Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Krystal's vector thread

Krystal

Okay, so you've already seen my animated image thread and my thread for randomly photoshoping ponies into other pictures but I should let you know that I'm starting to get into the big world of vectoring too. I'm using the pen tool in Photoshop CS6 to make these. They were originally 5000 x 5000 pixels each but I resized them to 500 x 500 to upload them.

This is my first vector

I actually made this one from a hand made drawing I made of my OC and I went into Adobe Illustrator CS6 and used the "Vectorize" feature or whatever it's called. It's really nice, it can turn any image into a vector, drawing the paths and everything for you.

post-5308-0-28376200-1358448562_thumb.png

Then, I remade it with the pen tool in Photoshop because I thought it'd be a bit cleaner. I made this one by making the path in the middle of the line and then stroking rather than making the path on the edges of the lines and filling. I couldn't figure out how to make it work on the mane's outline so that's why it looks so weird.

post-5308-0-86340600-1358448568_thumb.png

The following were made by filling the path

post-5308-0-45553300-1358448586_thumb.png

post-5308-0-01202200-1358448599_thumb.png

Criticism welcome! :) If I brohoof your post, that means thank you.

Edited by Krystal
  • Brohoof 1

I really like 'em! Especially the first one. What I like the most about them is that they are shaped exactly like the ponies in the show, something you don't see all that often. Keep up the good work.

• Brohoof 1