Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

fluttershy's a great singer. does the voice sing professionally?

DR Leper Lupinstein

I don't think that any of the singers for the show sings professionally, they just sing for the show, and I'm sure they might do some music or voice acting or something somewhere else(You know considering alot of the voice actors sing for their characters.)

I think one of the voice actors said something about how they where all had voice training for the most part because it helps with voice acting, so they can also all sing pretty well to.

However I've never heard anything about them being famous for singing.

Doesn't hurt to look it up, instead of making a new topic for it. Here's a link to her Wikipedia page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrea_Libman

She's listed as a singer, so it appears as if she's done other roles outside of that lullaby, though it might just be there because of that one song. Eh, it's worth some more research.

I don't think that any of the singers for the show sings professionally, they just sing for the show, and I'm sure they might do some music or voice acting or something somewhere else(You know considering alot of the voice actors sing for their characters.)

I think one of the voice actors said something about how they where all had voice training for the most part because it helps with voice acting, so they can also all sing pretty well to.

img-1081378-1-2yozns6.jpg

I never would have figured that. Considering how great jobs some of them do. I could have swore they had at least one professional singer on the show at some point but I couldn't put my finger on it.

Edited by Harmonic Revelations
  • Brohoof 1

img-1081378-1-2yozns6.jpg

I never would have figured that. Considering how great jobs some of them do. I could have swore they had at least on professional singer on the show at some point but I couldn't put my finger on it.

They do, some of them sing for their characters, and some don't, I don't remember who does and doesn't all I know is when I was watching an interview they mentioned how most of the voice actors for the show had voice training, and thats why they could also sing their parts for their characters.

I think that Pinkies voice actor doesn't sing, pretty sure its another person :P. Not sure beyond that.

I don't think that any of the singers for the show sings professionally,

I'm not entirely sure that that's true.  Michelle Creber who's Applebloom's voice and Sweetie Belle's singing voice released some sort of album not too long ago, and Ashleigh Ball, who's Rainbow Dash's voice and singing voice, as well as Applejack's voice (I'm not sure if she sings for her as well...) sings in a band.  Those are the only two that I know of though, I'm pretty sure that Andrea Libman (Fluttershy's voice and singing voice as well as Pinkie Pie's voice) hasn't done any other professional singing.

Edited by antismurf9001
  • Brohoof 3

I'm not entirely sure that that's true.  Michelle Creber who's Applebloom's voice and Sweetie Belle's singing voice released some sort of album not too long ago, and Ashleigh Ball, who's Rainbow Dash's voice and singing voice, as well as Applejack's voice (I'm not sure if she sings for her as well...) sings in a band.  Those are the only two that I know of though, I'm pretty sure that Andrea Libman (Fluttershy's voice and singing voice as well as Pinkie Pie's voice) hasn't done any other professional singing.

Oh, I wasn't really aware of that myself, thanks for the insight.

Proably should've done a bit more research at first.. And a bit of thinking :P.

Oh, I wasn't really aware of that myself, thanks for the insight.

Proably should've done a bit more research at first.. And a bit of thinking :P.

Oh, no, that's no problem.  The only reason that I know any of that is because I watched a bunch of the VA panels (which, by the way, are worth watching if you have several spare hours).  I don't think that it's easy information to come by otherwise.

• Brohoof 1

Michelle Creber and Ashleigh Ball with her band Hey Ocean! are the only singers from the show who have records where they sing professionally I believe, Andrea Libman speaks and sings for Fluttershy(as well as Pinkie Pie's speaking voice, and sometimes singing apparently) but has not done any records that I know of, purely a voice actress I think.

I'm not entirely sure that that's true. Michelle Creber who's Applebloom's voice and Sweetie Belle's singing voice released some sort of album not too long ago, and Ashleigh Ball, who's Rainbow Dash's voice and singing voice, as well as Applejack's voice (I'm not sure if she sings for her as well...) sings in a band. Those are the only two that I know of though, I'm pretty sure that Andrea Libman (Fluttershy's voice and singing voice as well as Pinkie Pie's voice) hasn't done any other professional singing.

She does.
  • Brohoof 1

Well the Voice Actress of Rainbow Dash and Applejack,  Asleigh Ball, is lead singer in a band, at the moment, I've gotten the dumb and I can't remember the band's name :V

But I don't think Andrea is a professional singer, even though she sings the wonderful Pinkie songs <3

Edited by Pinkazoid
  • Brohoof 1

In the credits there is a list of which characters have a separate VA for their singing voice. I know Twilight Sparkle does, but I'm not sure about the rest.

In the credits there is a list of which characters have a separate VA for their singing voice. I know Twilight Sparkle does, but I'm not sure about the rest.

Rarity does too, I'm not sure about Andrea Libman, I think she does too, then again, I haven't even watched MLP since last Saturday when it aired, so how should I know? xD

Edited by Thereisnospoon303
Removed quotation of a hidden post.

Twilight, and Rarity have separate VAs for their singing voices (Rebecca Shoichet and Kazumi Evans respectively). Both Andrea & Shannon Chan-Kent do Pinkie's singing voice in different songs. My theory is that Andrea sings for Pinkie on the songs that are really short (i.e Welcome to Ponyville). Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy keep their VAs.

Ashleigh is the lead singer for Hey Ocean!. She has a professional singing career.

Andrea doesn't really have a professional singing career. She's listed as a singer because she sings for Fluttershy (and occasionally Pinkie) in the show, and probably other characters she does in other shows. These songs include, for Fluttershy at least...

• Winter Warp Up
  • Hush Now, Quiet Now
  • So Many Wonders
  • At the Gala
  • Find A Pet Song
  • The Heart Carol (I guess)
  • The Ballad of the Crystal Empire
  • The Success Song
Edited by PrymeStriker
  • Brohoof 2

I'm pretty sure Ashleigh Ball is the only VA who sings professionally of the main six.

Also, for those wondering (or too lazy to look it up):

Twilight Sparkle

Speaking Voice: Tara Strong

Singing Voice: Rebecca Shoichet

Rarity:

Speaking Voice: Tabitha St. Germain

Singing Voice: Kazumi Evans

Applejack:

Singing and Speaking Voice: Ashleigh Ball

Rainbow Dash

Fluttershy

Singing and Speaking Voice: Andrea Libman

Pinkie Pie

Speaking Voice: Andrea Libman

Singing Voice: Shannon Chan-Kent/Andrea Libman

The big reason why they have seperate VA's for their singing voices is because many of the VA's for MLP do alot of different projects, and Tara lives very far away from Vancouver (where they do the recording sessions for MLP).

• Brohoof 1

Applejack:

Rainbow Dash

Fluttershy

Singing and Speaking Voice: Andrea Libman

Pinkie Pie

Speaking Voice: Andrea Libman

Singing Voice: Shannon Chan-Kent/Andrea Libman

c3e.jpg

Seriously? Two people do the MAJORITY of the voice acting for the 6 main characters, including singing?

Screw Tara Strong, give these girls some awards or something.

• Brohoof 1

img-1083088-1-c3e.jpg

Seriously? Two people do the MAJORITY of the voice acting for the 6 main characters, including singing?

Screw Tara Strong, give these girls some awards or something.

Ashleigh Ball and Andrea Libman are the only ones who play multiple *main* characters, but Tabitha St. Germain, in addition to voicing Rarity, also does Luna, Granny Smith, Mrs. Cake, and other incidentals including Derpy and Rarity's mom. 

But yeah.  Kind of amazing to think that Ashleigh Ball devoted to her competing against, well, herself in an Iron Pony competition.

• Brohoof 1