Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why anti-bronies should leave bronies alone

Unique Pinkie Pie

this is a full list to why anti-bronies should leave us bronies alone.

1. anti-bronies will wreak there own reputation with the internet

2. being a brony is like being a Trekkie but more into ponies

3. causing trouble than actually watching the show and liking it will cause bronies to not accept them

4. its just a persons opinion so (to anti-bronies) don't go crazy with hating them

5. most of their friends will be bronies so this will cause problems

6. i don't attack them because they dont like it so they shouldn't do it to us 

7. (to anti-bronies) some soldiers are bronies so your argument is invalid

8. calling someone gay is like if i called you dumb so they should manly stop it

9. its like being racist (as there are many of us) and they should think twice

10. i hope you agree with some of this unreadable mess

• Brohoof 5

Or, bronies can stop attacking anti-bronies. Due to deviance, you aren't helping yourself being rude to them, it makes them rationalize bronies as being rude and obnoxious.

I swear some bronies attack people who don't like the show more then the other way around.

• Brohoof 30

let em choke on their stereotypes! they're gonna talk cuz that's all they can do. if they really wanna do sumthin bout us maybe they should grow a sac and actually DO SOMETHING! Round us up in death camps like the SS or something. in the end it's all talk and empty threats and no action. 

All of your points are indeed valid. But just like any fandom some people will surely make fun of us. Every fandom has problems like that and they always overcome them.

Cqum5.jpg

I did find some truth to your logic

1.) Many internet dwellers are bronies, and surely they will dislike anti-bronies.

2.) You are certainly right, being a brony is like being into any other fandom

3.) If you are a hater and make yourself a bad reputation the brony community probably won't accept you, that is true.

4.) Yes, people are entitled to their opinions

5.) I don't think there is evidence to support that most of them will but probably at least a couple of them will.

6.) We don't go out on a tangent of attacking them, so they shouldn't attack us. Makes sense.

7.) True, depending on what exactly their argument is of course.

8.) They should stop it, it's rude and unwarranted,

9.) It is being prejudice.

10.) I hope I do too.

Edited by Harmonic Revelations
  • Brohoof 2

let em choke on their stereotypes! they're gonna talk cuz that's all they can do. if they really wanna do sumthin bout us maybe they should grow a sac and actually DO SOMETHING! Round us up in death camps like the SS or something. in the end it's all talk and empty threats and no action. 

So...you'd be HAPPY if we where rounded up and slaughtered in death camps? 

That's cool...I guess. Is it? No...it's...really not. I mean, that's messed up. But I see your point. There's no point even reacting to these guys, they aren't hurting us, bronies are here to stay and that's precisely what we're doing. The only people who are going to make us leave are right here. 

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

right im not saying lets kill ourselves and now i read that i can see how sick some bronies can be. here you can have the seal of aproval of showing that im not the monstor

Edited by The brony master

You can never stop people from being "Haters" no matter how much you try. It's always because most haters have problems in their daily lives they need to deal with. They target bronies because they can't view the fandom as "Normal". The two best ways I know how to deal with haters is three ways.

1. Simply ignore them & do not reply.

2. Be kind to them in responses, almost as if anything offensive he/she says doesn't offend you.

3. Try and be their friend, talk with the hater about problems in their daily lives, and recommend episodes of MLP for them to watch depending on their interests.

• Brohoof 2

There are a lot of bronies that are haters of non-bronies. I think people often get actual haters confused with people who just aren't into the show. Also, the post about putting people in death death camps is absolutely unnecessary and is a little extreme if you ask me. Some things mentioned in the original post don't really make any sense. Yeah, some soldiers are bronies, SOME.

In conclusion this seems like a pointless topic that I'm pretty sure has already been discussed.

Edited by Betez
  • Brohoof 2

img-1077062-1-161713__UNOPT__animated.gi

Well, honestly, we attack anti-bronies more then they attack us. We get sooo protective over a show that we decide it's best to argue and bicker. Aaaaand I don't like it.

Well, sure, I like ponies. But it's not my life. I draw them because it's the few things I can draw without messing up the arms, I watch the show, sure, but I don't hunt down anti-bronies and make them "pay". Anti bronies attack us, we should just say 'Well, thats just like, your opinion man' and move on.

In all honesty, we should be making a list on why we shouldn't attack anti bro-

IDEA!

EDIT: This thread still exists?

Edited by Shift
  • Brohoof 7

Okay so, I am totally drugged up on pain killers for oral surgery I had and yet I think I can form a better sentence then the OP. 

anti bronies are like any other 'anti' group. They have their own valid reason in their own mind for their issues and making a list like this isn't going to help. Also, if someone, anyone came to me and said "such and such group consists of soldiers so your argument is invalid" I'd laugh. I've seen some soldiers do some awful things. Most are awesome but some, like the kind that bomb their fellow soldiers , betray their country, etc...are just trash. Being a soldier or not being a soldier doesn't add any more or less to this kind of argument. 

• Brohoof 1

Well, honestly, we attack anti-bronies more then they attack us. We get sooo protective over a show that we argue.

I don't know about that. I keep getting a lot of unpleasant messages on other sites, just because I have 50x50 pony avatar, despite the fact I never talk about MLP. In fact I don't see many people forcing MLP anywhere or "attacking" someone as you say. I often see a bit weird or annoying arguing from actual bronies, but it's always a reaction, not something they started. 

It's kind of that good old "Everyone knows they do it, noone just saw it yet".

Well, what I'm saying, if one person punches other and the second punches back, you can't really blame the second, even if it causes awkward situation or if you disagree.

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~
Removing response to hidden content.
  • Brohoof 1

you know i use to be ashamed that i'm an adult that likes pokemon. that if anyone found out i would be criticised for enjoying something for kids. in fact there was a few people i knew that thought i was being childish for it. you could call them real life trolls. but you know what i explained why i like it and when on my way. now that im not embarrassed about pokemon i have several friends who are int it.

i cant help but feel if we use the same approach to ani-bronies. we can stop 90% of the hatred out there and find more friends who are like us

and yes i said 90% i know there will always be those who hate just to hate. i have talked to someone who dose that and he will do alot of research into something just to prove someone wrong. it confused me and he said he like to pit his mind against others who are "obsessed" with something 

i can understand your point of view but the main thing you need to understand is that people like being the bad guy online. its nothing personal and it dosnt have anything to do with the show or us being bronies. people will always find a reason to hurt people and find enjoyment out of it. i wouldn't be surprised to find that some anti-bronies are closet bronies and are just embarrassed about it. thats why they find amusement talking bad about it.

people just enjoy being mean weather there is logic in it or not and that is not going to change.   sadly :(  

I don't know about that. I keep getting a lot of unpleasant messages on other sites, just because I have 50x50 pony avatar, despite the fact I never talk about MLP. In fact I don't see many people forcing MLP anywhere or "attacking" someone as you say. I often see a bit weird or annoying arguing from actual bronies, but it's always a reaction, not something they started. 

It's kind of that good old "Everyone knows they do it, noone just saw it yet".

Well, what I'm saying, if one person punches other and the second punches back, you can't really blame the second, even if it causes awkward situation or if you disagree.

I'm talking about things like youtube, 4chan, etc. We actually raise more of a ruckus then the anti-bronies do...have you even seen what some of us do? Us bronies are a bigger group then the anti-bronies...more people means more over-obsessed fans...that leads to more arguments started by us.

emotes from FIMfiction

1. We will wreck our reputation on this here internet.

2. We actually cause more trouble then anti-bronies do to us! pinkiegasp.png Amazing, right? 

3. It makes Anti-Bronies dislike us more...and more...we don't want to repeat the war with 4chan, do we? fluttershbad.png

4. It's just a TV show. Don't get into a huge fuss about it. 

5. Some of our friends may not like MLP [My best friend is an anti-brony], and it might ruin our friendship. However, if you attempt to keep off of the subject or tease them a bit about it, they may lay off of it and your friendship will be still going strong. yay.png

6. It may keep others leave the herd, or not join at all because of our...nature.

7. Love and tolerate is what the show is about. I don't think arguing is love and tolerating...is it? rainbowderp.png

8. They are not any point lower then us, and we should respect their opinions.

9. Not all of them are bad. Seriously, as I said before, my best friend is an anti-brony and we're still best friends. She's really cool.

10. While some anti-bronies may fight, they are wrong. You are just being as wrong by continuing the argument.

11. If you egg them on more...they'll punch back harder.

12. Thank you for not tl;dring or LOL NOT READ this. However, if you do do that, I totally called that pinkiecrazy.png

• Brohoof 9

All I have to say is that the anti-bronies are ignorant, have misleading arguments, misuse terms (like calling us pedophiles just because they have been taught that MLP was a child's show), and some are narrow minded. 

Now this is not to attack. Most of what I said is true about anti-bronies, but it is not an attack. 

I'm talking about things like youtube, 4chan, etc. We actually raise more of a ruckus then the anti-bronies do...have you even seen what some of us do? Us bronies are a bigger group then the anti-bronies...more people means more over-obsessed fans...that leads to more arguments started by us.

I'm talking about youtube too, but not 4chan. You aren't on 4chan if you aren't a troll at the first place.

Also I doubt that the number of bronies is higher than the number of trolls in the world.

It's not like there is a real, dedicated group of nice people who turn bad just when they see MLP, it's just a large assortment of people who are assholes and will hate to/or provoke anything that is the minority or somewhat controversial. Either to get attention or simply because they are assholes by nature.

But yeah, there are some awkward "discussions" but again, don't blame the people on the defense, someone simply can't help it and defend what they like when it's attacked, someone will just ignore it. The latter is arguably the better option for everyone.

Why do I get the feeling that this is a (not so) subtle response to the very recently created thread: 'Why anti-bronies should leave bronies alone'?

Even so, I'm entirely on your side. Yes, the haters can get annoying, but firing hate back at them only gives them more ammunition and actually justifies some of the points they make.

And anyway, this forum is arguably the most hospitable and friendliest place on the internet. You're preaching to the converted! :lol:

• Brohoof 1

I like your reasons!

I agree. Don't get why anti-bronies have to make a big deal over us bronies. However, being mean back to them isn't going to improve anything. However, I agree with most of these reasons, and I think that bronies should let anti-bronies be, and anti-bronies should let bronies be. 

I don't get why everyone's hating on this, though. :P He didn't say anything about hunting down anti-bronies or anything. He just stated his reasons for why they should leave us alone. Anyways, just love and tolerate. Hating on them will just let them know that we're bothered, which will make them start trolling even more. ;)