without anything sounding awkward. Up to F5 in falsetto. I kinda like my low screaming, my high screams sound all crap-like. No, I can't fry scream or growl.

I usually play the acoustic guitar when I'm singing, makes me feel better.

• Brohoof 1

I have a pretty good sense of tune, but am forever cursed with a voice too low to sing most popular songs, too high sing them an octave down.

I assume that might be why I'm more into instrumental music than most people I know.

• Brohoof 1

Hm.. That is a hard question to answer, in my opinion eh, i dunno not exactly. I'm not comfortable singing in front of people really so I don't ever get an opinion from anyone.

I really only sing by myself in my room, or in Church. Otherwise I don't. Well and my Band teacher makes us sing notes and stuff because it helps us to play it better, but that doesn't really count :P.

I use to sing in my church choir up until I was like 9-10 I guess? I don't really know if I can sing, I mean I can sing pitches yeah,  but thats because I'm in band so I understand that type of thing, as for singing good, well I dunno, I hate my regular voice To be honest.. I dunno about my singing voice I'd need an outside opinion on that first. :P.

I do like to sing with my headphones in, or in the shower, because both places make me sound good :P. Actually you know what I sung on Rockband once.. At a family party, one of my family members told me that my voice was kinda middle so It didn't go very low and it didn't go very high, thats probably due to puberty and stuff, so oh well. Besides she knows nothing about music, Still kinda hurt my confidence.

So yeah, i'm not really sure, all I know is that I don't have the confidence in myself to make an opinion, and of course no confidence means no singing for outside opinions. I generally just tell myself I can't and others, but who knows.

All I know is, I really envy people who can sing :P. Like really good.

I think everyone's sung in the shower atleast once before :P, that doesn't make me a good singer for sure, but again who knows.

• Brohoof 1

No, not at all.

If I was to sing though, I'd have to sing in the style of the Red Army Choir.

My deep voice is just too...well...deep.

In English it sounds even worse. At least in Russian I have excellent grammar and pronunciation, but no I can't sing very well unless it's Red Army Choir style songs like Katyusha.

Edited by Comrade-Dimitri-Hammer