I_wesley125

Do you read?  

163 users have voted

1. 1. Do you read?

• Sometimes
    • Often
    • Rarely
    • Never

I read a lot... but it's mostly because school forces me to read. (I'm not taking english this semester though, so it shouldn't be as bad)

But I do enjoy reading just for entertainement occasionally, when I can find the time.

I used to read a lot of novels, from George Orwell's '1984' to Scooby Doo (SD is da best). But lately I don't have the time to read books as well as fanfics. Fanfics entertain me more now as well so I just stick to them.

People are surprised by how fast I can read. I read HP: Goblet of Fire in 4 days and Deathly Hallows in 22 hours lol.

I read half blood prince in about a day. I was on a week long camping trip with my scout troop the week it was released, and half way through the week, one of my friends shows up and joins us. Over the campfire, he tells us he bought half blood prince on his way here, and, being a hardcore HP fan at the time, I FLIPPED THE FUCK OUT. He was kinda startled, but said I could borrow it if I wanted, so he got it out of his car, and I stayed up all night and read it. Finished it by about dinner time the next day :)

And since it was a camp out and I was staying up doing stupid stuff everynight anyway, I was super tired and wasnt thinking straight after that, and accidentally spoiled it for him :(

Anyway, I used to read quite a lot. I've read every redwall book at least 3 times, and it remains my favorite series. I don't care if the books have repetitive themes or have tones of racism, they were my childhood and I get nostalgiac as hell. I quite like Eoin Colfer's books. I loved the Bartimaeus trilogy, I like comedy mixed with pretty much anything. As such, hitchhikers guide is another of my favorite series (I can read the whole series in 4-5 days if I have enough time. Absolutely love it :))

As for more classic stuff, I'm one of the few I know who actually liked Lord of the Flies, and have read it several times for fun. I read Island of Dr. Moreau and Frankenstein in 7th grade (that was the coolest teach I've ever had) and really enjoyed both. I've read some Shakespeare and liked it quite a bit, especially hamlet. I read slaughterhouse 5 recently, and it was quite good. When I have more freetime, I'm thinking I'll tackle Paradise Lost.

I quite like reading short stories, since I can generally knock one out in an hour or so. Laughing Man was great (I'm totally with the kids. Bus driver was a dick to end the story like that >_<). The most dangerous game was awesome, and I had a lot of fun helping my sister when she had to do a project on it (pretend you're making a movie for it. Pick the cast and make a storyboard.)

If anybody is into dark comedy, I'd recommend Marching Morons. It's a short story about a future where intelligent and pacifistic people, seeing that the world is being overpopulated, stop having sex, while everyone else, of course, doesn't. They use time travel to bring a highly unscrupulous business man from the past to help them solve the population problem, and it's quite darkly hilarious what happens.

Also, there was this one sci fi short I read a long time ago. I don't remember the name or the author, but the concept was highway combat. You know how a lot of kids (me and most of you included, I'm guessing) when sitting in the backseat of the car, imagine they have machine guns and rocket launchers attached to the car and they're shooting other cars? Well, it was like that. And it was awesome. If anybody recalls a story like that, I'd love it if you could point me in the right direction.

• Brohoof 1

I don't read too often, but I do from time to time and quite enjoy it.

Every other year or so I'll just random urges (like now) to re-read the Harry Potter series from start to finish, so once I start there's a huge load of reading right there.

I read for an hour or so every day when I go to bed. Usually high fantasy and sci-fi stuff.

The title of this thread made me think of Madagascar, "You there, higher mammal. Can. You. Read?"

I never read. I never really got into reading as a good pass time. When I do read what I like, I enjoy it, but I don't think that it could replace my other methods of entertainment.

Yes, My favorite books are, world war Z, The zombie survival guide, Diary of a wimpy kid, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, and a ton more.

No, I really just hit them. jk

I can't bring myself to take the time to read books. I'm always doing something. I think the longest book I've ever read was Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. I do read pony fanfics sometimes but only relatively short ones.

Face.. book?

Yes, I read lots and lots and lots and lots of books. LOTS.

• 1 year later...

I usually read fanfics especially MLP, and I usually read newspapers when I get too bored. I read game manuals, before I play a game to know the controls.