Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your thoughts on 'Cupcakes' Creepypasta?

Unique Pinkie Pie

i think quite a few of watched the infamous cupcakes creepypasta (yes it is a creepypasta not fanvid)

i made the mistake of watching it and i felt sick after it if anyone else agrees or doesn't say why

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~
Removed nsfw content.
  • Brohoof 3

I've not read it nor watched it, and I intend to keep it that way. Nothing appeals to me about ponies being brutally murdered. That's why the first grimdark I read was the last.

Edited by Flipturn
  • Brohoof 5

Lol. I hate it.

It's an absolute joke of a creepypasta.

The premise is kinda horrifying, but the story itself... Eehhhh it's mostly just pointless gore and made for shock value.

The video is pretty disturbing however, but it's still just gore :P

There is some good things that came out of it, though.

I can't find it, but there's a fanfiction where Rainbow Dash tests out this suit for Twilight, and she gets brought to another dimension. Each dimension she has to find Twilight, so she can use the suit to try and get home.

All of the universes are related to the cupcakes story.

Here they are:

-Rainbow Dash is starring in a cupcakes movie

-Rocket to insanity

-A universe where Applejack saved Rainbow Dash from Pinkie, but she doesn't have her wings any more

-And the last one is... Cupcakes :P

Edited by Zalgo
  • Brohoof 4

I don't hate it, but I'm not overly fond of it either. It's just shock horror, there's no real "meat" to the story. Real horror should strive to scare by playing on primal fears and not just rely on "Oh crap, my best friend is a serial killer!" 

I'm not saying that the "best friend is a killer" storyline can't be done well, but Cupcakes kinda falls short  IMO. 

• Brohoof 2

It's provocative joke (?) that became a running joke. All the references and awkwardness it still cause is totally worth it.

Don't get too dramatic about it, there isn't much to be dramatic about.

Also...

qSWHl.jpg

• Brohoof 11

Meh. It's alright. Nothing great, just your typical slasher fic. Probably the worst grimdark out there. If you want the gory type of grimdark, then Rainbow Factory is a better choice, as it has actually has a plot, and the worldbuilding is done great.

Edited by ThatSpiritofChaos
  • Brohoof 1

I don't really plan on reading Cupcakes.

But I do like (however characters must be in character.) dark creepy stories, as long as good wins in the end after a long bitter strangle against evil.  

In all honesty, I don't hate the creepypasta per se however, it's just not my cup of tea. There was a time when I was actually quite intrigued by it but that time is long gone :P (good riddance)

ohthanksweetbabyodin!!!

The cupcakes vid is blocked in germany! 

I Clicked it 'cause I wasn't thinking.

This is the ONE time I'll ever actually aprove of G.E.M.A

Nonetheless

I refuse to watch or read it. I read similar a fanfic and it ruined lyra for me for the next month. :(

So yeah. That is Why I Won't read 'Cupcakes'.

Edited by yourmomsponies

I generally find horror amusing or even funny, not scary.  I'm weird like that. Here' s my opinion of Cupcakes though

Story: 4/10 It was original in some ways. I give it that, but for the most part it was just senseless gore for no reason. Really, there wasn't much of a plot at all.

How the story was told: 9/10 The lead-up was good, and I like how SS kept Pinkie in character, even when she was doing such out- of- character things to Rainbow Dash. The descriptions were vivid, and there were some funny jokes in it as well.

Writing quality: 5/10 The grammar of the original was atrocious, and the general writing quality was pretty bad. The corrected version is better though, even if not everything is perfect.

Violence: 7/10 As a horror enthusiast I found Pinkie' s actions to be average in terms of horror/grimdark content. There was some aspects of it that were quite original though.

Overall: 7/10 It' s not a great fic, but it is worth a read to those without weak dispositions. I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. It' s not as good as Rainbow Factory, but it is better than S.A.M.

Video: 5/10 I watch it and I'm like, "Meh". I would prefer that people read the fic than watch the video. The quality of the animation was pretty good though.

• Brohoof 1

post-9627-0-11510400-1358100644_thumb.png

Excellent, this is why I love Germany. There are only two countries in the world that are affected. Seriously, what happened to freedom and everything? <_<

Anyway, I've watched a few videos and read the fic itself (probably the original) and while I wouldn't quite call it disturbing, I wasn't thrilled either.

At least my brain can tell the difference between stuff that really happens in pony land and stuff that people make up, so Pinkie isn't ruined for me.

When wandering the fandom + internet references to this cupcake phenomena pop up here and there, but it's not something worth looking into just for that.

If you think you can take it, it's nice to understand what everyone is talking about, but if you're not into this sort of stuff, just leave. Now. You won't be missing thaaat much. ;)

• Brohoof 1

Read it,was vastly unimpressed.

It's not even scary,let alone disturbing.It's just...bad.Really,really bad.Even Slenderman is creepier than Cupcakes,it's that underwhelming.I don't recommend reading it unless you're curious.Otherwise,just avoid it,especially if you got a weak stomach.

• Brohoof 1

I just watched the video, and I didn't get it. The video seems stupid and pointless, and I don't think I'll be reading the story anytime soon.

• Brohoof 1

I like the idea behind the storyline, but it could have been much better. Truthfully, I love Mr. Davie's video of it. It's so colourful and I dare to say it - hilariously fun.

Edited by Dismajo

I enjoyed cupcakes very much, and have gotten a lot of hate for that, considering the fact it was a better written fanfic than My Little Dashie (bleh).

Come at me bro.

• Brohoof 1

I share the same opinion as many of you who have posted before me so there really isn't much else to say. It was poorly written and poorly constructed. It was written just for the sake of grossing people out and messing with the over-emotional (or maybe hormonal) people who can't take the idea of a single drop of blood being leaked.

I dunno, I just didn't like it. I read some of it, skimmed the rest, then skipped to the end to find it lacking a good ending.

Although, I will admit the idea behind it had potential, but it was ruined.

I believe the reason is the standard "grimdark ewwww" and "No, pinkie NO!" which are very understandable reasons to be honest. But those are also very generic and very simple reasons. If we are going to to dig a little deeper as why it is disliked I would have to say its most likely because its a one shot and lazy story.

It doesn't establish anything, it doesn't build up to anything. It doesn't actually create any story arc or interesting ideas. It doesn't explore Pinkie's insanity which would of been a very good thing to read about. It doesn't build up to said insanity, it doesn't give us a logical reason as to why pinkie pie would create a number system(sorry if thats only on the tumblr, if it is then it doesn't explain why she want to eat people) and kill people, just because you are psychotic to a murderous extent doesn't mean to you leave the ability to think coherently at the door, you experience either total thinking break down-hysteria- or standard Loose association thinking which would be the only thing PInkie pie could actually have since she is clearly able to keep herself together to perform a public image and talk steadily. Psychosis would actually explain some of pinkie pie personalty altogether actually.

We could just say shes a violent schizoid but she exhibit no symptoms of a schizoid and if she does she a very, very, very tame schizoid at that. Multiple personality disorder? ok, why does her second personality exhibit psychotic traits. Apparently a psychopath can kill due to morality gaps but even then it doesn't explain her thinking and compulsions. 

The thing about the fic is that it.. establishes...NOTHING...it explains...nothing...it builds up..nothing. It is literally just a snuff movie in fan fic form.

I like to personally see it as a dark joke to party of one and cup cake song, when you look at it like that it is a much better fic but if you actually look at it like a story, an actual story it ironically missing a lot of the guts that make a story. 

The dialogue and descriptions are good though. I haven't read the story for a long time though so forgive my ignorance and forgetful memory.

I do however like cupcakes and pinkie mena. I like dark things.

• Brohoof 2

I don't know. To me it feels like "OMG BLOOD GORE I'M GOING TO KILL YA RAINBOW DASH LOL". Like the people said before, it doesn't have any substance, and with that said, it's "bleh" to me. Plus it was mediocre anyway.

Anyhow, I'm not really a fan of gruesome stuff like this anyway. I'm more of a fan of more less-bloody interactions between characters and where the cheery pink pony who's supposed to cheer people up does NOT want to kill other ponies and make them into cupcakes.

Edited by OlegEqualzName
  • Brohoof 1

That's not even the the actual Cupcakes

That's just a parody meant for laughs, I found it a bit funny, and the song,..... god, I love Andrew W.K.

I'm not a fan of Cupcakes, but I don't complain about it :3

I have not watched, nor will I ever watch my favorite pony get mutilated. I know enough about it without reading or watching it, and that's enough for me. Plus, it's not my cup of tea. I don't care for shock value and lots of gore. I would rather have a story.

I have only seen a few stuff with lots of gore. Most recently Elfen Lied. I watch for good stories, so if I hear something has a good story, I will check it out, and I can overlook lots of gore if it's not done as a gore fest.

• Brohoof 3

I watched this on Youtube months ago. Does this kind of animated gore remind anybody else of Happy Tree Friends?

I didn't care to see Rainbow Dash get sliced and diced. Disgust aside, the animation is well done but it's the song that really makes it work. Ready to Die is the most deceptively upbeat sounding morbid song I've heard since 99 Luftballons...except I that can understand the lyrics. :P

I've read elsewhere that Andrew WK is a Brony and has appeared at an MLP convention. But does anybody know if he become a Brony because of this little production?

• Brohoof 1

I read cupcakes, and it was kinda gross. Made me gag a little bit, but that's all. The actual writing isn't that great, I mean, after all  it was made just to creep people out. I don't think it actually creeped that many people out, but as I said, it is a little gross.

Now when it comes to the video, well, I should say videos, because there's a few of them. Their all kind of poorly done, some of them look like they were done in MS paint, not really that great "Youtube watching material" in my opinion.

Edited by Modphase

Does this kind of animated gore remind anybody else of Happy Tree Friends?

Thanks for reminding me about that, because ironically, I like Happy Tree Friends. Of course I still don't care for a gore fest. But life is full of irony.

I guess I look at cupcakes with an odd sort of sentimentality, because it was one of the first pieces of MLP: FiM culture that got me interested in the fandom. I remember hearing my brony friends talk about it at lunch like it was the darkest, most horrifying, and most unspeakably gruesome piece of fiction that was ever written. When I heard that it was about ponies, I burst out laughing. How could a story about pink and rainbow-colored ponies ever inspire this much horror and dread? 

I did end up reading the whole thing, and the best word I could think of to describe it was "silly". But since this was the piece of media that introduced me to the fandom, I can't help but look upon it with a bizzare (and misplaced) sense of fondness. I still consider the story to be inessential reading, but I guess if you're into grim-dark stuff, you could do worse.

• Brohoof 1