I_wesley125

Do you read?  

163 users have voted

1. 1. Do you read?

• Sometimes
    • Often
    • Rarely
    • Never

Back when I was in high school and younger I used to not like reading and now I wonder why I didn't. I have been gain more and more interest now and really enjoy it. I like reading fan fics and plan re-reading through the book 1984  by George Orwell.

• Brohoof 2

I chose sometimes but I'm hoping this will soon become often. When I started high school my freshman year I basically stopped reading for fun at all, I read only books for class and that took up all my time. The english class I'm in now doesn't require a lot of book reading (and the fact that I'm almost done with high school) have lent to my rediscovered passion for reading. It's very exciting as I've felt like I've missed out on a lot the last four years. 

• Brohoof 1

I've never completed a novel in my life. Even for school assessment when we were require to read a book and write about it i'd just Google a summary or watch the movie adaptation.

But I've started reading Halo: Glasslands and i'm probably less than 50 pages from finishing it. I read it every night before i go to bed and it's so awesome. I've already bought the sequel, "A Thursday War", and plan on reading through that once i finish Glasslands. I'm tossing up whether to read the "A Song of Fire and Ice" series from Geroge R.R. Martin too  :wub:

• Brohoof 1

I constantly read books. There is nothing like a good book before bed, in the morning, after a nice dinner or when I'm bored.

I have my own little library in my study even, full of books I've read many times. I love the classics most. Anything by Homer, Plato, Machiavelli, Hemmingway, H.G Wells, John Steinbeck, William Shakespeare, Sun Tzu, Karl Marx and so many more I can't list all of my favorites!! :D

I love reading so much. The Illiad, Animal Farm, The Republic, The Odyssey, Grapes of Wrath, Capitalism! Reading tons of books on so many topics! I just enjoy filling my mind with extreme knowledge. Civil war books, fiction, historical fiction, biographies, and more!

I'm ranting now :P

• Brohoof 2

No. I'm illiterate.

Sarcasm mode off. Yes, I read all the time, ever since I was young. I liked Bailey School Kids, Goosebumps, Animorphs and many others. Now I study historical odds and ends like Watergate, the Enron scandal, the 1972 Presidential campaign and the Boer Wars. Also, pony fanfiction! Heck, I review the stuff once a week, I'd better enjoy reading it. B)

• Brohoof 2

I read anything and everything XD (It's super easy when you have four heads), but my favourite has to be the Discworld series by Terry Pratchett, The hobbit, and/or Good MLP Fiction (Like My little Dashie, Past sins and the Nyx Series)

• Brohoof 3

I read anything and everything XD (It's super easy when you have four heads), but my favourite has to be the Discworld series by Terry Pratchett, The hobbit, and/or Good MLP Fiction (Like My little Dashie, Past sins and the Nyx Series)

Dear sweet baby jeezus.

I balled my eyes out when i was reading ''My Little Dashie''.

I thought my eyes were going to dry out. 

I read it last night *3rd time reading it* and i still cried..

ear sweet baby jeezus.

I hear that if you read 'My Little Dashie' five times without a break you'll die from dehydration.

I'm going to do it tonight... five readings all in one go. I'll do it for real this time

• Brohoof 1

No WAY! Reading is for eggheads!!!

Yes, I read very frequently. I'm not so big on reading fanfics, but I read a very wide variety of books.

(edited)

No WAY! Reading is for eggheads!!!

Yes, I read very frequently. I'm not so big on reading fanfics, but I read a very wide variety of books.

I would get into books, but i am an extremely impatient person.

I'v bought plenty of books, but never completed them. Such a waste..

But, i can only read action stories. Kinda like 'Daring Do and the Jungle of Terror'.

Edited by KToadstool

I love to read! i am always reading at least 5 or 6 different books at a time not to mention I am always reading 7 or 8 differnt manga series at a time.... I love doing this it makes my brain hurt and helps me concentrate!

I love to read, and I've been that way since childhood.  I spent hours in the local library just exploring the shelves, pulling off anything that looked interesting and taking it home to peruse, fiction or non.  

I ended up enjoying sci-fi/fantasy more than anything else, and I own a ridiculous number of paperbacks by authors like Piers Anthony (Xanth series, Incarnations of Immortality, the Mode series,) Mercedes Lackey (Valdemar books,) Anne McCaffrey (Dragonriders of Pern,) Victor Appleton (Tom Swift,) Lois McMaster Bujold, CJ Cherryh, Michael Stackpole, Ray Bradbury, Isaac Asimov, Arthur C Clarke...  It just goes on and on.  I was definitely one of those who had read the Chronicles of Narnia and Lord of the Rings years before they were turned into films, and I'm nearly always one of those 'the book was better than the movie' people.

Reading is superior to television and movies, but only if you bother to use your imagination.  The stories are better, and there are more of them.  Hollywood is out of ideas, you must have noticed.  They're reduced to 're-imagining' fairy tales at this point.  They don't even know where to go to find good stories...or perhaps they're just not willing to take any risks.

• Brohoof 1

I read every day before I go to sleep. I have a limit to only read 2-3 chapters so I don't stay up all night. Right now I'm reading the Harry Potter books.

I read often, i cant really read anything digital very easily so i stick to good old paper books :) + nothing beats that feel of turning the pages on a great book.

I'm currently slowly working my way though the Necronomicon.

(edited)

Im glad to see so many book nerds! I mostly read history books and it's been ages since I've read a good novel. I haven't really read anything in the past week, I've been too busy preparing for my physics midterm. Right now, im working my way through Paris 1919 by Margaret Macmillan and rereading one of my old favourites, Lost Worlds by MIchael Bywater.

Edited by Celtore

(edited)

post-6104-0-52281600-1362803734.jpg

Reading is one of my favorite pastimes. A good book can me engross me more than a movie or a game. Whenever my parents hollered at me as a kid to stop watching or playing something or just tried to talk to me, I heard them clearly (even if I didn't always heed what they were saying :P), but once I really get my nose in a book I'm unaware of my surroundings; whatever world the book puts me in becomes my surroundings.

I can read anywhere from between 30-47 books a year, usually on the high side of that range. My interests are largely in science-fiction and martial fantasy. R.A. Salvatore is without a doubt my favorite author. Nobody can write a fight scene like that man.

Oh yeah, somehow I forgot to mention that I love Jules Verne too.

Edited by Artemis
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

I like reading quite a bit, however I really don't read too many books. Most of my reading is done at school or on the internet.

I try to read at least 2 books a year in my spare time which pales in comparison to some, but it;s just about right for me. I prefer the classics over anything. I've read several of my English books years before I was assigned them in school.

Is it just me, or can anyone else not really get into reading unless it's on a real physical book? I can't concentrate on the computer screen or Kindle as much as I can get engrossed in the brownish-yellow pages of a book.

Edited by Twiliscael
  • Brohoof 1

I read often, not just because I enjoy it...it's because I am required to do so. S__S

I'm currently reading three books, for three classes. Then I have to do a report about what it relates to the subject (ex. Psychology, Geography, etc). I mean, I don't like reading, I LOVE reading. I have my own collection of books that takes up half of my closet space. So if I ever feel like reading, I can like...pick a book and start reading. 

Online-wise, I'm also an ebook reader and a fanfic reader as well. My best friend sent me a few fanfic stories that he recommended me to read, and I'm halfway through them (just that the three books I mentioned above are stopping me from finishing up. lmao)

Dear sweet baby jeezus.

Controversial Opinion 361: I thought My Little Dashie was badly written and most of the story made me cringe.

Counter Logic: The ending made me roll around in a pool of tears, so I guess it must have done something right. 

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

I read so much I'm practically Twilight. My parents are always complaining I have so many books they clutter up my bedroom. I love fiction books, but comics and informative books are great too.

(edited)

I read a lot actually, usually I choose a story I finish a chapter and throw it away, If I'm lucky enough to find a book that suites my tastes I will continue reading. After reading those "Really Good Stories" I end up spending weeks thinking about the story and the different outcomes the story could have had etc.

A good story can keep me thinking for weeks, who knew that some words could do so much.

Edited by SwigglySwiggly

I seem to read a lot, And do enjoy it, but Not enough lately, Seems to have been something I've knocked around lately,

I'll get around to reading again soon.

But I do love to Read Everything On Websites and Such, Which Does Take up For Not Reading Books, I guess.