I_wesley125

Do you read?  

163 users have voted

1. 1. Do you read?

• Sometimes
    • Often
    • Rarely
    • Never

Yeah for the most part I do. Hell take me to a Barns and Nobles and give me a credit card and I'll come out about 7 or 8 hours later with 20 bags or more full of nothing but books and a maxed out credit card. But since we've been having money problems these past 4 years my mom doesn't have the money and won't let me get a job, so I read fan fictions to fill the void...

Nope. I actually have no idea what I am replying to right now. Something important probably. Usually is.

Beyond that, I don't read too much though I would like to start doing so more. Many great stories that could send my imagination for a loop. I have a very active imagination. :P I mainly need to start reading more traditional books or at least e-books.

mlfw9094-twilightdoyouevenread.png

I read posts and messages on the forums :3

But in all seriousness, I rarely ever read. Even when it comes to school, I seldom do it (I usually wait until a day or two before an exam to actually study lol). As for literature, the last thing I read was My Little Dashie, which was months ago.

Edited by LatinoChurro

• 6 months later...

So I was wondering if there were any other readers here. I didn't see any other topic about reading so I figured I'd start one. What kind of books do you mostly read? What's your favorite book/author?

I always laughed at Rainbow Dash when she called Twilight Sparkle an egghead. I heard that one quite a bit growing up. While it was a sore spot then I take it with pride now that I'm egghead.

One of my favorite episodes has to be where Rainbow Dash learns the joys of reading. 

So I just wanted to connect with other readers on this site since it's one of my favorite things to do.  :wub:

• Brohoof 2

Well, I quite like the books by Matthew Reilly, and I quite loved the Artemis Fowl series. My reading really ranges from the fantasy/sci-fi to the good old adventure. 
Though, as I am a reader I'm also a bit of a writer myself. 

(edited)

I've not read any of his books, but I have seen one of the movies based on his books. One about Hogfather. It was pretty interesting. I do have his books on my to-read list. However, that list is over 7,000 long lol.

Drama is good. I don't remember the last time I've read a book with a lot of drama though.

Edited by Aavid_Reader

@,
One of Matthew's books got turned into a movie? Damn, I really missed that. 

Though, on your very long list, put down the 8 ancient wonders series down first to read, they're pretty well done, and then read the scarecrow series. First one is more fantasy adventure like, and the second is more adventure drama like.  

@,

One of Matthew's books got turned into a movie? Damn, I really missed that. 

Though, on your very long list, put down the 8 ancient wonders series down first to read, they're pretty well done, and then read the scarecrow series. First one is more fantasy adventure like, and the second is more adventure drama like.  

Sorry I was meaning one of the Discworld books was turned into a movie.

I can recommend Dmitry Glukhovsky book, Metro 2033 and Metro 2034.

They're pretty awesome, and well writed :V

Hm...I'm not heard of them. I'll have to look into them. Thanks for the suggestion

I haven't read fiction in a few years, but I'm currently waiting for the "A Song of Ice and Fire" collection to arrive from Amazon, as I want to start reading again :P

I've not read any of the "A Song of Ice and Fire" yet, but they are on my to-read list.

I like reading. I don't read as much as I used to on account of my sleep disorder. I used to read for hours on end, now I can't read all that long before falling asleep. 

Anyways, I'm reading a book now called "Welcome to the NHK". It's been a pretty good read so far. It's a lot more messed up than it's anime adaption. 

I have several books I've bought, and have to get around to reading. (One of them being The Stand by Stephen King.)

• Brohoof 1

All ... of ... the ... time.

Last week I crossed 'The Road' and 'Looking for Alaska' off my list. I need something less weighty so I will likely grab a self-published Fantasy title from Amazon. I've been reading too much literary fiction these days and I need a break.

• Brohoof 1

All ... of ... the ... time.

Last week I crossed 'The Road' and 'Looking for Alaska' off my list. I need something less weighty so I will likely grab a self-published Fantasy title from Amazon. I've been reading too much literary fiction these days and I need a break.

I loved the road! Although the thing that bugged me is that we never know what caused the global catastrophe!