Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which fanfic is more well-known: Cupcakes or My Little Dashie?

SuperUltimateBrony

I don't think that My Little Dashie is well written. The writing style is so-so and the writer didn't give us enough story about their live (The dad and Dashie). He just tell us, not show us, and that makes the story lost its potency. Well, I think it's more popular than Cupcakes. I haven't read Cupcakes anyway.

• Brohoof 1

Personally, I knew about Cupcakes long, long before I knew what MLD even was. I didn't even know the latter was half as popular as it was at first.

I would say Cupcakes. It seems to (sadly) be one of the more notable things of the fandom, that everyone points out when, say, asked where the gutter of the fanbase lies.

MLD, on the other hand, I haven't seen very many people talk about. Everyone makes dry jokes and tsk-tsks at Cupcakes, but MLD? Not a word. Then again, maybe I just haven't been lurking the right chats.

• Brohoof 1

1st place is a story named ______ About a psychopathic cannibalistic version of my favorite pony.

a close 2nd Is a story called _______about a Sweet loving father and his pony daughter that made even my Immovable ass cry. 

I'll let you fill in the blanks there. 

• 6 months later...

While I like My Little Dashie much more, I tend to think Cupcakes is the more well-known fic. It has a shocking feel to it, and it is rather infamous. Almost everyone in the fandom knows what Cupcakes is. And it doesn't help that you're bound to run into a grimdark Pinkamena picture when you search "Pinkie Pie" on Google Images.

Sad how many people are just saying which they prefer and not their ideas on which one is more well known.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure Cupcakes is the most well known MLP fanfic, even if it is mostly infamous.  MLD is much more loved though.  I haven't read Cupcakes but I doubt I would like it.  My Little Dashie is my 2nd favorite fanfic (after Moonrise).

I'd have to say Cupcakes. It seems to be known as something to avoid though.

I only read it because a friend told me not to. That was never going to work. :)

As for MLD... Never read it. Can't say I'd heard of it before, although I have just started reading it.

I knew of "My Little Dashie" long before "Cupcakes".  As soon as I found out about "Cupcakes" I immediately blacklisted it on my fanfics to read list.  I feel that such things should not exist, but that's opinion.  Just knowing about it made me ill.  I liked "My Little Dashie" though.  It caused a feels explosion.

• Brohoof 1

The first fanfic I ever read was "My Little Dashie" I heard of "Cupcakes" after MLD and enjoyed MLD much more then I did Cupcakes. I can tell you that I didn't finish Cupcakes and I am glad I haven't tried to finish it but that's me though :)

I can't really answer that as I don't know the popularity levels of each, but from the looks of it they're about equal.

My personal favorite? MLD. I went into Cupcakes not knowing what it was, and it made me get to tears in a different way than MLD did. MLD was very joyful. I loved their relationship. So it was a good feeling when I became sad at the end. But Cupcakes? I wasn't sad. I was traumatized. I strictly hate gore, especially when it's of my favorite fandom. I cannot stand it. Reading that was horrific. I did not finish it, but I probably went a little further than others simply because my eyes could not stop passing from word to word. Being that I was traumatized, I couldn't really help that my eyes wanted to keep moving. I blame my eyes.

• 8 years later...

If I'd have to guess I think Cupcake is more famous for obvious reasons while Little Dashie has been read by more people. More interesting is even I found some youtube videos that seems to suggest that Cupcake is even known outside of the fandom. Not sure if this is also true for my little Dashie.

I personally haven't read either of them and while I might read My Little at some point in my life I would never read Cupcake. Never.

21 minutes ago, Flying Pencil said:

I'd say My Little Dashie is more popular while Cupcakes a torture gorefic. I'v read through Cupcakes and one of the reasons I don't like Pinkie. 

You do know the real Pinkie is not like how she is in the fanfic.

I did find the fanmade video of an animated Rainbow Dash in real life in My Little Dashie to be cute